This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Rob_Mac

Re: hot versus cold pure water
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2009, 03:19:37 pm »
Slump buster

I have given an opinion on a subject that I find interesting but from where I stand can see no benefit to my business, I have not attacked anyone or belittled anyone for having the system.

If you have one similarly I don't care, Ian, someone I know and have had business dealings with replied well and I wanted to add to that.

I have  spent quite a few years on the site and yet again there will be the one that wants to pull a topic down to arguing, this is almost a daily thing.

Get a grip man and stop making a fool of yourself!!!!

I have nothing to prove on here or anywhere else, if the defence of the system is that it keeps the hose supple through the winter and keeps the hands warm then I would suggest a pair of waterproof gloves, with less running cost and virtually no maintenance and no questions over potential problems.

If we put our businesses side by side I would make you look like a no starter, do not call me stark raving bonkers, I have never disrespected you or anyone else on here.

I will bow out of the topic, Slumpbuster go out and make your fortune, I wish you well.

Rob ;D

ALAN HAYNES

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2009, 03:26:20 pm »
I nave used hot for ten months now so far no cracking of glass

running costs £ 2   quid a day

would i go back to cold   NO WAY

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2009, 03:38:42 pm »
Don't be like that m-clean, i was  trying to help you.You put forward a good argument, but that's all it was. I wasn't trying to be antagonistic, merely robust.Don't let me spoil your day or involvement in the forum.

My first employee starts tomorrow so i am a bit full of myself, but the fact is we are all equal on here and i should respect your right to an opinion a bit more.

regards Clive

Rob_Mac

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2009, 04:14:32 pm »
Thermal shock is the name given to cracking as a result of rapid temperature change. Glass and ceramic objects are particularly vulnerable to this form of failure, due to their low toughness, low thermal conductivity, and high thermal expansion coefficients. However, they are used in many high temperature applications due to their high melting point.

Thermal shock occurs when a thermal gradient causes different parts of an object to expand by different amounts. This differential expansion can be understood in terms of stress or of strain, equivalently. At some point, this stress overcomes the strength of the material, causing a crack to form. If nothing stops this crack from propagating through the material, it will cause the object's structure to fail.

Not my words but from Wikipedia.

NWH I think you have been lucky

Slumpbuster is this your website www.villagegleam.co.uk

Rob ;D

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2009, 04:16:42 pm »
yes, what do you mean?

NWH

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2009, 04:26:14 pm »
Not lucky careful,i don`t scrub and scrub like others do it`s not needed with hotwater,if you keep the hot water in the same area for long periods of time it will crack the glass.I don`t leave the brush in the same spot for long lol. ;D

john tomkins

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2009, 04:42:48 pm »
the broken windows were down to not been
fitted correctly the packing spacers were too tight
You are talking about upvc windows, it thats the case why don't wooden windows that have glass fitted with panel pins and putty crack, these sort have got no movement whatsoever for the glass and if your theory is correct then every one should crack ???

darragh windows

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2009, 05:01:52 pm »
thinking back to traditional on a hot summers when you soaped a window with cold water and  bladed it off warm, so whats the difference putting cold water on hot glass as suppose to hot water on cold glass?  ???
jamie

NWH

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2009, 05:05:09 pm »
Exactly take a hot plate out of the oven and stand it on a cold surface and see what happens.

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2009, 05:42:44 pm »
Plates pegged to a washing line and scrubbed with a hot wfp come up better than hand or dishwasher standard. This is a handy add on if you txt the custys to leave them out.

Avoid windy days, and use strong pegs.

« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2009, 06:41:49 pm »
How can you guys spend £3000 on a hot system and thousands more on an Ionics system then tell us "it's paid for itself in the first day etc" then quibble over the price of a yellow top battery?

Makes me laugh  ;D ;D ;D ;D ::)

How can 15 degrees be classed as a 'hot' system? I could pee warmer than that!
You guys are nuts!

PMSL :)