This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

concept

windowashers
« on: April 26, 2009, 10:03:10 am »
being new to window cleaning, and looking to start up asap, i have looked on a few forums, asked lots and lots of questions, gathered a lot of valuable info.

having posted asking if anyone wouldn't mind a newbie tagging along for the day, ian foolishly volunteered his services, and i gladly accepted his kind offer!

all i can say is, what a fantastic guy, he went out of his way to talk me through an awful lot of the positives and negatives of the business. arranged for me to tag along on his first cleans so i could see EXACTLY what its all about, and boy, was the whole day an eye opener?!

never did i imagine there was so much involved in wfp window cleaning.

after a quick demo at ians, we jumped in the van and went off to our first house...jumped out of the van, and ian gave me the downstairs front of a house to do, 3 windows and a door...

ian showed me again what to do, and warned me about the vents...oh goodness me...vents!! on my 1st window!! here's me, never washed a window in my life, and i am out with a guy, at a paying customer of his established business, and i have to finally put myself in touch with glass!! and it has vents!!! how much pressure?!

anyway, after much scrubbing, loads of armache from scrubbing too hard, and about half an hour later...i had completed 2 wee windows and a door...i an came round to inspect, how nervous?! he quickly saw i had forgotten a window hahahaha!!! these damned newbies eh ian?! who on earth would forget a window...so glad i wouldn't do anything as daft as to forget a window...or 2, at 5pm on a hot friday afternoon, with beers in the van waiting...you'd have to be daft to do that!  ;)

anyway, without wanting to bore you all, i would like to publicly thank windowashers, ian, for arranging the day for me, and giving me such valuable advice, and so many ideas.

it's great to see someone as hungry as him, and professional with his business, i am sure he will go far.

now all i have to do is order my gear!!
 ;D

thanks again ian, pleasure to meet you, and thanks for welcoming me into your home and business.

Window Washers

Re: windowashers
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 10:16:14 am »
Si,

Your are very much welcome, and thank you for the beers, hope your arms are ok!

Ian
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

cozy

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 10:19:10 am »
See, it's all about beer! ;D

That's a very important point Si, always have beer after work it helps grow your business and stops all those aches and pains. :)

STEVE-UK

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 10:24:22 am »
Si,

Ian

you must have lifted lots of beers  :D

Window Washers

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 04:08:57 pm »
Si,

Ian

you must have lifted lots of beers  :D
No beer for the workers, whilst working  ;)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

concept

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 07:24:19 pm »
they might forget a couple of windows eh?!  :P

Window Washers

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 07:33:53 pm »
they might forget a couple of windows eh?!  :P
lol, that could well have been my fault but I have to blame the trainee either way, I Love being the boss sometimes  :-\  ;D

lee_dewing

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 10:11:31 am »
windowashers(ian)

nice one on training day for newbie!

know you do get some stick on here ;D

thanks for advice you've given me.
also congrats on utube harris pole video

sitting in today pee'ing down, lots to do though :(
Lee
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle