Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mileslake

Re: First day using WFP-where am I going wrong?
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2009, 09:00:16 pm »
Without trying to sound clever, I think that the problem is, is that you have a backpack. I have one and they are very good for the odd job with access problems but on a dirty first clean, you need LOTS of water and lots of scrubbing. You can't get that with a back pack. I use my 500 litre van jobbie 99.9% of the time and I never have a problem with first cleans.

NWH

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2009, 09:03:59 pm »
The brush plays a big part in results a big part,all this go round the house and then go back again i don`t believe in.Take you time on the first clean and do each side of the house at a time thoroughly,if there plastic they will come up quicker and with hot water you`ll do them almost as quick as a cold WFPoler on a regular clean.

Helen

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2009, 09:20:21 pm »
Its easy to see the problem. :(

You say that you cleaned it in half the time you would have taken trad.  There it is.

When you switch over to wfp, it should take you longer to begin with not quicker.

Bob
Nail on the head..... we've all been there :)

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2009, 09:55:48 pm »
The brush plays a big part in results a big part,all this go round the house and then go back again i don`t believe in.Take you time on the first clean and do each side of the house at a time thoroughly,if there plastic they will come up quicker and with hot water you`ll do them almost as quick as a cold WFPoler on a regular clean.

Be realistic.....

Even you with your infinite wisdom and knowledge didnt invest in a hot-water system before you'd mastered WFP

;D

NWH

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2009, 10:23:36 pm »
Your quiet right Matt you have to master cold water first although if someone could afford it there life would be easier than mine ever was from day 1.

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2009, 10:23:47 pm »
Hi folks.Got my WCW backpack over the weekend and used it for the first time today.I was delighted with it initially and everything seemed to go well.I finished a 3 story house and conservatory in probably half the time I would have done trad.Then right near the end of the job I've gone back round to check out how everything looked and there was a good few 'cloudy looking' run marks that were showing up here and there.I can only assume it's from the frames but I scrubbed the bejesus out of them before doing the windows.Anybody else had this?Obviously I'm doing something fundamentally wrong but is there a link or guide to the actual technique of water fed pole cleaning?I've checked out several videos on youtube and thought I had it sorted but apparently not.Thanks.

I suspect that part of the problem may be not using enough water.  Backpacks are good tools but not really ideal for dirty first cleans IMO.  It's too tempting to skimp on water to save from regularly refilling.  Skimping water on first cleans is a bad idea.

mark dew

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2009, 12:07:18 am »
i finished a 3 story house and conservatory in probably half the time I would have done trad.

That is where the problem lies. You need to take as much time as you did traditionally.
Good results with that speed i don't think will be achievable for another year or more.

Craig 72

Re: First day using WFP-where am I going wrong? New
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2009, 07:56:14 am »
Thanks for the excellent advice everybody.From now on I will scrub the frames all round then go back and do the glass.I scrubbed the frames and then straight away did the glass then rinsed and that sounds like the problem.I thought I was pretty thorough to be honest,it certainly wasn't a case of a quick going over then finish.I say that I probably finished in half the time with trad but that's probably down to the fact that I'm reasonably new to this lark and still not the quickest with trad!

gary999

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2009, 09:23:42 am »
yep rinse rinse rinse and rinse some more,i still have some houses
now that cloud on the window if i touch the frames i just rinse till run
clear.

like others have said first cleans should take a lot longer you will
probably feel in your first month or so that its not worth the hassle..i
know i did :) but in the long run the advantages far out way the negatives :)

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2009, 09:46:21 am »
If you feel better to clean them by hand on the first clean then do so that way every clean after that will be ok without the dirt running of from the frames.......or another good way is this.

buy another backpack if you can afford one...get a cheap pole from b&q or unger feed it through and at the top put an applicator with the hose through a small hole you can drill...then in your second pack pack fill with gg3 or 4 mixed with water scrub with your applicator then go over with your second backpack filled with pure water ..hey presto lovely and clean and no runs...and it saves water as youve pr cleaned with gg3 ...but only do this if it makes you feel better...i use this way on some self cleaning glass next to a road so pure water alone wont remove the traffic film with just the brushes so i use the applicator option first ..removes it quick then a quick rinse over job done...