Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kevin James

Rain.....it just goes to show...
« on: May 15, 2009, 05:49:47 am »
Starts raining around 3:30 pm, light to medium, enough to get really wet, and I'm carrying on whenthe quads followed to next house. I park & chappie waves me over as he dontvwant to get wet. " am I a window cleaner, would I clean a small block if flats in my hometown & similar in town 6 miles away?@
Then next door (3 storeys) comes out and nearly hugs me cos she normally works & can't get a 3 storey cleaner!
All this with water dripping off all over me.
You never can tell. Up & at 'em, boys.

Kevin

peter holley

Re: Rain.....it just goes to show...
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 07:31:11 am »
yes... i always work in the wet....i only stop when it gets really heavy..... ;)

Milltown Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 02:11:35 pm »
true ture, yestearday i cleaned a womans conservatory in the rain, she was pleased enough. Her daughter wanted her windows cleaned, so i popped over (in the rain!!) and cleaned and she was happy too. Knocked the rest of the estate and no one mentioned anything about the rain!!

having said that its raining now and im sceptical about canvassing in it!

GWCS

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 03:10:09 pm »
If they are desperate enough, they will have the job done whenever - especially since you are on time and reliable even in the rain - they respect that!

Its when money is tight and they are looking for an excuse not to have it done they come up with rain issues  ::)

Even one of my customer says the rain helps keep the windows clean from dust - she knows her stuff!

JandS

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 06:49:41 pm »
Cleaning in the rain??
Then when the rain dries the windows are dirty again.
Don't come round here.

Jo
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Window Washers

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 07:05:35 pm »
Cleaning in the rain??
Don't come round here.

Jo
so what happens when you clean them and it rains later that day, would you go and give them the money back ?
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

ftp

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 07:11:56 pm »
I turned up for two decent houses today in the pouring rain - we just had a laugh about it and agreed it might be best to do it another time.

martinsadie

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 07:16:38 pm »
i read 100 pages of Bryan Robsons book today while it rained and cleaned while it was fine  ;D ;D

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 07:18:46 pm »
Cant be much more than a 100 pages in it surely, mostly pictures too I'd have thought  ;D

Probably sells well in Japan ;D

peter holley

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2009, 07:20:09 pm »
i worked through the bad weather today  :) had a good one and guess what even though it rained , i would bet my house the windows will still be clean now the rains gone ....was it worth it? ... well my wallet says yes ;D

ftp

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2009, 07:25:10 pm »
We had the kind of rain that pops the manhole covers today. Cleaning windows just wasn't on really. Could have saved a load of pure water and just waggled the brush on the glass I suppose.  ::)

martinsadie

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2009, 07:31:11 pm »
Cant be much more than a 100 pages in it surely, mostly pictures too I'd have thought  ;D

Probably sells well in Japan ;D

up to now just 4 pages of pictures,and only up to 1984-85 season ,not a riviting read but only paid £2  ;D ;D

Window Cleaning Services

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2009, 08:34:50 pm »
Cleaning in the rain??
Don't come round here.

Jo
Where does your rain come from to be that dirty on one rainfall?

JandS

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2009, 05:56:29 pm »
You never looked at your windows after it as rained, especially with a wind blowing.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.