Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

boshravie

Thermobore (hot hose)
« on: April 03, 2009, 05:01:24 pm »

Hi guys just wondering do any of you use this kind of hose for hot water system and is it really say what it does and are you happy with it?

Regards, Bosh

Mr Formby

Re: Thermobore (hot hose)
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 07:35:03 pm »
I bought the thermobore and to be honest its no different then normal microbore. OK you may loose a certain amount of heat through the hose but its not worth the extra cost

NWH

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 07:37:04 pm »
It retains no more heat than normal microbore,it just has a black thin inner liner and is nothing scientific.

boshravie

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 07:48:31 pm »
Uuuhhhh thanks guys, Gardiner sell them, because I notice when I use my normal minibore it take such a long time to have hot water coming out of my brush, specially in the winter, so I thought of buying it, but if you say it doesn’t make  that much different , I wont buy it then.

Regards,
Bosh

NWH

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 07:52:24 pm »
Uuuhhhh thanks guys, Gardiner sell them, because I notice when I use my normal minibore it take such a long time to have hot water coming out of my brush, specially in the winter, so I thought of buying it, but if you say it doesn’t make  that much different , I wont buy it then.

Regards,
Bosh

Before you start work put a pole hose connector on the end of your microbore and run it for 5 mins back into the tank to pre heat the water,this is what i do in the height of winter.I park up and take the lid off of the tank and what until the water starts to SSSSteam lol.

GWCS

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 07:53:18 pm »

Regards,
Bosh

thats cos you have 100metres (or however much you use) of hose for the hot water to travel through before it gets to you anyway. once the water is hot it wont lose too much heat from heater to brush head.

Using thermo it will keep it at a better temp through the hose.

I suppose the price will weight out over time against gas/diesel costs.

NWH

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 07:56:25 pm »
Thermobore hose is no different to microbore in fact microbore IMO gave a hotter temp at the brush.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 08:15:45 pm »
It retains no more heat than normal microbore,it just has a black thin inner liner and is nothing scientific.

It retains a lot more heat than Microbore.

NWH

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 08:20:08 pm »
The 100 meters i had didn`t.

boshravie

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2009, 08:36:30 pm »
Hi NWH
Unfortunately when I bought my reach & wash system fro Ionic they never bothered to put a cap on my tank so I cant do what you mentioned earlier, but is a very good idea.

Regard
Bosh

boshravie

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2009, 08:42:32 pm »
I wonder if Alex can be kind enough to send me a sample so I can test drive it  :)
I promise Alex to give a unset opinion on this hose, on this forum  :)

Best regard

Bosh 

NWH

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2009, 09:03:09 pm »
Hi NWH
Unfortunately when I bought my reach & wash system fro Ionic they never bothered to put a cap on my tank so I cant do what you mentioned earlier, but is a very good idea.

Regard
Bosh

Drill a small hole into the top of your tank smaller than the diameter of the pole hose EZ snap connector,you can get these with a bolt type thingy on them to stop it going into the tank by mistake.All you need to do then is plug in your micrbore like you are plugging into your pole and run the water back into the tank for 5 mins or so while the water heats up.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2009, 09:04:35 pm »
I wonder if Alex can be kind enough to send me a sample so I can test drive it  :)
I promise Alex to give a unset opinion on this hose, on this forum  :)

Best regard

Bosh 

It had been well test driven already thanks  :) It has been on the market for over a year now and has many happy users. In fact it works so well that others have now copied it.

boshravie

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2009, 09:14:42 pm »
Well many thanks NWH, that’s a fantastic idea. I will do that.
But seriously Alex I want to buy this hose, that’s why I am asking the guys on here to get some feed back that’s all.
And I am sure your products are great, because I have bought quiet a few product from you before and am very happy with them.

I just thought you could be very,very,very kind to send me a sample  :) :)

Regards,
Bosh

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2009, 09:31:51 pm »
Well many thanks NWH, that’s a fantastic idea. I will do that.
But seriously Alex I want to buy this hose, that’s why I am asking the guys on here to get some feed back that’s all.
And I am sure your products are great, because I have bought quiet a few product from you before and am very happy with them.

I just thought you could be very,very,very kind to send me a sample  :) :)

Regards,
Bosh

No problem, how many millimetres would you like?   :D

boshravie

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2009, 09:43:47 pm »
100 meter will do nicely Alex  ;)
This would be close enough  ;D
you soooooooo kind

Regard
Bosh

NWH

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2009, 10:55:39 pm »
Well I can't comment about All thermobore but after three weeks use I returned mine for a full refund. After several tests we found no difference between thermobore and minibore as regards to temp at the brush head. However we found 6mm microbore to  be the best. We think this is because of the reduced ID(6mm) and smaller surface area. Less water flowing over the heat exchanger also increases heat.

The results have surprised us to be honest.
That`s exactly what i was saying it makes 0 difference in temp at the brush and microbore is better if you want hotter water.

boshravie

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2009, 11:03:44 pm »
So what you guys have experience is that microbore is much better than minibore in terms of keeping the heat better ?

Regards
Bosh

NWH

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2009, 11:06:29 pm »
So what you guys have experience is that microbore is much better than minibore in terms of keeping the heat better ?

Regards
Bosh

I will prove to anyone that Thermo hose is no better-different to microbore if want to travel to see for yourself,i was getting hotter water with microbore hose.

boshravie

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2009, 11:20:57 pm »
NWH
Where do you live?
I am based in South east, Brighton to ne exact.

Regard
Bosh