Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JSMC

pole hose what ya all use?
« on: May 17, 2009, 10:21:47 pm »
i have that yellow stuff i got with my poles . I think it's from streamline. seems ok anyone else use it.

cant find anywher eonline wher eye can buy it though

NWH

Re: pole hose what ya all use?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 10:22:37 pm »
B&Q 5mm marine hose is the best.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 11:28:52 pm »
B&Q 5mm marine hose is the best.

Really? lol, is it light?

I've heard good things about Algarde, being light, and flexible.

I'm just using the standard stuff Gardiners uses.

NWH

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 11:30:44 pm »
Just get it from B&Q Tim lol,it`s exactly the same as they all try and sell you except from the coloured stuff.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 11:41:28 pm »
Just get it from B&Q Tim lol,it`s exactly the same as they all try and sell you except from the coloured stuff.

Excellent.

Have you got any experience with other pole hose? Like algarde?

NWH

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 03:51:05 pm »
I wouldn`t use the Algarde as it would tear to easily i would think,it`s very soft with cold and i use hot water so it would getting holes in it in no time.

CLEANGLASSUK

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 07:32:11 pm »
The stuff ionic sell's is probably the best.

kris martin

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 07:59:18 pm »
get the 8mm from gardiners, its 30 metres for about a tenner..... a lot cheaper than B&Q..

kris

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 08:19:16 pm »
Brodex have new pole hose 30m £29.99 just bought some good stuff simila to steamline but black also got quick delivery ordered wednesday got it today.This hose is 100% better than clear standard pole hose much better when cold and doesnt tangle as much thus saving time!.
Spit and polish

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2009, 08:29:43 pm »
I use a low pressure system and like algarde, it doesnt tear but stretches, its worn a slot in the Hozebox plastic reel where it is pulled in and out rather than wearing the hose. Very light and ideal for modulars. But as NWH has said not for everyone.

dai

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2009, 10:28:03 pm »
I'm with Jeff on this one, the best thing with Algarde is that you get total flow control just by folding the hose.
I don't like too much pressure either, so keep the Varistream pressure down, the Sureflow back pack only has a 35 psi pump and has no problem doing 3rd floor windows.
The problem I have with the digital Varistream is getting the pressure down low enough.
I would recommend the Algarde as a pole hose, but only for that, I have about 15 metres on my backpack trolley and it will catch on a daisy's shadow, won't pull off either.
Being silicon it would handle hot water better than any other hose.

JSMC

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2009, 10:37:46 pm »
where can ye buy the streamline hose from ?

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2009, 10:45:33 pm »
I'm with Jeff on this one, the best thing with Algarde is that you get total flow control just by folding the hose.
I don't like too much pressure either, so keep the Varistream pressure down, the Sureflow back pack only has a 35 psi pump and has no problem doing 3rd floor windows.
The problem I have with the digital Varistream is getting the pressure down low enough.
I would recommend the Algarde as a pole hose, but only for that, I have about 15 metres on my backpack trolley and it will catch on a daisy's shadow, won't pull off either.

Is Algarde a lot lighter then normal clear pole hose?

GWCS

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2009, 10:59:35 pm »
where can ye buy the streamline hose from ?

found it whilst browsing..

http://www.purereflection.co.uk/products/5/

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2009, 05:40:42 am »

Is Algarde a lot lighter then normal clear pole hose?
Go to an aquarium shop and ask to see "silicon type" airline hose 4mmID 6mmOD usually blue Algarde sometimes Yamitsu white. Approx 35p/metre. Single skin so nothing to de-laminate with heat. Use tiny spear connectors.