Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

airways

What is the cheapest factory fitted HOT WFP system?
« on: May 14, 2009, 10:25:15 pm »
Hi all,

I am putting a few vans on the road and I was going to get Pure Freedom to fit the WFP systems for me as they seem to be the best value available at the moment. But before I do this I want to find out how much the cheapest HOT factory fitted WFP system is. If the price difference isnt to much I would consider fitting the hot system.

Thanks in advance

Sapphire Window Cleaning

Re: What is the cheapest factory fitted HOT WFP system?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 02:05:00 am »
You will be looking at anything from £1500-£4000 to have the water heater fitted.
The cheapest water heater I could find was £2,200 but I have been told you can get the heaters for as little as £1500.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

Mr H

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 07:31:35 am »
Cheepest "factory" fitted I have found is Varitech at £2200 + vat and remember that price is JUST for the heater you have the cost of the wfp system on top but the heaters can be retro-fitted to any system.

Regards
Mr H

Steve CM

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 07:34:46 am »
the cheapest most professional way i found is the pure freedom with a varitech box on. that would bring it in at around 4k + vat

niceandclean

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 11:37:31 am »
I had a 800 litre 2 man hot system installed by waterfed pole systems in Grantham. 

airways

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 06:37:46 pm »
Do Varitech have a website were you can look at their products? I am thinking of going for the pure freedom with the varitech box has anyone got this system fitted?

newclean

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 07:50:00 pm »
varitech are over the top with there prices.

newclean

airways

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 09:07:00 pm »
Who would recommend?

trevor perry

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 09:25:57 pm »
I had a 800 litre 2 man hot system installed by waterfed pole systems in Grantham. 
  how much did it cost if you dont mind me asking
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

drwindows

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 10:45:56 pm »
I have a hot water system, but it was all built in.

Cheepest "factory" fitted I have found is Varitech at £2200 + vat and remember that price is JUST for the heater you have the cost of the wfp system on top but the heaters can be retro-fitted to any system.

Regards
Mr H

Well thats not true is it, because ionics "hotbox" is only £2100 and they'll fit it for you.  If I was buying hot water again, I know what I'd do, however its nice to have it all built in.

NWH

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 10:56:15 pm »
The cheaper Ionic heater is not the 1 i`d go for it dosen`t heat the water as hot as the 1 with winter summer option,the 1 to go for is about 4k i think on there website.

ladders no more

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2009, 11:34:18 pm »
Hi Airways
If you are thinking of going to hot water have it instaled after as a add on, personaly I havent ever consided haveing hot water, did a bit of research and found that in cold weather hot water freezes quicker than cold water because its the steam that freezes as it is a vapour, in my opinion cold water does the job as good as hot water.

Pure Freedom are probily the best value for you money
well built and tidy and not a bulky system and easy and cheap to maintain
so if you were thinking getting your systems off them still do then get the hot add on but as in my opinion do you rearly need it

NWH

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2009, 11:40:04 pm »
Hi Airways
If you are thinking of going to hot water have it instaled after as a add on, personaly I havent ever consided haveing hot water, did a bit of research and found that in cold weather hot water freezes quicker than cold water because its the steam that freezes as it is a vapour, in my opinion cold water does the job as good as hot water.

so if you were thinking getting your systems off them still do then get the hot add on but as in my opinion do you rearly need it

I use hot water and your wrong in what your saying i`m afraid.

drwindows

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2009, 11:51:14 pm »

I second that.  No offense ladders-no-more but how can you comment if you've never used it?

ladders no more

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2009, 12:26:13 am »
Hi Airways

only going on what the scientists say,
 no I havent used it and because I have had no complants from customers, why spend a couple of thousends of pounds on some thing that make no differance to what I do ( quote ) in my opinion cold water does the job as good as hot water. which ( quote ) no complants from customers , Yes I keep hearing about hot water cleans better than cold but why,
If I have been mending my motor cycle and get oil on my hands cold water wont clean them ,
if I use hot water it wont clean them,
if i use washing up liquid with hot water nice and clean
why is this.
Glass gets dust, grit, oily car smoke ,  greasy bird muck,  if we all use PURE WATER to clean windows hot or cold why is there a differance,
the only way in my oppinion if ther is a detergent added to the hot water which disperses the grease off the glass
This is only my oppinion and dont want to causes an argument if some one wants hot they can its up to them at the moment I feel that cold water is working fine for me
please feel free to educate me how hot water is better than cold with out useing some form of detergent
so I may understand better if I am convinced I might have a add on to my PUREFREEDOM system
Many thanks

NWH

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2009, 12:38:58 am »
Hot water will out perform cold any day of the week,it is a lot quicker on all types of cleaning frequency ie monthly bi monthly etc.It will allow you to work on the coldest of days as if it were a summers day so no down time,well worth the money buy 1 and then you can tell me i`m right.

alanwilson

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2009, 01:45:29 am »
I really can't see the benefit of hot in normal weather.  I've had the Ionics demo = wasn't impressed.

oh and ladders no more is correct that hot water freezes quicker - its called the mpemba effect

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mpemba_effect

I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

easycleaner

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2009, 09:05:38 am »
We've all used cold water, some for years. The people who have spent a load of money on hot water systems swear by it. The people who make them say they are the best thing ever, but they still sell the cold water systems.
Question. If hot is better, buy how much? and once the windows are 'conditioned' using pure water they are dead easy to clean using cold water. Are they just best on first and builders cleans?
I have two cold water systems.
Mart.

drwindows

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2009, 09:50:25 am »
Hot water is like twitter.  And text messaging.  When I got my first mobile, I went on and on to mates how great it was with text messages, and they were like "whats the point of that?  You can just call them" Now all these years later who would get a phone without text messaging?

People don't really see the point of it until they try it, and then they wonder how they did without it.

(However I grant you that texting doesnt cost a couple of grand!  ha ha)

alanwilson

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2009, 08:19:43 pm »
yeah I understand where you are coming from but in all honesty - I can't go any quicker with the brush than what I do now, its all one pass and plenty of flow.

how is hot going to make that quicker?

I'm not doubting you, I just cannot see how I can be quicker.
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!