Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

sgibsoncleaning

Re: What is this worth in UK?
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2009, 12:50:59 am »
why do most post on here end up in an auction of bull s**t 
i would love to see someone wfp that house in 3/4 mins
and 10 mins work for 15 quid the hourly rate is getting higher by the day, soon people would rather see a solicitor than have a window cleaner, it would be cheaper

Window Washers

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2009, 02:29:05 am »
3-4 mins WFP max.

::)
yep 3-4 minutes wfp and trad, this house would not in a million years take over 5 minutes
correction, and in the real world.

This house would take anyone over 3/4 mins if doing there job properly, how ever fast they was wfp a bird crap on 2 windows would put a stop to the 3/4 min rule even if your fast. them paying you can take three mins or more sometimes, if not invoice wfp putting bac in van ect ::), and trad 5 mins  5 times up ladder and then down stairs now I dont normally knock people but please be realistic, I'm quite fast trad been doing that long enough and wfp but 3/4/5 mins is just a little far fetched even at 2am in the morning.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2009, 05:12:05 am »
8.00 if there's loads together.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2009, 07:58:40 am »
3/4 minutes - it's a load of rubbish - what a cruddy job to do for a customer - if anyone genuinely takes this long then they are doing a shoddy job and should be ashamed of themselves.

Let's do the job on a "scrub and hope" basis - wfp. (No bird's muck or rinsing properly or worrying about dripping from the top windows or frames.)

Pull up in Van start stop watch.
Get out, open doors, lift off/out pole, gather pole hose so you don't trip/get tangled, pick up trip hazard sign.

30 seconds.

Put out trip hazard sign as you go.

(Knock door so you don't see squaddie Tosh washing his socks by day? Let's leave that out)

Roll out main hose and take pole to farthest point (25/30 metres walking and dragging hose) in one easy motion (no snagging on the gate or those little garden lamps or the patio furniture mind!)

1 minute? No let's say 45 seconds if it pulls out and lays perfectly first time. (1 min. 15 running total)

Extend pole on that back upper window (3 panes) by the patio furniture and scrub - say 45 seconds including a sill wipe cuz you're smokin'! On to the next upper - say another 20 (mind those little lamps now.)

Drop Pole down. Gather hose. - 10 seconds

1 minute 15 secs (2 mins 30 secs running total)

Back behind the patio furniture to do the door and window (what about that screen thing on the door and wire at the side of the window? - let's pretend they don't exist)

40 seconds? (Who cares about the drips from above eh?)

Plus 20 for the window along-side

Now up to 3 mins 30 in this perfect world.

Get that hose and pole round the front avoiding all the bits and pieces and gate snagging, extend to the upper front windows.

Another 30 seconds (without pulling that little gate apart.)

Up to 4 minutes and we're flying.

Top three windows - bish bash bosh - 60 seconds the lot. (That one on the right is open so a bit slower even Billy Whizz don't want wet curtains!)

Drop the pole. 5 secs

Up to 5 mins 05.

Now the downstairs left 20 seconds (cuz we're round the front and the neighbours might notice how fast we are) - then the diddy ones at 5 secs each but that one to the right of the door needs more care cuz it's open so say 20 all in.

Oh no we're on 5h 45 and we haven't rolled in the hose, put the stuff away and written out and put a payment slip through. And get back in the van and hit that stop watch. (Say just under a minute if we can write quickly and legibly.)

We're on 6 min 30 already.

Those upper windows are dripping merrily - the top frames haven't been touched - what a satisfied custy we have.

Now I reckon once in a while on a fortnightly or monthly clean you might just get away with that - but at some point you'll need to take that screen off the back door, get bird's muck off, unwrap your hose from the garden ornaments, do the top frames and remove the spider's nests. Occasionally the custy is in and you will then add a bit for payment faffing on top.

I reckon ten minutes is a more realistic time over a couple of hours on stuff in the same street if you're organised.
It's a game of three halves!

R W C

« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2009, 08:02:24 am »
3/4 minutes - it's a load of rubbish - what a cruddy job to do for a customer - if anyone genuinely takes this long then they are doing a shoddy job and should be ashamed of themselves.

Let's do the job on a "scrub and hope" basis - wfp. (No bird's muck or rinsing properly or worrying about dripping from the top windows or frames.)

Pull up in Van start stop watch.
Get out, open doors, lift off/out pole, gather pole hose so you don't trip/get tangled, pick up trip hazard sign.

30 seconds.

Put out trip hazard sign as you go.

(Knock door so you don't see squaddie Tosh washing his socks by day? Let's leave that out)

Roll out main hose and take pole to farthest point (25/30 metres walking and dragging hose) in one easy motion (no snagging on the gate or those little garden lamps or the patio furniture mind!)

1 minute? No let's say 45 seconds if it pulls out and lays perfectly first time. (1 min. 15 running total)

Extend pole on that back upper window (3 panes) by the patio furniture and scrub - say 45 seconds including a sill wipe cuz you're smokin'! On to the next upper - say another 20 (mind those little lamps now.)

Drop Pole down. Gather hose. - 10 seconds

1 minute 15 secs (2 mins 30 secs running total)

Back behind the patio furniture to do the door and window (what about that screen thing on the door and wire at the side of the window? - let's pretend they don't exist)

40 seconds? (Who cares about the drips from above eh?)

Plus 20 for the window along-side

Now up to 3 mins 30 in this perfect world.

Get that hose and pole round the front avoiding all the bits and pieces and gate snagging, extend to the upper front windows.

Another 30 seconds (without pulling that little gate apart.)

Up to 4 minutes and we're flying.

Top three windows - bish bash bosh - 60 seconds the lot. (That one on the right is open so a bit slower even Billy Whizz don't want wet curtains!)

Drop the pole. 5 secs

Up to 5 mins 05.

Now the downstairs left 20 seconds (cuz we're round the front and the neighbours might notice how fast we are) - then the diddy ones at 5 secs each but that one to the right of the door needs more care cuz it's open so say 20 all in.

Oh no we're on 5h 45 and we haven't rolled in the hose, put the stuff away and written out and put a payment slip through. And get back in the van and hit that stop watch. (Say just under a minute if we can write quickly and legibly.)

We're on 6 min 30 already.

Those upper windows are dripping merrily - the top frames haven't been touched - what a satisfied custy we have.

Now I reckon once in a while on a fortnightly or monthly clean you might just get away with that - but at some point you'll need to take that screen off the back door, get bird's muck off, unwrap your hose from the garden ornaments, do the top frames and remove the spider's nests. Occasionally the custy is in and you will then add a bit for payment faffing on top.

I reckon ten minutes is a more realistic time over a couple of hours on stuff in the same street if you're organised.

Pmsl, brilliant post malc i thought i was working then.

Chris

cozy

« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2009, 08:19:40 am »
Well written Malc  ;D

To save embarrassment, I took a picture of a tidy custy house. 200 Yards down the road, the back garden of No 17, looks like this. It would take me 4 minutes with a fire hose & C4 explosives  ;D

kris martin

« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2009, 08:27:01 am »
listen guys i know what i am capable of (just because your not), who said anything about getting out of van etc ect etc,i might be doing next door,  i dont do top frames (too much trouble) but i do still do a good job, there is no cross bar on the window so each window is literally just a single pain without having to worry about the dirt on the cross bar, i dont have to worry about how long i take because the customers know i can be very fast with good results, infact the only complaints i used to get were off customers saying i havnt done something because they havnt seen me (in and out no messing about) when they check the window they appologise, i use a trolley which i think saves a lot more time, my cleans are generally fortnightly or monthly so are more maintenance cleans, drop the pole put it down and do the bottom trad (double handed).  i know what i am capable of, i know i do a good job, i wouldnt want to clean windows fast like that all the time (too tiring)..  malc nobody said anything about setting up and putting away (well i didnt anyway), and if i do feel the need for one reason or another to do the job at speed it will not be a shoddy job i will just wear myself out...

kris

seandyer2003

« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2009, 09:30:43 am »
Im presuming on the first picture the windows are only the to the left of the first door?? In which case if they are in row upon row id do them for 6.00 fortnightly, 7.00 monthly , i actually have a round that looks just like that and i can make a days wage in half a day as its so compact and 5, 6 , 7 each...

10-15.00 i wish my customers were as gullible on such a small house !! And easy windows too...

williamx

« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2009, 09:34:52 am »
listen guys i know what i am capable of (just because your not), who said anything about getting out of van etc ect etc,i might be doing next door,  i dont do top frames (too much trouble) but i do still do a good job,
kris

I class a "window" as the hole in the brickwork and anything that is there is cleaned, that includes the glass the vents and the frames.

Also on the 1st clean I sometimes give the guttering and downpipes a clean if they are really dirty, I even clean the garage doors.

Why? well the whole house is left gleaming not just the glass and this in my customers opinion makes my company better than the compertition.

ftp

« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2009, 09:55:02 am »
I carry a lawnmower in the van now it keeps me well ahead of my competition.

cozy

« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2009, 10:03:01 am »
Im presuming on the first picture the windows are only the to the left of the first door?? In which case if they are in row upon row id do them for 6.00 fortnightly, 7.00 monthly , i actually have a round that looks just like that and i can make a days wage in half a day as its so compact and 5, 6 , 7 each...

10-15.00 i wish my customers were as gullible on such a small house !! And easy windows too...

Not gullible mate, I would expect different prices in UK north and south.That's 1 reason I started this thread.

Because these houses are soldiers houses my custies come from all over the UK.

I had 1 woman in a house like that shown, from Fife, said her W/C took a fiver.

Gullible, no don't think so, the other W/C in this area takes 25% more than I do.

Having said that, he hasn't many custies. I've had some interesting answers to this thread and it's told me alot about WFP and the problems/advantages it has. A real eye opener.

Thanks lads. :)

JSMC

« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2009, 10:20:59 am »
that house 5-6 quid max.

doddle to fly roon that on ladders.

Simon@ Clearview contractors

« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2009, 10:41:58 am »
that house 5-6 quid max.

doddle to fly roon that on ladders.

I've gotta aggree, I'd be charging a fiver a house if there was a good few of them, and I'd probably be hittin the £30+ per hr. mark.

kris martin

« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2009, 11:00:06 am »
listen guys i know what i am capable of (just because your not), who said anything about getting out of van etc ect etc,i might be doing next door,  i dont do top frames (too much trouble) but i do still do a good job,
kris

I class a "window" as the hole in the brickwork and anything that is there is cleaned, that includes the glass the vents and the frames.

Also on the 1st clean I sometimes give the guttering and downpipes a clean if they are really dirty, I even clean the garage doors.

Why? well the whole house is left gleaming not just the glass and this in my customers opinion makes my company better than the compertition.
well im not you and and my opinions on what should be done and what shouldnt be done are different from yours i also dont charge £15 for that house (not saying you do) because that is out right robbery, i would charge £7 and if the customer wants the top frame doing then that will be extra and then it will take longer, they would pay £7 (max) get a v good job and WITHOUT rushing i would be doing next doors within 5 mins (nodoubt)

i charge a lot more competitive and reasonable prices and then give them the option

« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2009, 11:10:05 am »
listen guys i know what i am capable of (just because your not), who said anything about getting out of van etc ect etc,i might be doing next door,  i dont do top frames (too much trouble) but i do still do a good job,
kris

well im not you and and my opinions on what should be done and what shouldnt be done are different from yours i also dont charge £15 for that house (not saying you do) because that is out right robbery, i would charge £7 and if the customer wants the top frame doing then that will be extra and then it will take longer, they would pay £7 (max) get a v good job and WITHOUT rushing i would be doing next doors within 5 mins (nodoubt)

i charge a lot more competitive and reasonable prices and then give them the option

£84.00 an hour trad?

Ive heard peeps bragging about WFP at that rate but not ladder work before.

kris martin

« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2009, 11:20:58 am »
in a perfect world maybe..   £84 an hour would be grande!!

and who said anything about ladders ???

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2009, 11:32:14 am »
I reckon with setting up & packing away, that house would take 10 minutes minimum, prob closer to 15.

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2009, 12:10:16 pm »
that house can be cleaned in 4 mins (trad), if you dont clean the frames, which some custies dont care about, if i had a long run of these houses i would charge in the region of 7.50 if it was just the glass, 10 quid if its the frames as well and 10 quid if it was all done wfp ( if its only one house then i would have to charge 20 quid due to the time for setting up and packing up)

but i know i could run round no problems at all on a ladder doing all the glass in 4 mins, easy...but what standard would they be at the end?....dunno, there may be some birds muck that i missed, but i reckon i would probably spend around 10 mins to get the job done right. ;)

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2009, 12:16:05 pm »
Agree with scrimmy. I clean frames, cills, doors etc. Glass only would be a lot faster.

cozy

« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2009, 12:40:22 pm »
Scrimm, I don't know if you read the post from the start, I clean with frames mate and that back top left window is 3.10 meters wide,
 you have to go up twice trad. 3 windows at the front (ladder) 2 at the back
(1 of which you have to climb twice) so 5 times up and down a ladder and it can be cleaned properly in 5 minutes?

I wanted to know what prices were like in the UK, I think you are
up in the Glasgow area. Price makes sense but I'm a little surprised
at your time reconing mate.

Lets face it, if I wanted to clean them and not be sure what state they
were in after, I could use water filled balloons ;D

Now there's an idea, "Drive by window cleaning"