This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Blue Frog Systems

Just tried out my kit and ....
« on: April 04, 2009, 05:05:04 pm »
Hi guys,

Sorry to be a pain in the ass. Have just set up my kit and unleashed it on my house. When i rinse off there is spots of water that are left on the window. Is this normal ? or am i doing something wrong ?

Just watched a video on youtube from adders window cleaning service and he says he has a chemical compound in his water to change the way the water runs. It changes from river effect to curtain effect. Does anyone know about this ?

Cheers

JP
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

DaveG

Re: Just tried out my kit and ....
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 05:14:21 pm »
Whats your water tds?
You can't polish a turd

GWCS

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 05:19:02 pm »
Hi guys,

Sorry to be a pain in the ass. Have just set up my kit and unleashed it on my house. When i rinse off there is spots of water that are left on the window. Is this normal ? or am i doing something wrong ?

Just watched a video on youtube from adders window cleaning service and he says he has a chemical compound in his water to change the way the water runs. It changes from river effect to curtain effect. Does anyone know about this ?

Cheers

JP

did you touch the top frames? probably likely that you didn't  wash them enough and rinse the window properly either?

But a check on your TDS coming out the brush head will be good to know.

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 05:25:40 pm »
TDS from the brush is 000 as it should

There are drops of water that are staying on the glass, they are not marking the windows, but i dont think it should happen.

The windows have not been cleaned for a couple of years either.

Could it be im not brushing the window enough ?

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 05:32:36 pm »
 ???

but i dont think it should happen.

Why?

wightsurf

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 05:35:06 pm »
Some windows , the water will sheet down the glass. Others the water will be Droplets.As long as you have cleaned the top frame properly there will be no problems.

mark dew

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 05:43:07 pm »
I wouldn't worry too much as it isn't that unusual on a 1st clean.
Reclean them and see how they come up.

Many people will say it is a waste of time, but when you clean customers for the 1st time i find it better to check them later after they have dried.
Getting the 1st clean right is important for your confidence and will keep the customer happy if you haven't done a good job.
The good news is that once they do come up clean with wfp, the chances are they will always come up good in the future.

DaveG

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2009, 05:44:06 pm »
they should be fine when dry mate
You can't polish a turd

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2009, 06:00:08 pm »
TDS from the brush is 000 as it should

There are drops of water that are staying on the glass, they are not marking the windows, but i dont think it should happen.

The windows have not been cleaned for a couple of years either.

Could it be im not brushing the window enough ?

Look again when the windows have dried out properly.  It may not be perfect first time but that's not uncommon.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2009, 06:06:24 pm »
Hi guys,

Cheers

JP

Adders is a member of the forum, he explained that he mixed vinegar into his pure water to turn the windows into glass that sheets, you still have to clean with pure water after though, but the window will be changed for a time into sheeting glass.  TBH though every wfper needs to learn how to clean glass that beads, in the long run I think it's better as on a windy day the glass is less likely to get contaminated by dirt.

Simon.

R W C

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2009, 06:18:53 pm »
Am i missing something here, he says theres droplets left on the window and not white marks, this is perfectly normal as its not going to be instantly dry and the droplets will dry with no problems.

mark dew

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2009, 06:20:34 pm »
Am i missing something here, he says theres droplets left on the window and not white marks, this is perfectly normal as its not going to be instantly dry and the droplets will dry with no problems.

No you aren't missing anything. I did though.  ;D
The glass isn't dry yet so there wasn't a problem in the 1st place.

rz

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2009, 06:20:40 pm »
you seem to be saying there are water droplets left on the windows nothing about spotting or any other marks, this is normal and they should be fine once they have dried.

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2009, 06:51:11 pm »
Well thats one problem solved.... just another 2 to sort out

Thanks guy  :)