This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

edd

parking sensors
« on: May 17, 2009, 06:28:32 pm »
its not a window cleaning thing well just got some rear parking sensors for trafic van as its a lwb and I can never guess it right , so £ 40 from maplins and an hour later all done .They really are good makes parking so easy I wished that I bought them years ago

Chris Cottrell

Re: parking sensors
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 06:30:03 pm »
Looks good, what do you get for in the cab some sort of bleeper maybe?

Window Washers

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 07:41:59 pm »
Thinking I should get these for my guy as hes poor at parking. are they easy to fit and do they really work, if so how ?
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

darragh windows

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 07:45:26 pm »
i have them fitted only took about 15 min and im no spark,
jamie

LWC

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 07:49:19 pm »
Nice one Ed, i could do with them, im horrendous at reverse parking in the vivaro lol  ;D

darragh windows

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 07:50:01 pm »
Thinking I should get these for my guy as hes poor at parking. are they easy to fit and do they really work, if so how ?

got mine off ebay about £10 to £20 and yes they really do work even the wife can reverse the van now
jamie

dave.e

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 07:51:51 pm »
I have some on my transit thay were standed on this model and yes thay are good but some times get on my t**s but i do have a button on the dash so thay can be turned off so no problems

edd

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2009, 10:14:48 pm »
there is a really cool little display module that counts down in metres and bleeps
that is fitted to the dash

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2009, 10:16:05 pm »
The Nissan version of that van (Primastar) has them fitted as standard.  Make sure you keep them clean as they are less reliable if they get dirty.

edd

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2009, 10:40:17 pm »
hey matt if you get some ill fit them for you no prob dude

Window Washers

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2009, 10:59:54 pm »

got mine off ebay about £10 to £20 and yes they really do work even the wife can reverse the van now
do you have a link for me, and others ?
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

JSMC

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2009, 11:02:18 pm »
where ye run the wires to on these

Darren O

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2009, 11:05:06 pm »
Ive got them on my Primaster best thing about the van.

edd

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2009, 11:44:26 pm »
guys the box comes with a drill so drill 4 holes put in the sensors the wires i put into the right hand bottom corner  under the plastic trim connected to the control box then put in the bleeper for the front behind the trim under the seat
under the floor mat behind the dash and out by the radio all nice and neat bingo done

the control box has 2 wire + & - the black- go's to earth so i drilled a little hole and put a self tapping screw in the + red wire has to go to reverse light and on the trafic its a purple wire so 2 screws and remove the reverse light and solder it in hope this helps Edd

john tomkins

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2009, 11:49:30 pm »

darragh windows

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2009, 04:20:39 pm »

sorry dont know how to put a link up  but its ebay item number : 190308203594

I went for just two sensors as i have a towbar, also left out the light sensor these ones just beep but kit comes with everything you need, i thought theres enough wires about the van without running more up to the cab the beeper can also be heared outside the van which makes it harder to reverse into people.  perhaps you could put a link up for me to help others out for all the price of these they will pay for themselves if they stop you from hitting just one thing

jamie

Window Washers

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2009, 04:24:34 pm »

sorry dont know how to put a link up  but its ebay item number : 190308203594

I went for just two sensors as i have a towbar, also left out the light sensor these ones just beep but kit comes with everything you need, i thought theres enough wires about the van without running more up to the cab the beeper can also be heared outside the van which makes it harder to reverse into people.  perhaps you could put a link up for me to help others out for all the price of these they will pay for themselves if they stop you from hitting just one thing

Cheers, here is the link http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190308203594

R W C

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2009, 04:59:13 pm »
Cor blimey you sound like a bunch of woman, surely you can park a van by now lol.

darragh windows

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2009, 05:03:38 pm »
Cor blimey you sound like a bunch of woman, surely you can park a van by now lol.

health and safety the blind can hear you reverse.
jamie

R W C

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2009, 05:06:25 pm »
well if its only so the blind can hear you then save your money and spend £1.50 on a new reverse light that beeps, this is what i have.  ;D