This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

monkeyman

elbow and wrist pain
« on: May 17, 2009, 04:37:47 pm »
anyone else get this a lot since going wfp,i seem to have it all the time.
think it may have a lot to do with rinsing off the glass on first and second story windows and having all the pressure on elbows and wrist,anyone rinse on glass?

Robin Ray

Re: elbow and wrist pain
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 04:42:31 pm »
do you rinse with the brush on the glass or off.

Mr Formby

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 04:43:46 pm »
I saw elbow at Mancheste Apollo , only kidding ( I did see them though )
I have found that I get more kneck sholder  problems

Window Washers

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 04:55:37 pm »
anyone else get this a lot since going wfp,i seem to have it all the time.
think it may have a lot to do with rinsing off the glass on first and second story windows and having all the pressure on elbows and wrist,anyone rinse on glass?
you will get used to it if you are holding the pole right, do you use your arms more than your body, because if you are that is a mistake, I rock with pole instead of using just arms it helps a great deal.

\we rinse off on most jobs and do not get this problem, you could just have weak wrist, but sounds like error in use.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Tosh

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 05:09:16 pm »
What pole do you use?  I use an extremely light DIY fishing pole jobbie and have no problems now.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 05:11:31 pm »
I have got two muscles in my back that are on fire at the end of a long day. My spine isn't 100% straight though, which has repercussions on all my muscles unfortunately. It's the side to side motion that is the worst for those muscles.

As for your elbow and wrist pain, it could have to do with not rinsing on, rinsing off isn't good for your body whatsoever. The load is about 3x more, at least it feels like that.

Pj

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 05:16:37 pm »
These days I'm only in pain mostly everywhere!

Robin Ray

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2009, 05:27:29 pm »
do you rinse with the brush on the glass or off.
???

Sorry i dint read your post properly.

I rinse on the glass 90% of the time its alot eaisier and have found it gives a better rinse most of the time.

Window Washers

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2009, 05:28:27 pm »
I have got two muscles in my back that are on fire at the end of a long day. My spine isn't 100% straight though, which has repercussions on all my muscles unfortunately. It's the side to side motion that is the worst for those muscles.

As for your elbow and wrist pain, it could have to do with not rinsing on, rinsing off isn't good for your body whatsoever. The load is about 3x more, at least it feels like that.
I know how you feel on that, I was brinking on being in bed for the rest of my life aged 31 at the time with no movement from the neck down so the back pain and action of using wfp was totally in my mind, trying to use only your arms puts pressure everywhere wrists, elbows and back more so in the middle of back (my problem area) using your body to work helps a great deal, cleaning on the glass is good for some jobs bad for others, catch 22, I would use your body to your advantage and take pressure to a degree off your arms. also try changing the way you are holding the pole in the first place as this does affect you, also maybe change this way during the day if you are still feeling pain. Most rsi is caused by human error in the method used...

Ian

If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

big J

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2009, 05:56:21 pm »
pardon my ingnorance but what is the difference between rinsing on or off the glass? :-\
modern day methods ......tradtional values

jouk45

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2009, 06:04:58 pm »
i had the same problem with my left wrist, it is caused by working verticaly reaching deep over garages to clean the windows, the wrist is taken all the weight, this was using a 17ft xtel glassfibre pole, i have started to use my harris for this now, even though my wrist is 95% better i still wear the wrist band

Window Washers

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2009, 06:05:37 pm »
pardon my ingnorance but what is the difference between rinsing on or off the glass? :-\
rinsing off is holding the brush away from the glass when rinsing the window, rinsing on is rinsing the window with the brush on the glass

ccmids

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2009, 06:39:48 pm »
whats the best way to rins on or off ???

Window Washers

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2009, 06:45:10 pm »
on can be quicker, off can be better, it is user preference tbh, I rinse on some off on others

ccmids

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2009, 06:47:17 pm »
thanks for that ill give it a go .

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2009, 06:48:02 pm »

Rinsing on, min flowrate of 1.7 to 2lpm, monofilament brush (non flocked)

Window Washers

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2009, 06:51:19 pm »

1.7/2lp min, you must be on a job alot longer than me fella

tomy jackson

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2009, 06:52:02 pm »
per haps your to stif and holding to tiyt and pushing to hard on glass

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2009, 10:19:59 pm »

1.7/2lp min, you must be on a job alot longer than me fella

Not really, I'm very quick actually. 2lpm I find close to perfect, even on very dirty first cleans. Most people use a flowrate around that figure.

Mind you, I've measured it after the initial higher pressure when opening the valve.

How much is yours?

macmac

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2009, 10:22:29 pm »
You may have tennis elbow, many wfp'ers suffer from it. I've had it 6 months now & it's only just getting a wee bit better. The pain can go down to your wrist too.

On the "top" of your elbow joint (not the big ball on the outer), if you press hard with your fingers around it & you feel pain then it could well be t/elbow.

Failing that, you may just have man-flu! ;)