This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

everlast

advice on wfp van
« on: April 04, 2009, 09:22:23 pm »
hi guys i brought a trasit connect 6 months ago 04 plate £3000 and had a two man system fitted on a 400ltr tank (proffesionally done.) £3000 both are in immaculte what is a fair price to sell for reason for sale due to becomeing a plumber no smart answers please thanks

dave0123

Re: advice on wfp van
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 10:45:59 pm »
Why did you pay all that money? then become a plumber?

Just intrested
Dave.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 10:55:06 pm »
In the current economic climate you'll make a loss selling now. Prob £4500 max for the lot. :(

gary evans

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 07:01:43 am »
I would using the van for plumbing & selling your kit seperate.

I was selling my van & system plus 3 poles, total value 6k, the best i could get was 4k offer, that was not def. most offered 3 - 3.5k so its not worth much unless youre lucky. Mines back out working & earing its keep.

Gary

everlast

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 10:42:09 am »
reasons for change is been window cleaning on my own since 20 now 23 and for some reason i had in my head if i got a pole system it would make me alot more money, wrong i was dont get me wrong the jobs i use it on saves me time i just dont have the work for it, plus just had a little boy and want a secure future for family and right now thats what i think would be best to do, if i kept the van it would be a pain as the steel frame that secures the tank is bolted to the chassee so wouldent want to mess with it. thanks for replys

chrismroberts

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 12:05:24 pm »
reasons for change is been window cleaning on my own since 20 now 23 and for some reason i had in my head if i got a pole system it would make me alot more money, wrong i was dont get me wrong the jobs i use it on saves me time i just dont have the work for it, plus just had a little boy and want a secure future for family and right now thats what i think would be best to do, if i kept the van it would be a pain as the steel frame that secures the tank is bolted to the chassee so wouldent want to mess with it. thanks for replys

Why not just get more jobs on the windows and run the plumbing on the side? Window cleaner near me did exactly the same as you, had a huge round and gave it away to start plumbing, don't think the plumbing is doing very well in this recession.

see clear lee

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 03:45:47 pm »
thats good advice that is, so many people have given windowcleaning a go and found its not for them to pack up and try something else, only to come to the conclusion that windowcleaning wasnt so bad. my pal gave up and became a sparky , sold his round only to come back to windows 2 years later....hes doing better than  ever now, works 3 days a week new wfp van and just bought a x5 yesterday (credit crunch ?), good luck in what you do mate.

DaveG

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 07:30:31 pm »
I packed in plumbing to do window cleaning! ;D
You can't polish a turd

Window Washers

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2009, 07:44:31 pm »

it is only bolted down, I would take it out and sell seperate or you will take a big hit on the price, secondhand system max half price, 400L not big enough for a 2 man setup working full time ideal one man without full day of new cleans.

I would say about 1k for the system and the going price for the van auto trader will tell you a rough worth to it
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2009, 08:40:52 pm »
Only worth about £1000 for both and i would pay that and not even try and bid you down.
---THE BEST YOU CAN GET---
www.windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

everlast

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2009, 09:22:44 pm »
not fed up of window cleaning been doing it since was 13 on school holidays with my uncles firm till leaft school then went full time till i leaft when i was 20 to go on my own i am a hard worker it just seems my round is not growing to the size that would make me comfortable, will take on advice on thanks