This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

RPCCS

spotting and dirty run marks
« on: April 06, 2009, 08:34:48 pm »
I have had a couple of custies tell me that this was the result last time i cleaned their windows, just before I changed my filters and resin.  My tds is 000 and I clean frames each visit, should I wait  afew mins after cleaning the frame before cleaning the glass? eg do 3 frames before returning to do the glass on the 1st window.
   Its only last time and this time I have had problems, these windows have always come up clear before.
Cheers Rich

ftp

Re: spotting and dirty run marks
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 08:53:31 pm »
Maybe you changed your technique a little last time. Quite often the top frame of the openers is caked in dirt, so you either have to clean it every time or always avoid it. Possibly you've started to clean above it and dragged the dirt down?

RPCCS

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 08:57:33 pm »
Maybe you changed your technique a little last time. Quite often the top frame of the openers is caked in dirt, so you either have to clean it every time or always avoid it. Possibly you've started to clean above it and dragged the dirt down?
  no , they are georgian sash windows wood frames
Cheers Rich

jouk45

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 10:06:24 pm »
use plenty of water on the 1st clean on frames. also charge more money for the first 3 cleans, then drop to what every your daily rate should be as from there on it is a doddle

Rogue Trader

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 11:52:07 pm »
i had real problems with sash windows when i first started and it was mainly cos i was using fan jets and water would get up under the top and bottom sash.

Some people say give this a good soaking on first and second cl;eans to get all dirt out but i just cleaned just below the top of bottom sash and made sure no water touched the gap aty the top of the bottom sash, i have since changed to pencils and can be a lot more accurate.

RPCCS

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 09:23:27 pm »
use plenty of water on the 1st clean on frames. also charge more money for the first 3 cleans, then drop to what every your daily rate should be as from there on it is a doddle
I've been doing them wfp for over a year now, so its not that they are new jobs. Having taken advice from some lads on another forum, who've had the same trouble , they've put it down to the fact that there was a couple of days of  gale force winds recently, and this must have blown loads of dust on to the windows.
Cheers Rich

jouk45

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 09:33:55 pm »
yes that has happened to me to when it is to windy