This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stoneleech

quote yesterday
« on: April 09, 2009, 04:28:17 pm »
I had a corker of a custie yesterday, large detatched property, secure entry, video camera on the gate etc. 70 windows of varying sizes, chatting with the the custie on the way around "do you have a window cleaner?", "No, we had to let him go as was getting a bit expensive", "oh" i think to myself. Custie wanted clean every 8 weeks so I priced it up at £45. (thought was a bit below but could live with doing it for that price) "That's almost double what our previous cleaner was charging!". 70 windows for £25!!!!......did the monkeys for peanuts routine and left knowing i'd never see that property again.

GWCS

Re: quote yesterday
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 04:43:22 pm »
asset rich, cash poor..  ::)

how long do you think it would have taken you?

stoneleech

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 04:46:44 pm »
probably about 2hrs for first clean then about 1hr 15mins after that.

GWCS

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 06:18:38 pm »
I would have said first clean for £45 - second clean i'll do it for £25 (keep them sweet), and if i feel it takes too long for the money and it was better priced at £45 - you can find yourself another window cleaner..

They say he was too expensive, maybe he (the ex cleaner) decided it was too much at a low price so ditched them.. as usual then they compare prices..

Tosh

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 06:29:04 pm »
I would have said first clean for £45 - second clean i'll do it for £25 (keep them sweet),

£25 for a job that takes over an hour?  Are you sure?  That's a lot of graft for very little money.

I'd've stuck in a good quote with a longer cleaning frequency.

ronnie paton

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 06:37:21 pm »
why keep them sweet??? unless you felt more jobs could come from it i would of left well alone, you seemed to put a very competitive price.

GWCS

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 06:38:16 pm »
Depends on how long it takes really - you dont know til you have actually done it with experience of the first clean.

Could be a good house to gain neighbours from it.. think of how it can benefit you outside the box rather than what it gives you directly.

NWH

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 06:41:50 pm »
WFP you can clean loads and loads of windows in an hour,saying he was expensive is a classic there trying to get you thinking before you quote.For that price it ain`t that big i`ll bet.

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 06:43:10 pm »
Depends on how long it takes really - you dont know til you have actually done it with experience of the first clean.

Could be a good house to gain neighbours from it..

But then again it might not be.

Its no good being a busy fool and its no good being a busy fool hoping you'll get even busier.

Ive also found those types of accounts (outwardly wealthy) are the worst payers by far.

GWCS

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 06:46:16 pm »

Could be a good house to gain neighbours from it..

But then again it might not be.

Its no good being a busy fool and its no good being a busy fool hoping you'll get even busier.

your committed to 2 cleans thats all.. then part on good terms if its not right for you..

You wont know until you have tried it..  ::)

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 06:48:28 pm »
Id rather try it at a fair rate of return.

simon knight

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 06:57:12 pm »

Thing is for the custy it's £270  a year...that's a lot of dough for the windows unless you're really well off and a Hyacynth Bucket.

I would have stuck in a £20 offer but made damned sure I wasn't there for longer than 40 minutes even if meant missing windows :o

pjulk

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2009, 07:31:39 pm »
70 windows i would have stuck in about £50.

Any less than that i wouldn't touch it.

I would rather stick to 3 bed semi's because if i clean 70 windows on those type of house's i will earn a lot more than that.

Pitty there are no 70 window 3 bed semi's

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2009, 07:38:45 pm »
good quote- £45, i thought you were going to say the previous cleaner charged £90 and feel that you underpriced it.

I agree with your times, i do lots like this. 2hrs for £25 and about 100l of hot water, is not good business.

simon knight

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2009, 07:56:54 pm »

We all seem to assume that the customer wants to spend £45 getting the entire house cleaned! Reality is that they're not bothered with the spare bedrooms that are used once a year at Christmas...they really don't care about the 3 Veluxes in the attic...not too fussed about the utility room windows.

Average custy wants these rooms cleaned: Living room, Kitchen, master bedroom...and any other room they use every day.

So why not in the case of Stoneleech's customer say: "£20 but I'll only do this many windows and you choose which ones".