This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Moderator David@stives

Re: What do you REALLY need to win that big contract
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2009, 11:49:47 pm »
£3k per clean

Or even less, depends on the client

foxy

« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2009, 08:00:14 pm »
that is premier league
traditional cleaner, shop windows and some pubs.

Window Washers

« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2009, 08:05:17 pm »
After reading some posts it gives me doubts about contnuing the growth of my business, you would expect with 40 employees life would be easier but the impression i get from trevor is its not.

My life has got easier since iv got my second employee but im still in early stages of growth and i took the risk of earning less money but hopefully being able to spend my time helping the business grow.

Iv just currently done my first tendor it was about 200 sites and boy was it hard work, i was lucky to be able to work closely with a pest control company on it but i can see it being a lot of time wasting if your unsuccessful.
with 40 employees I defo would not be working with it, Trevor likes working I think, I would employee someone that gets paid very well to take the hassle away from me.

I could defo see 40 people being a head ache, one I would at the moment I would not like to have.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

seandyer2003

« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2009, 09:52:53 pm »
After reading some posts it gives me doubts about contnuing the growth of my business, you would expect with 40 employees life would be easier but the impression i get from trevor is its not.

My life has got easier since iv got my second employee but im still in early stages of growth and i took the risk of earning less money but hopefully being able to spend my time helping the business grow.

Iv just currently done my first tendor it was about 200 sites and boy was it hard work, i was lucky to be able to work closely with a pest control company on it but i can see it being a lot of time wasting if your unsuccessful.

Was that the window cleaning contract for salford council ronnie??

seandyer2003

« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2009, 10:21:30 pm »
No, but i got the spec , seemed i would of been laughed off if i applied as only been trading 12 months , i spoke to a friend who has done it in the past but he reckoned they wanted someone MEGA cheap and the problem was they were really dirty when they went to do them so it made it slow, but that was int he days of ladders so i reckon wfp should be ok...

Did you look at all the sites??

You on MSN ronnie??

ronnie paton

« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2009, 10:50:33 pm »
dont have it pal, i looked at the sites and some were horrid, but the frequency for them all were different.

it was more to learn what kind of price won to be honest and i can see how far i am and if its worth it.

Mr Formby

« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2009, 11:00:17 pm »
Ronnie
I also got the details for that contract. There were alot of schools, you would of had to take on a few staff to compleate all the work

Trevor
How are you getting on with the Lancaster University job

ronnie paton

« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2009, 11:03:20 pm »
not really, depends on how you schedule, most schools would of been twice a year.
i thought you was from surrey??

Mr Formby

« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2009, 11:04:31 pm »
No Lancashire

seandyer2003

« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2009, 12:43:26 pm »
hiya ronnie , yeah i thought about putting in a price just to see how it compared too others, you gotta be in it to win it eh!

couple of days work a week there..... let us know how the prices come out if you dont mind, would be interesting to know, i have a friend who works in trafford council dealing with tenders and he said that if you put a quote in they are obliged to let you know who wins and the price etc. under freedom of information act :)

good luck anyway

ronnie paton

« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2009, 12:51:50 pm »
cheers, ye i should be able to find out the winning bid, at least ill know how far away i am.

Iv tried to be competitive so we will see, is that course next friday??

trevor perry

« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2009, 02:03:30 pm »
Ronnie
I also got the details for that contract. There were alot of schools, you would of had to take on a few staff to compleate all the work

Trevor
How are you getting on with the Lancaster University job

we only got contract for half of lancaster university did the first clean on it last year, it was filthy some of the windows had been missed for a long time so we spent a lot of time getting frames right then going back on windows, the insides where worse it was like black ink running down when we squeegeed them so took a long time to wipe up properly, every building we did we got comments on what a good job we where doing and you could really see a difference when we had finished. We start this clean round about june so should be a lot easier this year as we have been given the same buildings to clean.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

seandyer2003

« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2009, 06:17:36 pm »
cheers, ye i should be able to find out the winning bid, at least ill know how far away i am.

Iv tried to be competitive so we will see, is that course next friday??

good question mate, im not sure....hope not tho as im off tomorrow and monday :( are you working bank hols???