Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dennis

Re: Chem-dry
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2005, 09:09:35 am »
If Chem Dry are using Low Vac how do they get the carpets Dry so quick.

Same way as you and me, plenty of dry passes and air movers!

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2005, 09:16:56 am »
I will never feel Inferior to Chem Dry again in fact I am Superior

jasonl

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2005, 09:42:42 am »
They get the carpets dry as  the -according to them-  carbonating solution  has gas, hence less moisture in it,,,,, you are probably a better cleaner than CD  ......but you do not have 600plus vans or thier marketing skills, that is my point its not about the method, people want a brand they  know what they are getting from. My question is, can the little guy create that locally?
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

bennymon

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2005, 11:43:39 am »
hi folks i have a chemdry franchise altho im not particularly happy about the amount of cash they milk out of me every month :'( the cleaning system has been good  and the carpets come up brilliant :) my problem is finding the work i advertise everywhere but a lot of it seems to be throwing money away exept the yellow pages.

Dennis

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2005, 12:53:12 pm »
I will never feel Inferior to Chem Dry again in fact I am Superior

Are you coming to the seminar at Hugh Crane in Acle tomorrow?

If you are I'll tell you all the Chem-Dry secrets!  ;) ;D

I'll even let you touch a training manual if the price is right.  ;D

Everbrite

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2005, 02:09:29 pm »
Ok i understand the system now but do they all charge the same eg a 12 by 12 lounge carpet what do they charge???

Len Gribble

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2005, 08:56:50 pm »
fibre reviver

One-way to find out is call in two or three of there franchises for quotes!

Ian

Karcher may have been his spotting machine; I know some cc that use George as a spotting machine.

Jasonl

By your statement “they mix just before hitting the carpet, causing carbonation this system is used with either a standard wand or a modified RX20” on there RX picture can just make out two solution hoses, standard wand one hose? :o

I for one am very happy they are on board, who else would I recommend to a potential customer Mr ½ price!

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2005, 10:28:50 pm »
I think anyone who is not in the cleaning profession but is a good business builder is made for chemdry!

A good brand name, more or less simple system to use and more marketing you could shake a stick at, they've covered every eventuality!

But what happens to the personal touch when you or I personally clean our clients (who you know by name) carpets, Ok you can't duplicate yourself, well not yet, but the knowledge you posess from knowing how to deal with Mrs.Smiths randy poodle to getting an awkward stain from her best Royal Kashan puts you ahead of Chemdry in the 'long time' stakes where the larger companies may send different techs out on each occassion therefore not always forming a bond with the client.

Depends what you are wanting from your cleaning empire.

Shaun

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2005, 11:56:18 pm »
Dennis,

It appears I  never received an invitation,

Dereck did mention it at Milton Keynes and I did receive a mailing from them and faxed back interest in Hugh Crane about Xmas time.

But i have got caught up in the General Election so have been very much peoccupied. After three weeks knocking on doors and getting insults I am beginning to wonder why I bother.  You do meet a lot of nice people aswell.

Would have Like to come as I would have loved to have a chat.

jasonl

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2005, 08:10:45 am »
the 2 solution hoses DELIVER A and B and they mix just before hitting the carpet, the extraction machine is 6k plus vat !!!!!!!!!11
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

bennymon

« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2005, 01:04:20 pm »
hi  im a chemdry franchisee i work alone  so i am in peoples houses dealing with them the same as the rest of you . we use the karcher as a spotting machine   and the prices will be different  with each franchise .the cheapest ive herd of is £2.80 psm and the most expensive  £4.50 psm

Len Gribble

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2005, 07:01:34 pm »
Jasonl

Not having a go, have you a picture of this wand as don’t think can be standard.

Bennymon

Can you throw more light on the type of wand Jasonl is talking about? I know you can get signal, double, triple etc but the method explained where the two agents meet, has me confused!

Chemdry franchisee keep up, the good word!

As dell boys says Len won’t be a millionaire next year but will have a Coutts bank account if not that one with C Hoare & Co

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

bennymon

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2005, 06:04:00 pm »
the wand i use is standard  the cleaning agents mix as they hit the hose :)

Len Gribble

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2005, 07:14:09 pm »
Bennymon

So jasonl has got it wrong A and B don’t mix just before hitting the carpet. The machine you have got must have two solution tanks A and B, how dose the carbonation work through the jet/s work?

Len

Dennis

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2005, 07:35:57 pm »
Len

The A & B solutions were fed to the wand through 2 seperate hoses. Where the hoses joined the 2 quick connects at the wand there was a black plastic chamber where the 2 solutions mixed so by the time the hit the carpet the carbonating action was at it's optimum.

Make sense?

Len Gribble

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2005, 08:10:16 pm »
Dennis

Was confused before you have now confused me even more by the word WERE!

Think the only way to understand their HWE with carbonation is too get them out! I wonder who will be on candid camera, I have no doubt someone will distance them selves from him or her!

Len

Dennis

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2005, 08:27:03 pm »
Dennis

Was confused before you have now confused me even more by the word WERE!

Len

I only used were because that was how it was when I left, but I imagine it's still the same principle although some probably use the modified RX20. bet you are more confused now!  :o  ;)

Len Gribble

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2005, 09:13:34 pm »
Dennis

Very much so!  Keeping in one back pocket for a later date, not I need too!

Len

bennymon

« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2005, 01:17:39 pm »
                  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)chem-dry :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Don Atkinson

« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2005, 05:35:47 pm »
I used to hate it on the rare occation I was sent out to graft, I used to just wand everthing , then have a bath when I was done. 8)

don 8)