This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

edd

Brushes ? Alex g
« on: April 04, 2009, 09:18:07 pm »
Do you know if  the new or will the new Gardiner brushes have white stocks as the black stocks leave nasty marks everywhere
We have just acquired a tucker brush and its the best ive used so far but we really would like some them if they had white stocks ?? 8)

Alex Gardiner

Re: Brushes ? Alex g
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 10:11:46 pm »
Do you know if  the new or will the new Gardiner brushes have white stocks as the black stocks leave nasty marks everywhere
We have just acquired a tucker brush and its the best ive used so far but we really would like some them if they had white stocks ?? 8)

You are the first client to my knowledge that has found the material used in our stocks leave 'nasty marks everywhere'.  I personally use these stock all the time and have never noticed marking of any sort from the black material.

Most damage that stocks do, is due to the structure of the stock not the material.  Whether a stock is white or black, if it has a hard edge, it will have the potential to scratch and mark.

If enough people wanted them in the white stock, it would be very easy for us to do this.  The main reason we went with black stock is that most people who expressed a preference (sounds like a whiskas advert) said that they would prefer to see a black stock.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 10:17:05 pm »
Alex, when you use them on windows with white rendered reveals they dont mark rather that you rasp your brush and plastic remains on the render.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 10:20:31 pm »
Alex, when you use them on windows with white rendered reveals they dont mark rather that you rasp your brush and plastic remains on the render.

A lot depends on your method of work.  The way I work the edges of my brush rarely become worn as I tend not to drag them down the side of window reveals.  I have to admit that I am not a frame perfectionist so tend to concentrate on the glass.  Dragging any brush repeatedly down window reveals is going to damage the surface.  I try and maintain as minimal an impact on the fabric of the building as possible whilst working.  It has the upside that my brushes rarely wear out.

Anybody else want white or natural colour stocks?

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 10:23:26 pm »
I prefer the black stock (Black bristles are better too IMO) as it stops the brush constantly looking dirty!

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 11:04:10 pm »
Pink for me please  ;)

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 11:40:55 pm »
Black is absolutely fine by me, matches the SL-X.

Apart from that, I've never marked a frame or sill with this brush, nor have I ever heard anyone do so.

tomy jackson

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 07:15:49 am »
you have now ;D ;D

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2009, 08:26:57 am »
i have marks from the black stock, they do come off with some scrubbing, but i would like to try white

The Seven Bays Window Cleaning Company

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2009, 08:34:14 am »
White stock and black bristles - now that would be a sexy looking brush ;D
THE SEVEN BAYS WINDOW CLEANING COMPANY

Mr H

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2009, 09:06:43 am »
Florecent for me please Alex..... what with H&S these days someone might say a bird didn't see it or something..... Would also mean a few people might see it and notice us more........ Extra advertising.....  ;D

chrismroberts

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2009, 09:20:55 am »

No. However, black bristles on the monofilament would look good  ;)

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2009, 09:48:31 am »

With black bristles you can't see very well if the brush is clean/contaminated.

chrismroberts

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2009, 09:52:30 am »

With black bristles you can't see very well if the brush is clean/contaminated.

True... would look good though  :P

GWCS

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2009, 10:44:59 am »
Florecent for me please Alex..... what with H&S these days someone might say a bird didn't see it or something..... Would also mean a few people might see it and notice us more........ Extra advertising.....  ;D

Glow in the dark hi lighter yellow! Looks great and get some night work done too LOL

pingu

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2009, 11:44:02 am »
Could Alex not provide colours that match our team colours...you know to give that 'support your local team theme'....? or  perhaps a row of LED's so we could project personalised messsges onto the customers living room/ bedroom walls?...then again how's about sensors like parking sensors so if you're a little close to say the brickwork etc ...a few blips and you can re-situate or re-angle the brush head.

You Know Alex...all it takes is a little imagination...not much to ask is it! >:(

ftp

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2009, 05:37:14 pm »
Well i've just tried to scratch my sills deliberately with my black Superlight. No way does the black stock mark the upvc. However, it will scratch if you rub hard enough with some dirt/grit between the stock and sill.
The best brush looks to be that Dutch sill type one if you are that worried.

MoemGorod

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2009, 06:12:32 am »
Would be nice to have red-blue-white for Russian users.

regards,

Vadim
www.MoemGorod.com - WFP supplier in Russia & CIS
www.MoemGorod.ru - WFP WC in Saint-Petersburg

edd

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2009, 08:45:02 pm »
I didn't say your stocks marks the sills Alex but the black ones we have do and the white one not as much by a noticeably amount

BUT please make some white ones with black or white bristles???

Rob.Hall

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2009, 08:56:17 pm »
Never had a prob with the super light brush.

Maybe if you did not use the brush head to clean the cills it might help  ???

Thats a joke by the way  ;D