Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Glynn

Sunny Day Out
« on: April 18, 2005, 10:12:20 pm »
This year for our annual Sunny day out we are looking at a Monday in June, date to be confirmed but it will be towards the end of the month. The venue will be Goodyear’s Social Club, Wolverhampton who have kindly agreed to provide tea and coffee on arrival and for those of you who get hungry they have a wide selection of bar meals available. For those of you travelling down on the Sunday for the get together we are hoping to arrange rooms at a nearby travel inn at a reduced cost.
At the time of typing we have an all star line up namely,Richie, Glyn, Lee, Barry, Mick, Sheffield Shaun, Stevie Knight plus others yet to confirm.
Exhibiting at the show will be….. Mr John Gotts of Hydramaster, who has kindly agreed to 20% off all chemicals purchased at the show.
Demonstrating at the show this year we have Mr Glyn Waterworth with his green glydes, Sheffield Shaun will be demonstrating the drymaster RX20 and hopefully if all goes well I will be showing the new and improved RX20 star!!
And finally Richie will be showing us all how to clean fixed seating at break neck speed.
For those of you who would like to join us please let myself or Dave Ingram know.
Regards
Glynn

Mike Halliday

Re: Sunny Day Out
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 07:17:41 am »
Glynn is Richie gong to use his carpet wand and stand on the seating as he normally does :o :o.

Ken don't you live near this venue, you should pop along I have'nt seen you for ages and I'm missing your smiling happy face :)

and we should have a auction, I've got a homemade diesel T/M for sale which would be perfect for any Bane users who are looking for extra power

MIke
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

stevegunn

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005, 07:46:26 am »
How further South could you arrange it for Wolverhampton ::)

Glynn

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 09:59:20 pm »

I can now confirm that this years Sunny Day Out will be held on Monday June the 27th at the Pavillion sports and social club in the grounds of Goodyears tyer company.
They have indicated that there will be a substantial buffet laid on at lunch time at a cost of £4.50 per person all except Mick Halliday and he'll be paying £9.00. cus the last time I had lunch with him he eat every one elses. 

I am still waiting to recieve notification from the local hotels and as soon as I hear I'll let those of you wishing to stay on Sunday night for the group P*** up know.
Over the next couple of weeks I'll be posting the directions to the event and asking for a head count so I can let them know how many to cater for.
Regards
Glynn

Glynn

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2005, 03:08:42 pm »
Sorry to mess you guy’s about I didn’t realise that the Sunny day out clashed with the Southern Ireland cleaning show, so to give everyone a chance to attend I thought it best to move it on to Monday July 11th.
The itinery is as follows:-
The event will be held at Goodyear’s social club on the Stafford road in Wolverhampton at 9 am prompt. So far the exhibitors attending will be Mr John Gotts of Hydramaster UK, Mr Paul Robinson of Prochem Europe, Mr Jon Brierley of Textile Cleaning Solutions Ltd (Texatherm).
There will be tea/coffee and biscuits provided on your arrival free of charge, lunch is laid on in the form of a buffet and will cost £5.00 per head (payable on arrival)
A selection of Rolls & Sandwiches
(to include:- Roast Beef, York Ham, Turkey, Cheddar Cheese,
Tuna Mayonnaise, Egg Mayonnaise)
Hot ‘N’ Crispy Sausage Rolls
Assorted Crispy Pizza Slices
Breaded Chicken Fillets & Barbecue Dip
Breaded Mushrooms & Garlic Dip
Mini Scotch Eggs
French Fries.
For the men among you who are attending the main event of this get together by popular request my wife, bless her, has managed to secure accommodation at the Park Hall Hotel on Goldthorn Park where they have a bar that stay’s open till late (providing no one upsets the staff and it closes early!!) at a bargain price of £40 per twin room with bed and breakfast.
I have provisionally booked 15 rooms, so those of you wishing to attend the main event of the evening can you please telephone the hotel on Wolverhampton 01902 349500 and make your reservation stating that you are part of the David Ingram party at the rate quoted above.
I cannot emphasis how important it is that you all let me know who is attending so I can let the catering staff know at Goodyear’s how many to cater for.
Either e-mail me through this forum or telephone me on 07779 668313 no later than 4th July.
Regards
Glynn

Mike Halliday

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2005, 09:56:43 pm »
Glynn I was talking to hamad from trade print werehouse about the sunny day out and he expressed an interest in coming, he was hoping to set up a small display of carpet cleaning leaflets, reminder card, quotation sheets etc and he said he'll give a discount for orders taken on the day ;)

Mike

Cloverleaf

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2005, 01:10:47 am »
Mike I'm sure there will be much interest if Hamad were to come, although I dont use leaflet drops myself I have recieved samples from them and they are 1st class.

I'm supprised that there are not more companies involved e.g
Prochem, Chemspec etc as I am sure some visitors will be in the market for an upgrade or looking for chemicals and equipment.

The last SDO that I attended in Preston was very worthwhile and I can recomend anyone that needs info or an informal chat with other carpet cleaners should attend.

John

Glynn

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2005, 08:29:18 am »
Hydramaster,prochem etc ARE coming as to chemspec I dont know.
Tradeprint are more than welcome.

I do know that Dave Ingram NEEDS to know how many are coming and how many want the accomodation.
Regards
Glynn

Glynn

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2005, 11:55:09 pm »
We still NEED to know how many people want to eat at the buffet (£5 each)
And who has booked rooms ?
Regards
Glynn

clive

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2005, 07:24:45 am »
I`ll be coming the night before for drinks!

Clive

dave401uk

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2005, 04:03:56 pm »
Ok ill be there, and all being well so will the loverly Susan!

Dave
Its never a pass of the wand,just a master stroke.

williamx

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2005, 09:53:56 pm »
Is Nick from solutions coming with the Ecilpse

rob_s

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2005, 10:03:23 pm »
Is the sunny day out still on as I would like to go.

Regards rob-s

Mike Halliday

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2005, 08:59:14 pm »
2 weeks today at this time we will be sat in the bar drinking beer and singing dirty carpet cleaning songs 8) 8)

tomorrow we'll all be bragging about how much we earn & how fast we can clean nightclubs ;)

don't miss out, be there or be left behind in the fast world of carpet cleaners!

MIke

John_Flynn

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2005, 09:32:16 pm »
What odds are you laying for the Barry Knuckley v Steve Knight fight Mike ??
I get better looking each day!!

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2005, 09:40:34 pm »
what time is everyone going on the Sunday?

Shaun

Mike Halliday

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2005, 09:59:37 pm »
I've  got to pick up his holyness the PTA Grand Wizard from the airport so we should get thier about 8.30- 9

Mike

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2005, 10:34:06 pm »
who???

Shaun

stevegunn

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2005, 08:52:25 pm »
I'm coming too i'll bring my eclipse if Nicks not going

mark_roberts

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2005, 09:17:11 pm »
Steve

What truckmount did you buy?

Now you have it and the eclipse, at what point do you feel the TM out performs the eclipse and how?

thanks
Mark