This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: New startup. would you go in 50-50
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2009, 10:35:39 pm »
thanks for the advice!

Im not going to bother then lol and will listen to everybody. Take my wife steady on there haha she will be one day but not just yet also the fact that she is 8 months pregant kind of puts me off that idea.

I would love to go wfp from the start but afraid money  does not permit it at this moment in time although Im keen to get a setup like that before the end of the year.

Well tomorrow the flyers and tshirts get here so door knocking here I come.

mark dew

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2009, 12:01:02 am »
For anyone else thinking it might be a good idea.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!  ;D

pingu

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2009, 07:16:25 am »
Well done Adam...just get out there and crack on....when you feel like you just do not want to go out 'today'....just ignore it and get out there as that is where your future is.

Door knock and leaflet...take note of those who were not in and go back again...

Plan your leafleting/doorknocking..so you just don't end up walking around in circles...print some street maps ...so you get an idea of where you have been.

I have todate put out over 20k leaflets on my tod and still continue to do so each and every week (not 20k I might add)....leafleting and canvassing will be part of your life for the forseeable future so embrace it as part of the job.

In 2 years you'll look back and smile knowing that you made the best decision in your life with regard to work...

And the best part is that with this job you'll be able to see your 'future new arrival' grow up and you be able to spend alot more time with the baby which is worth more than any money in the world !!...

So you have so much to look forward to....congratulations...it's not all rosey I'll admit but dig in and you'll reap the many rewards.

Keep us posted.

So....good morning and good luck...

Dave.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2009, 07:16:38 am »
I haven't put in a scripture for a while, but I will now (sorry Pingu ;D) it shows how relevant some of these old writings can be:

Deuteronomy 22: v 10 (Law of Moses to Israel)

You must not plough with a Bull and a Donkey together.

Brute strength with an all day plodder should not be yoked together in the same task see?

Thus endeth the lesson!  ;D

It's a game of three halves!

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2009, 08:51:04 am »
Lol!! Who you calling a donkey then Malc?

cozy

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2009, 09:47:16 am »
I think if you go into a partnership your window cleaning career will be very short.

I have my wife with me a lot of the time but she does not get paid.
Well actually she does its me that doesn't. :(

Yep! same for me. She won't do ladder work, (in a skirt) ;D

paulben

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2009, 04:17:46 pm »
go it alone that way if you want a late start or a day off you can . I employ my son as he couldnt get a job , we get on fine but some weeks it gets a bit tight finding his wages think of the time we lost this winter . when he finds another job I will stick to my own company.
Do not steal the government hates competition

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2009, 06:15:13 pm »
Malc,
sum me up scriptually, or is that biblically?

I know that i often think, after one of my astonishing  posts- 'pearls before swine'

Cheers Clive

Feen

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2009, 08:28:35 pm »
Adam, May have been covered already but consider this. When you are travelling between jobs, you are not earning. When you get there, the £x is all yours if you are on your own. If there's two of you, you're both earning nowt whilst travelling. And then you earn £x divided by two. Travelling time is down time. Two travelling is down time times two.

Feen