Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

[GQC] Tim

Explaining wfp briefly to new customer, easy.
« on: May 14, 2009, 10:38:18 pm »
I think sometimes we over use words, like pure water and water fed poles etc etc, going into too much detail of the system. Often this leaves the customer a bit puzzled I find.

When people ask me when walking by, or briefly explaining it to a new customer, this is what I say, and almost everyone immediately understands.

"What it basically is, we clean the windows with purified water, and because the water is so pure, it dries up without leaving any spots".

Usually I quickly show them how it works, and they understand it. You can add whatever you want after that, like ladders are restricted now due to health and safety requirements or whatever. But that's basically it. When I knock for payment, I give them an explanation letter, and say that "this letter goes into slightly more detail on the system, I think you will find it interesting."

I find that they use the exact same words explaining it to their friends and family, "yes he cleans it with purified water so it doesn't leave any spots!" and the friend/family member/aquintance understands as well.

This is basically the letter that I give them, standard letter that has been posted on here before, but slightly simplified. When I switched over, I sent every customer this letter, and did not have any problems switching over.

Dear Customer,

Your windows will be cleaned using a method, that is now the industry standard. This method involves the use of water fed telescopic poles and 100% pure water, which we obtain by sending tap water through a series of complex filters to purify it to the highest degree.

We are using this technology for a number of reasons.

Health and safety

Legislation limits the use of ladders as temporary workstations. The law now states that ladders can only be used when all viable alternatives have been considered, and water fed pole systems are seen as a safer viable alternative.
This way we can do the job to a high standard whilst standing on the ground.

Better cleaning results

The major advantage of the water fed pole system is that only pure water is used, with zero impurities in the water, eliminating the need for detergents and chemicals. As your windows will be brushed clean your frames will be cleaned at the same time.

This process involves brushing your windows clean then rinsed off with pure water. As such they will be left wet and will need some time to dry naturally. Because we use pure water, the windows dry spotless.

We can clean all aspects of your property.

Frames, Conservatory Roofs, UPVC, Panelling, Canopies, Guttering, Fascias, Garage Doors etc. 

Yours Thankfully,

EZclean

Re: Explaining wfp briefly to new customer, easy.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 11:55:31 pm »
"What it basically is, we clean the windows with purified water, and because the water is so pure, it dries up without leaving any spots".

not simple enough for my customers  ;D
EZclean - Cleaner Than Water

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 11:58:34 pm »

not simple enough for my customers  ;D
Must be up north then  :D
Sussex by the sea

geefree

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 12:02:21 am »
i simply say, for example ,tap water has dirt in it , try hose your windows with normal water... leaves them dirty.? yes?....

we remove all the dirt using filters , hence the water dries clear.

pure water.

customer..... " ah yes i see"

;)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 08:02:45 am »
Excellent,Tim. I would just add this bit in red:- (cuz you're eco-friendly and carbon footprint aware!)

This is basically the letter that I give them, standard letter that has been posted on here before, but slightly simplified. When I switched over, I sent every customer this letter, and did not have any problems switching over.

Dear Customer,

Your windows will be cleaned using a method, that is now the industry standard. This method involves the use of water fed telescopic poles and 100% pure water, which we obtain by sending rain water collected from our roofs or when necessary tap water through a series of complex filters to purify it to the highest degree.

Yours Thankfully,

It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 08:55:16 am »
As something of a waffler this is good point, not just about this but in general.Being able to summarise breifly is a brilliant gift.It helps to clarify our thoughts and ideas as well as those of others.Often if you can't summarise it that's because you didn't have an idea in the first place-Or possibly as in this case don't understand it yourself.

I am always trying to clarify and redefine what i do.It's so easy to get distracted with things like drive,gutter,inside ,cleans and suddenly find you are chasing £15ph work.Anyway that's me off waffleing again...

jouk45

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 09:10:18 am »
and after explaining all that, you jump in the van, as your about to leave, you see the custy running waving there hands franticly at you to stop, and you say can i help, and the custy says yea, are you not going to dry my windows off  ;D and you have just wasted 10 mins explaining it all before hand, lol

p1w1

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 10:14:35 am »
Lol so true

lee_dewing

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 06:11:57 pm »
or you go through all the explanations,  purified water etc

then the custy says if you ever need water, there's a tap in the garden ::)
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 06:22:24 pm »
I have this in addition
BETTER CLEANING RESULTS -- The major advantage of pure water is that it absorbs large amounts of dirt from your windows. The process involves brushing your windows clean with pure water. As such, they will be left wet and will need time to dry naturally. This may be a little disconcerting at first, as obviously this is not what most customers are used to. However, once dry your windows WILL be clean and smear free. In addition the window frames will also be cleaned more thoroughly and on every visit.

It doesnt stop some numpties from missing the point, but at least I know theyve been given their chance to have it explained.

If they offer the use of their outside tap after that I always feel fully justified in popping them one on the hooter.

GWCS

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 06:54:57 pm »
"Its Magic Water, that cleans better than the old way ever did" :P

I get a few chuckles from that.. if they really want to know they can ask me. Most dont care how you clean, so long as they are clean when your done.

weetot

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2009, 09:17:58 pm »
After explaining the pure water facts, 2 out 10 custies.."EEEEHHHH ya can't leave me windies like that, are'nt you going to dry them"

Is it me or are the wheels are comin off.
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

weetot

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2009, 08:30:40 pm »
 ;D
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

Spruce

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2009, 10:29:10 pm »

I get a few chuckles from that.. if they really want to know they can ask me. Most dont care how you clean, so long as they are clean when your done.

Got tired of telling customers all about pure water and the process used to obtain it. Now I love telling them its magic water - only once did I then get asked "Yes, but what do you put in it?" Answer, "its not what's in it but rather what's not in it"  ;D ;D

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2009, 10:49:40 pm »

Got tired of telling customers all about pure water and the process used to obtain it. Now I love telling them its magic water - only once did I then get asked "Yes, but what do you put in it?" Answer, "its not what's in it but rather what's not in it"  ;D ;D

That's a really good one!