Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ben Peters

Upgrading pump on spare machine
« on: May 13, 2009, 03:26:10 pm »

Hi all,

I have an Alltec Pro Plus back up machine which operates at 100psi and was wondering would i be able to upgrade to say a 200psi pump handy enough?

I have a commerical job and need the two machines going at once and really need more power from the Pro Plus.

Any help appreicated.

Simon@arenaclean

Re: Upgrading pump on spare machine
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 03:38:44 pm »
Alltec sell an 200psi Advance, give them a call as far as I know they are the same vacs so recovery should be ok. You could trade it in and get the triple vac ;D

Simon

Ben Peters

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 03:41:39 pm »

Yeah will give them a call to see cheers....I havent had much experience changing pumps is it a straight forward job or will it need to be done by dealer?

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 04:04:13 pm »
That largly depends on your mechanical skills.... I changed to a 135psi from a 100psi pump on my Exel which was a doddle. Take pictures before you start stripping the old pump outif you're in anyway unsure but it really should be quite straight forward.

I have noticed a vast improvement with only a jump of 35psi and can't wait to upgrade to a triple vac with all that extra psi.

JandS

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 04:12:34 pm »
Colin

Where's best place to order pumps from??

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

JS2

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 08:38:57 pm »
Colin

I thought the diaphragm pump in the XL was actually 135 psi although quoted at a generous 100 psi.  I remember having a chat about psi with Extracta some time back.  I suppose I could be wrong, but I'm suprised to hear it makes such a difference.

Regards

Pete (JS2)

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 09:01:46 pm »
Colin

I thought the diaphragm pump in the XL was actually 135 psi although quoted at a generous 100 psi.  I remember having a chat about psi with Extracta some time back.  I suppose I could be wrong, but I'm suprised to hear it makes such a difference.

Regards

Pete (JS2)

I wasn't sure they'd be much difference to be honest, but I was finding that I had to manoeuvre the "Scrubba" so slowly to ensure I was putting enough rinse down. The difference was above expectation.... I'm a bit confused as to why the pump I took out of my exel had 100psi written on it if it is claimed that it's actually pushing 135psi..... ? I'd question that!

Darren O

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 09:48:31 pm »
The pump in my Powermax says 80psi on it yet according to Prochem its a 120psi.

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2009, 11:04:31 pm »
The pump in my Powermax says 80psi on it yet according to Prochem its a 120psi.

??? What's going on? I must say that on the guage I'm only getting a reading of 100psi with the 135psi pump and was getting less with the 100psi! I wonder if I got my guage calibrated and ran my own test I'd get a shock :o

Darren O

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2009, 11:34:13 pm »
I think its something to do with a preasure switch on the pumps think that they are set at 80psi but if you remove the preasure switch they run at 120psi i was told something like that anyway to me its sounds a bit of a con.

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2009, 05:35:34 pm »
DO NOT remove a pressure switch. You'll damage a pump if it does not have a by pass facility.

Many of the pumps can re-camed to give different psi ratings. My Alltec pro Plus had a 135psi pump, but Alltec re camed it themselves to give a more reliable 100psi pump.

I believe that the same can be done with some Pump Tec pumps too, but you may also need to change other components eg. the spring in the pressure regulator to name but one.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
The Ken

Safe and happy cleaning :)
The Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2009, 10:19:37 pm »
Thanks for that advice Ken, you've probably saved me a fortune!!!