Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Alex Gardiner

Re: SL brush v hot water??
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2009, 01:48:11 pm »
im hoping that the SL is going to work out it is light but on fisrt impressoins the Tucker has more
scrubbing middle sections that seem quite a lot stiffer bristles, the out side ones are softer where as the SL brush
seems to have the same bristles all over just shorter in the smaller middle section ? Alex would be the one to answer
this question ?

The only real test is to use it.  I personally rate this new dual trim as the best monofilament we have produced so far.  It will be interesting to see how you get on with it, especially with hot water.

Window Washers

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2009, 02:51:40 pm »
im hoping that the SL is going to work out it is light but on fisrt impressoins the Tucker has more
scrubbing middle sections that seem quite a lot stiffer bristles, the out side ones are softer where as the SL brush
seems to have the same bristles all over just shorter in the smaller middle section ? Alex would be the one to answer
this question ?

The only real test is to use it.  I personally rate this new dual trim as the best monofilament we have produced so far.  It will be interesting to see how you get on with it, especially with hot water.
I have to say the duel trim flocked is far better than the first superlite brushes you had with mono, so far I am well please with it.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2009, 03:06:19 pm »
this question ?

I have to say the duel trim flocked is far better than the first superlite brushes you had with mono, so far I am well please with it.

I also find the flocked version to be my favourite, but for those who like rinsing on this new one is very close in its ability.

edd

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2009, 03:10:53 pm »
can not wait to try it but dam well raining to much lol hoping it clear up a bit

tomy jackson

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2009, 06:42:29 pm »
is the tuker so heavey be cors of the aly bit on the back ??????????

Window Washers

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2009, 06:49:16 pm »
this question ?

I also find the flocked version to be my favourite, but for those who like rinsing on this new one is very close in its ability.
i rinsed on with the flocked duel trim on a large job, no problmes at all thank god, I thought better to test on a large job than a little one  ;D
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2009, 08:24:56 pm »
is the tuker so heavey be cors of the aly bit on the back ??????????

Took it off mine,.. still V heavy. :(

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2009, 10:18:08 pm »
Must be the bristles then? The stock itself doesn't seem very heavy? Heck from the pictures it looks thinner then the SL!

Or does it hold a lot of water?

edd

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2009, 10:37:09 pm »
im sorry can not see this weight prob the tucker is perfect in all ways except price
that why  i was looking for something cheaper as we need 6 brushes that's why i want too try the SL

the Tucker is so good that we use it up and down and NEVER had a problem unlike most brushes for spotting or not getting in corners if you now what i mean but weight is not a problem at all maybe im hard lol after all im 6 feet and 16 stone

I just want the SL to work with hot and last that's all

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2009, 11:28:09 pm »
I'm interested to know what you think of the two brushes, especially how much lighter the brush will be. Going to work tomorrow and trying them out?

edd

« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2009, 04:45:55 pm »
so far im impressed with the SL although it doe's feel like a....... dare I say it ( toy )
brush from a child's toy box!! sorry but it is so light ,.....it did get some snail trails
off without any effort so time will tell if it will last I will do some pics when it stops raining but overall this could be the one!!

Its light and takes the effort out of some jobs like  over con roofs where you have
to lean the pole over and with a Vikan brush on this can be painful but is much
easier with SL

NWH

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2009, 04:49:05 pm »
I had the toy thought when i first saw it but that soon went after seeing how light it was and how well it cleans,other brushes look huge now when i see 1.

edd

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2009, 09:41:18 pm »
ok nearly a week later and im impressed I'll do some pics on SAT  to show progress lol

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2009, 09:54:16 pm »
I'm thinking about copying you edd, i've got one but never used it. You are right about over cons etc, this is the main reason i buy a new 17'xtel every 3mths because i overextend and fracture a section.

I had a bad experience with a bentley once, but if this guy is to go on improving and taking imput from people like you then why shouldn't it become the standard.

It would be a nice gesture if fleet terms were available.(four brushes and over)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2009, 09:57:16 pm »
I'm thinking about copying you edd, i've got one but never used it. You are right about over cons etc, this is the main reason i buy a new 17'xtel every 3mths because i overextend and fracture a section.

I had a bad experience with a bentley once, but if this guy is to go on improving and taking imput from people like you then why shouldn't it become the standard.

It would be a nice gesture if fleet terms were available.(four brushes and over)

How about a free pen.............

mark dew

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2009, 10:00:59 pm »
The gardiners mark1 supalite brush was a bentley but the new one is like getting off a moped and onto a harley.

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2009, 10:48:47 pm »
My friend bought a harley in his fifties, he's not a big chap.When he pulled into his local service station for some petrol for his new purchase he had the helmet and the three hundred pound leather jacket that says harley davidson on the back.Unfortunatley, what he did not have was the leg strenght to support his bike once it was stationary and it keeled over with him sitting on it becuase he had had no idea how heavy it was.

So, like getting off a moped and onto a harley was probably not the best of analogies for a supalite, but that's not to say that crawling per se is a bad strategy and has obviously stood you in good stead thus far.

dudek

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2009, 10:46:16 pm »
my bro was well chuffed with the weight and performance of the sl brush but we are frightend to turn the hot water on we dont want to ruin it.

tomy jackson

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2009, 11:00:20 pm »
now wer torking freee pensssssssssss 8) 8) 8) 8)

edd

« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2009, 12:32:32 am »
the tests cont.............