Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ccmids

[ wfp] moaning customers
« on: April 08, 2009, 08:48:59 pm »
had a customer phone me tonight to tell me the windows are streaky can i go back and clean the old way .
so im going back in morning to do again , does any one els get this on first clean wfp its the second one thats called in three weeks
a lot of the windows ive done clean up very well some cussys phone to say how well.
i think it might have something to do with the age of some of them or they dont like change.

firefly123

Re: [ wfp] moaning customers
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 08:55:41 pm »
it does happens mate sometimes you need to take a bit more time how is the tds as you say some people dont like change if so lose the customer  it happens
shiney one

ccmids

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 09:02:06 pm »
tds is 000 i think some frames are powdery if you know what i meen .
last one i went back to it was a very fine line on some of the glass

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 09:12:18 pm »
just explain that it may have loosened some dirt that was deep  in the surrounds, and that you don't mind doing them again, but it will be wfp. I have a customer that i have been back to a couple of times before it started to come good. i think they sank the titanic with less water than i have used on that house, but those windows are clean ;D .
 I've had 5 or6 I've had to go back on, but it's all about leaning the new tool. you will get there

ccmids

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 09:19:11 pm »
ive wfp for three weeks now and love it  its quicker safer , dont know were im going wrong when i get to a house i wet glass first then brush along top of glass then scrub up down working my way across the window some times i wash the side of frames then i swill the whole thing down and move on to next one.
im not going back to trad done it too long

GWCS

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 09:25:15 pm »
In future, give it a good wash on the first clean, maybe go round 2 or 3 times.. explain to them that "it may" spot up or give white lines from the top frames.. this is just showing that the frames have not been cleaned properly or you have got water in the air vent, so try and steer clear of those..

Stop carrying you ladders on your car/van... it works well, because they dont see them they dont associate you with going up them anymore.. then only put them on when you need access, or have specific trad work to do - and insist they are for access and inspection only.

Make sure they know the benefits they are going to get from the use of WFP.. Sell it too them, and make them trust you.. transition is never easy whatever it may be in life - you just need to assure them and make them trust you.

If its a case of they dont like it.. stick to your guns, and politely advise you have stopped using ladders to provide a safer future for yourself and your family and decline their requests, even if it means you lose them.

ccmids

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 09:30:05 pm »
good idea with the ladders ill only take the when i have to go on a flat roof  for access or something like that .
 do you soak your brushes over night i dont or should i ?

paul saunders

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 09:30:47 pm »
If all else fails, lie to them and tell them that ladders are banned.  ;D ;D
I can remember when waking up stiff in the morning was a good thing.

ccmids

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 09:32:33 pm »
i cant lie to em and yes the white drip is always from the top frame very fine it is

RPCCS

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2009, 09:34:40 pm »
had a customer phone me tonight to tell me the windows are streaky can i go back and clean the old way .
so im going back in morning to do again , does any one els get this on first clean wfp its the second one thats called in three weeks
a lot of the windows ive done clean up very well some cussys phone to say how well.
i think it might have something to do with the age of some of them or they dont like change.
Wfp will not leave streaks , it will leave spots or dirty rivers on the window, unless like you say , the paintwork is dodgy.
  A good test for paint that someone told me is; wet your finger, then rub it hard on the frame of the window, look at your finger , if it is  the same colour as paintwork,  then your wasting your time doing it wfp as it will just cause problems for you.
    If you have any complaints about streaks and the frames are painted , do the finger test on them in front of the custie , then  show them  the  result. Explain that this is a sign that the windows are ready for a new coat of paint. when paint becomes powdery, it starts to absorb water instead of repelling it, and thats where your streaky marks come from.
Cheers Rich

RPCCS

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2009, 09:39:13 pm »

do you soak your brushes over night i dont or should i ?
.A couple of times a week in pure water will help to keep them clean
Cheers Rich

ccmids

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2009, 09:44:49 pm »
 ,yes i know what you meen ,this can happen on pvc too ive noticed.
they are as you say little white spots all in a line coming down ive also noticed it seems to happen on the windows in the sun or is this just coinsadans excuse the spelling .
thanks about the brushes tip ill soak the from now on.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2009, 10:43:18 pm »
,yes i know what you meen ,this can happen on pvc too ive noticed.
they are as you say little white spots all in a line coming down ive also noticed it seems to happen on the windows in the sun or is this just coinsadans excuse the spelling .
thanks about the brushes tip ill soak the from now on.

You're doing fine ccmids - keep going, stick to your guns and tell 'em that ladders are banned when there is a viable alternative to working at height (true).
It's a game of three halves!

kris martin

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2009, 11:48:43 pm »
i dont do frames me i find it causes me too much trouble and takes too long, just be extra careful not to catch the top frame (thats if you dont do the top frame). i decided to try a new technique today after finding there was a few of these tiny white spot runs, first i changed my brush from the oval vikan to the square vikan, it dosnt splay as much but the square vikan seems to have better scrubbing power, then i go across the top 3 times then scrub the glass, then go back and forward across the top again  and scrub the glass again. instead of rinsing i scrub the glass twice and i tell you what the results have been 100% perfect  :) :)

Helen

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2009, 07:56:05 am »
stop thinking it in the way that customers are moaning, call it feedback instead. Be glad that someone has told you otherwise you would happily carry on without knowing. You have only been wfp 3 weeks, so are still learing that technique. You say it is quicker, stop thinking that way. It may get quicker on repeat visits, but not every property will be quicker than trad. Not every window will be suitable for wfp and you find this by trial and error. WFP is not a magic wand, slow down and treat it as another tool in your tool box. Practise practise practise on your own with differing techniques.

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2009, 08:07:07 am »
Helens right, I tend to try  to look at issues like this as positive feedback, it stops me in my tracks before I start to cut too many corners.

Regarding your point about does it just happen in sunlight....nope, its the sunlight that ,akes the spotting more visible though. Windows in shade will probably have it too, just less likely to be spotted.

I think your doing fine.............. as Malc says, tell 'em WFP has to be used if theres an alternative option to ladders, or your P/L insurance  is up the swany.

ftp

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2009, 08:11:13 am »
Well said Helen, that's exactly how I would put it. Slow down, listen to the customers, go back and have a look and try to work out why it's spotting and where the trail leads from. Could be something as simple as trying too hard to go too fast and flicking water up above the frame or maybe rinsing with the brush too far from the glass and splattering dirty areas.

ftp

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2009, 08:13:24 am »
Soaking brushes? can't see any point in that, but each to there own.

ccmids

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2009, 04:56:17 pm »
thanks for the tips maybe i am going at it too quick , will slow down . thanks again all of you.

kris martin

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2009, 08:13:15 pm »
do all the pole guys get 100% perfect results all the time because i cant always get rid of them, most of the time i do but sometimes i just cant, the ones that do spot are not bad at all but there is a few spots never the less.