This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cozy

Re: Speeding things up.
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2009, 11:52:12 am »
Yes Ewan, but if you do it there and then, it's done and money in the bank now, instead of next time. What part of that don't you understand?

s.w.c

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2009, 11:58:57 am »
there are lots of ways to speed things up, being very organised etc, but the best way is to talk to other guys in the area and do some swaps with work to compact things and get rid of those loose end jobs, the more compact the less time it will take,

cozy

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2009, 01:20:16 pm »
Ewan, you're the only one on here that talks himself around corners. You really don't get it mate.

It's about speeding up, like was said. If you can't or wont understand then carry on and argue with yourself.

Money in the bank today means just that. How would anyone think delaying work till next time is "speeding up".

Attitude and organisation is all to do with speeding up. Why pretend to be clever about it and try to make yourself look clever. Try just answering the post and stop playing professor of window cleaning

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2009, 02:32:49 pm »
Any tips to speed things up? Little things as well as big ones? Getting organised? Van layout? Method of work?

Please post here.

My bugbears - tripping over pole hose and tangling hoses generally.
Is there a solution?

Using a highish flow rate if you have the carrying capacity.

martinsadie

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2009, 02:41:17 pm »
No different to booking the work in next time you are in the area again.

So where’s the speeding up  ;D

make the customer wait 4 week for a clean and they will probley go else where ,perhaps you arnt as proffesional as you think you are  ;D ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2009, 04:36:31 pm »
There's two ways of looking at Ewan's post and the many responses:-

1. Do it there and then get the dosh in and get the custy on board.

2. That might put you out by an hour and mean that you don't get all your scheduled (organised?) work in that day.

So a new custy is a judgement call on a case by case basis IMHO.

I like the ideas tho' and that poo scrubbing patch on a wfp brush sounds a good project for the next rainy day for me.
It's a game of three halves!

ftp

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2009, 04:48:41 pm »
I had a patch of velcro on my brush stock but it didn't stick too well and it also attracted grit and sand.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2009, 04:55:11 pm »
Did it scratch ?

ftp

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2009, 04:59:04 pm »
Hope it didn't  :)

As regards speeding up then slightly off at a tangent would be compacting your round as much as possible, so having as little wasted time between jobs.

andyatkinson

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2009, 08:12:40 pm »
compact rounds a thing of the past?! what what?  please explain.. ::)

martinsadie

« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2009, 08:13:55 pm »
people wont buy work round here unless its compact,whats the point of driving between jobs when you can be cleaning  ;D ;D

andyatkinson

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2009, 08:16:08 pm »
i can understand it being harder to build up compact rounds but cant see why tht makes them a thing of the past

martinsadie

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2009, 08:21:31 pm »
i think if ewan doesnt have a rest while driving to next job he gets to tired to work  ;D ;D

andyatkinson

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2009, 08:27:47 pm »
maybe its different from planet to planet! ;D

ftp

« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2009, 08:28:12 pm »
Hard work tonight ::)
You go through your list of jobs and find the ones closest together Ewan, then you push the dates around gradually untill your days work is compacted into set areas. Granted you won't be likely to get every house in a street but the ones you do have you don't want on different days if you can help it.

cybersye

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2009, 08:52:19 pm »

modify your brushes so they have a non scratch scrubbing pad when flipped to scrub bird poo and egg (my latest project)

Cybersye,

have you done this yet? I was thinking of trying the same thing with a gardiner sl dual trim just wondered if it was succesful?

yes, hav'nt tried it yet though. I trimmed an old brush stock and pulled out the bristles and then melted a non scratch scourer onto it, attached via one half of a plastic angle adapter (you just need a longer bolt)

Mike 108

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2009, 09:32:43 pm »
Looks like Jeff Brimble has a competitor!

seandyer2003

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2009, 08:11:16 am »
compact rounds a thing of the past?! what what?  please explain.. ::)

I think he is laying bait for you guys there!! Compact is the thing everyone should be going for!!!

I have houses that are £4 each but because they are compact do ten an hour!! Your not gonna drive a mile inbetween them eh!!

Tosh

« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2009, 08:28:14 am »
people wont buy work round here unless its compact,whats the point of driving between jobs when you can be cleaning  ;D ;D

I have one day where I only clean 6 houses, but they're all big posh ones; very well priced; and they're all drive-betweens.

It's my favourate domestic day.