This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ftp

Oilflow
« on: April 08, 2009, 07:17:33 pm »
Does it shift the residue from window stickers easily?

had a new clean today that was pretty much a builders clean, glass from floor to apex with a sticker mark on every pane, no where to rest a ladder and detergent on an applicator won't touch it.  :(

Re: Oilflow
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 07:43:55 pm »
upvc platic cleaner will get rid of it but that involves using a bit of towel/rag.

ftp

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 07:52:40 pm »
I carry nailvarnish remover in the van but no way was I going to slosh that about on brand new glass and frames. I figure Oilflow 141 might be safer to use although I have never touched the stuff. I would need to squirt an applicator with it and rub using a pole I think.

Gordon Saunders

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 08:55:47 pm »
 I use oilflo occasionally for removing sticky label residue , sellotape and silicone sealant and it works well .

davids3511

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 08:59:20 pm »
I think it is great stuff. Turns the sticky stuff into something soluble in water. I had some selotape of frames a while ago, I think teh sun had got to it for a while. Nothing I tried would remove it other than Oilflo.

ftp

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 09:13:49 pm »
Just ordered a bottle. Seems a bit pricey for such a small amount but hey ho.

Seems quite a few houshold products might do the same jobs as some windowcleaning suppliers expensive products.

eg.
gg3/gg4 - Fairy
MDF - Cillit Bang
Windsol Crysal Clear - Vikial, Killrock, Cillit Bang lime, Harpic?
UPVC cleaner - Ciff, Wilkinsons Astonish,Doctor Power