Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

LWC

Crap Microbore
« on: May 17, 2009, 08:45:08 am »
I bought 2 reels of 8mm about 6 months ago, its splitting everywhere and the inner has seperated from the outer yellow sleeve and is bulging like mad when i un plug the pole.

I bought a 50m reel of air hose from local pneumatics place about 3 years ago when i started and its still going strong and was only about £30, i think the 100m is £50 and you can have it in any colour. I know what im going with next time!!!

Re: Crap Microbore
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 08:49:42 am »
I reckon it must have been a bad batch or something.I have had my microbore for over 2 years and no problems at all.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 12:02:14 pm »
Whats the inner and outer diameter of the air hose and what is the finish like on the outside smooth or rubbery.  Have seen airline used but it was rubbery and didn't go around corners well.

Simon.

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 12:31:28 pm »
I bought 2 reels of 8mm about 6 months ago, its splitting everywhere and the inner has seperated from the outer yellow sleeve and is bulging like mad when i un plug the pole.

I bought a 50m reel of air hose from local pneumatics place about 3 years ago when i started and its still going strong and was only about £30, i think the 100m is £50 and you can have it in any colour. I know what im going with next time!!!

I've tried two types of microbore myself.  Thew first one had a very thin inner core and after a few months it kept pinholing.  I still have 70 metres of it on a reel for emergency backup (I kept cutting bits off beyond the most recent pinhole.  The next one I tried was much better.  It has a very thick inner core and I've had it over a year with no issues.  Check with your supplier first as to which type it is.  Both of mine came from the same supplier so I guess they must have had complaints about the first type and substituted it with the second type.

LWC

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 12:38:35 pm »
Wont be going back to this supplier, mention no names.

The inner of the air hose is 6mm, not sure of the outer, but its not rubbery like you say, its smooth and had never split or bulged.

dai

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 01:16:09 pm »
Do you use a Varistream? A Varistream with the pump pressure switch disabled can pressurise to 130psi if you turn the cut off to maximum. This is a hell of a lot of pressure that can cause bulging and connector problems.
Even brand new micro bore will swell a certain amount, I filled a close faced Hozelock  reel with new micro bore, and I blew the front of the reel off the first time I used it

Window Washers

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 03:29:41 pm »
I got 2 reels and hose from purefreedom and they work hard and are still working now lwc since I started, I have about 5 reels in total sat doing nothing with 6mm (I prefer 8mm as flow seems better)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Londoner

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2009, 03:37:07 pm »
I bought mine from Varitech three years ago. It is made by Nobleair. I though it was a bit of a rip off at the time but three years on its still as good as new so I was wrong to be so judgemental.

I have every reason to believe it will last at least another three years and this hose is worked very hard every day.

Buy the best and it works out cheaper in the end.

Window Washers

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2009, 03:45:14 pm »
I bought mine from Varitech three years ago. It is made by Nobleair. I though it was a bit of a rip off at the time but three years on its still as good as new so I was wrong to be so judgemental.

I have every reason to believe it will last at least another three years and this hose is worked very hard every day.

Buy the best and it works out cheaper in the end.
this can be true on many things, just do you homework before hand would be my suggestion or you can end up costing yourself money.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2009, 04:20:00 pm »
Bought mine from Gardiners, still going strong after 10 months. :)

LWC

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2009, 07:50:49 pm »
It wasnt cheap ...  ::)

mark dew

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2009, 07:53:45 pm »
Bought mine from Gardiners, still going strong after 10 months. :)

same here and 3 years later no problems.

LWC

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2009, 12:26:10 pm »
I take it back, i have a real in the old van that has a streamline microbore, that HAS been brillaint, id forgotten about that, had that years, but this new stuff is absolute toss, not got a bradning on it, cheap crap and same price i paid for the streamline stuff.