This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

painted pvc, argg!
« on: April 07, 2009, 11:15:49 am »
 >:(

went out to a qoute this morning, gave my price and the customer agreed and I started.

After the first window I noticed, that white stuff was coming off on my cloth and the water was very milky.

Then I took a closer look the the pvc frames. It apreared as if they had tried to paint the weather worn plastic in a restoration attempt but used internal paint :-\

So as my cloths that I had used to that point were ruined and the paint was getting duiluted in my water, on my applicator and gloves, as well as the milky water running on the sills which would in time stain it.

I knock the door and expained what was happening, and said I wouldn't charge for the work done as I hadn't completed the job and wouldn't be able to, nor would I be returning.

The customers insisted they hadn't been painted, but I cant think of anything else, I suspect they knew this and its why they didn't have a window cleaner.

cozy

Re: painted pvc, argg!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 01:37:41 pm »
At least they can't have a go at you for it. Maybe the people that lived there before did the paint thingy and they didn't know.

You're well out of it mate.

Gordon Saunders

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 06:10:48 pm »
Sounds like powder coated alluminium frames to me. steer clear

DaveG

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 08:18:49 pm »
I was going to say the same thing as Gordon, they can be a nightmare!

Thay need a REALLY good rinse
You can't polish a turd

weetot

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 08:19:14 pm »
Who the hell paint uPVC frames........................Nowt surprises me from the great unwashed public anymore!!
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

martinsadie

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 08:21:58 pm »
thought the idea of getting pvc was to save painting  ;D ;D