Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DanielWelford

ADVERTISING
« on: April 28, 2009, 04:16:33 pm »
Just after your experience of advertising.

I currently get most of my work form my website, refereals, existing contracts and a village mag. These consistently generate @ the same return every week.

However I have tried in the past to expand the business with little success. I just cant seem to repeat the same returns in other areas. I have tried leaflets; just done @ 20k and got 1 call! Was thinking about doing the free papers as get same sort of coverage for less outlay.

Anyone have success with these paers or are paid for papers a better bet.

Any advice/comments would appreciated.

Dan

Re: ADVERTISING
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 05:04:35 pm »
If the web works for you then why not do more on this front?

How many jobs a week do you get from the web then?

clinton

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 05:15:11 pm »
Dave same here with the paper full of price shoppers and they see and add for cleaning a suite here for 35 pounds so its really hard to get it up to the 100 mark even with a good sell.

DanielWelford

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 05:17:06 pm »
Hi Mike

12 last week. I am top for all search engines in the areas I want to operate.

Dan

clinton

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 05:20:42 pm »
Thats a good responce 12 :)

Is that all add words etc ???

DanielWelford

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 05:25:38 pm »
Hi Clinton

I spend £200 a month on adwords, but get @ £1k back.

Dan

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2009, 05:31:25 pm »
That's not bad at all. How often do you test site changes? You must have fair traffic and you can always improve conversion especially if you have stuck with the same pages.

Daniel, I think you are answering your own question.

DanielWelford

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2009, 05:37:33 pm »
Hi Mike

I am always checking keywords and using the google tools. I have not changed the pages for a long time so that may be an idea, thanks.

The main reason I want to increase my sales is that my brother needs a job, just been made redundant, and I want to do less cleaning but retain the same income. ;D

In short trying to finance a lazier life.

Dan

derek west

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2009, 05:39:16 pm »
thats an astonishing amount of work from one ad source, whats your secret?
and how far are your boundaries for that responce?
derek

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2009, 05:45:16 pm »
Daniel

Here's an idea. Take your best headlines from adwords and use them on your leaflets.  ;)

DanielWelford

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2009, 05:58:57 pm »
Hi Derek

Do you think so. Before the recession my monthly village mag was bringing in about the same if not a bit more, although I was paying £400 per month.

No secret, just make sure that I am the top of the list. I also spent a lot of money on a good website (my opinion).

I travel @ 30 miles in all directions.

Mike

I just copied a successful advert I was running, and that may be the problem. Wrong design!

Dan

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2009, 06:01:43 pm »
So lomg as it still hangs together just change the headline to your best performers on adwords and see what happens. Keep changing it till it gets no better, in fact do that with everything marketing.

derek west

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2009, 06:08:59 pm »
cheers for reply dan
its probably the 30 mile thats getting you good service, i only travel 15 for standard jobs as i don't find any further cost effective in the traffic congested day and age. takes me half an hour to get into town (2miles) some days.
derek

clinton

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2009, 06:16:38 pm »
Thats a good income fro that dan :)

A lot to pay out mind you but if you travel its no probs..

DanielWelford

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2009, 06:17:34 pm »
Hi Derek

I do all the locals first job, then anything else a bit later so that you miss the rush, then I work my way back home.

Mike

Thanks for your time.

Dan

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2009, 06:20:08 pm »
Dan

No probs, I don't understand adwords  ;D

For instance not really sure where all the extra traffic comes from if your top of all the natural searches. Does it come down to just spreading the keyword net?

clinton

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2009, 06:21:28 pm »
Mike

You will pick them up quick as your good on the sites ;)

DanielWelford

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2009, 06:22:59 pm »
Hi Clinton

Its like any advertising; you only spend on it if you get a return. The more you spend the bigger the return. (Most of the time). You have to find the point where spending more doesnt achieve any extra income.

That is where I am now.  ???

Dan

DanielWelford

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2009, 06:26:22 pm »
Mike

I have not got a clue either. I just make sure that my site sits top by making sure I have all the key search phrases and my click price high.

Some sites sit high without adwords as they have been wriiten really well. (Unfortunately my fella was a good designer but crap on writing).

Dan