This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

newclean

Split Battery Reley ?
« on: April 26, 2009, 11:38:28 am »
I am thinking of have a split battery reley put in my van, can someone tell me would the charge in the battery last
all day if i were to park up and window clean for 5 hours.

Thanks

Newclean ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Slash

Re: Split Battery Reley ?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 02:20:23 pm »
I have one in my van and charge the battery up twice a week,I do alot of local work and am not really getting the benifits,if you have long runs between your calls it would work but I have alot of 5-8 minute runs at most and am not getting it charged up properly to benifit fully from a split relay but has made charging less frequent.

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 02:30:07 pm »
I am thinking of have a split battery reley put in my van, can someone tell me would the charge in the battery last
all day if i were to park up and window clean for 5 hours.

Thanks

Newclean ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Possibly.  It depends on battery size and how new it is.  Shouldn't be a problem if the battery is fairly new and well charged.  I am down to two leisure batteries that are both showing signs of wear.  I alternate and mains charge them every few days and sometimes need to run the engine while working.  I could do with a new leisure battery really but I want to get the most out of the current two before I buy another.  My work varies.  Some days I do large work with little driving.  Other days I put in the miles and have a lot of stop/start.
I find that if I stop for a break, it can be helpful to have the break in the van and leave the engine running.

peterharwood

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 08:36:18 pm »
Also thinking of split relay, my question is - is it ok to use a leisure battery
as I was told that the leisure battery needs to run flat before charging ???

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 09:01:01 pm »
Also thinking of split relay, my question is - is it ok to use a leisure battery
as I was told that the leisure battery needs to run flat before charging ???

Leisure batteries are the ones that are normally used for WFP if you are not running it from the vehicle battery.  I thought it was better not to run a leisure battery right down as it shortens its life (thisd is a mistake that I've made with the two that I'm alternating)..  I could be wrong though as I'm relying on past posts on here for thaty info.