Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ftp

Pure water definately smears
« on: April 08, 2009, 07:13:52 pm »
if you get some grease on your brush! Did a house today and picked up some dubious substance from a top opener, don't know what it was, little balls of something in something squishy. Flicked it off and carried on working. Got to the next house and the glass had a greasy pattern all over it on every window  :o asked the custy if he'd had the walls sprayed - but no. Washed my brush in tfr and still the same, washed it again and still rubbish. Had to soap up and blade them off. Drove home and tried my own windows - smeared again. Took two more washes of the brush in Cillit Bang degreaser to shift it. God knows what it was - couldn't feel it or see it in the bristles.

john tomkins

Re: Pure water definately smears
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 07:29:33 pm »
Wasn't really pure water that caused it then was it ???

DaveG

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 07:44:13 pm »
Wasn't really pure water that caused it then was it ???

If you read the post again ftp said it smears if you get grease on your brush! ::)
You can't polish a turd

Window Washers

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 07:58:59 pm »
Egg is a killer for this, I learnt this by mistake  :-[
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

ftp

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 08:07:06 pm »
Bit picky tonight  ???

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 08:19:03 pm »
I had one of my shops spray WD40 on a stiff lock all over the glass door ::)

Nightmare to get it off

The worst thing I had was when someone threw up a kebab on the window, don't ask how well that came off, makes me feel sick to think about it

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 10:17:13 pm »

Go hot,.. it scrambles and falls to the floor!!

:)

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 10:19:34 pm »
Hmm, maybe spray some oil flo on it, that should work.

Never experienced this before, I'm quite glad about that by the sound of it!!

DaveG

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 10:30:52 pm »
I had a customer that sprayed WD40 on her window hinges and it ran down the window below and i removed it with white spirit on an old scrim, then went over it with wfp, came up fine :)
You can't polish a turd

tacky

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2009, 11:00:33 pm »
hi turned down a job monday .used to clean this guys windows ( bad payeer .so i dropped him )he just had new house built could i clean his windows .only problem he says .when he put new windows in the builders sprayed glass with chip oil ( honest ) to protect the glass .guess what i told him .the second word was. off

GWCS

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2009, 11:04:57 pm »
hi turned down a job monday .used to clean this guys windows ( bad payeer .so i dropped him )he just had new house built could i clean his windows .only problem he says .when he put new windows in the builders sprayed glass with chip oil ( honest ) to protect the glass .guess what i told him .the second word was. off

getyourkit?    ;)

aztec

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2009, 11:38:33 pm »
why dont you all realise wp is for high level jobs and squegee and applicator is for domestic cleaning!

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2009, 12:30:48 am »
why dont you all realise wp is for high level jobs and squegee and applicator is for domestic cleaning!

If it's good enough for high level jobs it's good enough for low level jobs.  ;)

matt

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2009, 01:16:38 am »
i had to sling a brush out when i got hair gel ( or something for the hair ) on mine

nothing would get it off

Window Washers

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2009, 07:37:46 am »
Now why cant everyone in my areas think the same as you  ::)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Londoner

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2009, 07:42:28 am »
Some kitchen windows can be really greasy, espescially the little flap window that gets left open all the time.

Had a house a couple of years back where they had a BBQ close to a big window and the grease had made the window impossible to get clean.

Helen

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2009, 07:45:50 am »
guess you don't do 2 or 3 storey domestic houses then, working at height regs ;)

lee_dewing

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2009, 08:04:42 am »
i wonder if said wd40.

i've a customer who insists on putting wd40 on brown upvc frames every year,(shiney)
. so i have to trad

just to add insult to injury theres usually a heavy downpur shortly after he's done it, leaves oily runs over glass,

If they were only 1 in road woyld dump but have 6 there ranging from £20 - £15
some people
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

ftp

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2009, 08:16:35 am »
Problem is the greasy smears are hard to see without the sun catching the glass and by then it's too late, the glass is contaminated and so is the brush. Can't fit a new brush and redo them 'cos that gets greasy too.  ::)

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2009, 08:20:45 am »

Go hot,.. it scrambles and falls to the floor!!

:)

I bet the toast lands the wrong way up though :)