This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stonie

Remote Switches
« on: April 03, 2009, 04:31:49 pm »
Does anyone use those remote control switches they sell on ebay to turn off your water from a key fob? They sound a great idea if they're any good.

Central Window Cleaners

Re: Remote Switches
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 05:16:18 pm »
I bought one and it is useless, as soon as the pressure switch on the pump kicks in it switched itself off.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 05:26:35 pm »
My intro to wfp was Peter Fogwill's trolley system in 2005. It had a remote on off for the pump and it was temperamental at best and rubbish at worst.
It's a game of three halves!

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 06:31:13 pm »
I've tried a few different types,. all said they had a 220' range or more,.. NONE worked reliably at more than 50'. :(

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 06:39:40 pm »
I use one and the range is limited.
The range when turning on is about 100 feet, but off is nearer to 30 feet. And I only got it to turn off at all by moving the aerial a good 5 feet away from the pump. Not brilliant but useful on houses, but not a good replacement for pressure switches

stonie

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 07:47:58 pm »
oh Well I'll continue walking back to the van then.  Thanks for the replies guys

matt

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 08:40:53 pm »
The range when turning on is about 100 feet, but off is nearer to 30 feet. And I only got it to turn off at all by moving the aerial a good 5 feet away from the pump. Not brilliant but useful on houses, but not a good replacement for pressure switches

what setup have you got, i mean the remote etc etc

s.w.c

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 09:50:08 pm »
i did a test run for someone some time way back, at the end of the testing my findings was, good for converting on backpack as i tend to leave it on the floor, well suited to the freedom trolley worked well, i did find that when turning on you could be further away but when batteries are low in remote fob you had to walk back a bit to turn off, i also adapted a better external Ariel to it this improved it greatly the original unit i tested is still on the trolley and not played up and is used everyday still going strong , a tip is to change the batteries in the fob regular as it will effect performance there cheap to buy so i change them every 2mths, as a van set up it worked OK but it will need some adjusting with a Ariel outside the van there is some good tiny mag-mount one out there on the market but i did not go to far down that route as i use the trolley more it just suits my round better,

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2009, 12:22:15 pm »

what setup have you got, i mean the remote etc etc
Sorry not been online
I have a very simple set up, shurflo pump, leisure battery and remote as seen on ebay. If you imagine looking in the van I have the pump on the right, wires run across the base of the tank to the leisure battery, on/off switch and remote sensor. The aerial for the remote has been extended and is feed under the back door trim so that a few inches hang outside.
I have by-passed the pressure switch on my pump as they keep burning out cos I use 100 mtrs of microbore 6mm.
Hope this helps.

s.w.c

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2009, 06:26:09 pm »
you might find this site handy for adapting external Ariel etc.
http://www.simplesolutions-uk.com/index.php?do=products&sub=list&group=18

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2009, 08:03:13 pm »
you might find this site handy for adapting external Ariel etc.
http://www.simplesolutions-uk.com/index.php?do=products&sub=list&group=18
Cheers thanks for that

s.w.c

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2009, 09:03:49 pm »
no probs, crap another secret out the bag :P

windywashers

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2009, 10:05:38 pm »
i brought one and it works perfect!! it works round the back of houses.

you need one which has a switching current more than the max peek current of pump,
surflow is about 6 amp, so one greater than that, mine has a switching current of 10a

im selling it if you want it 20 quid, only cos im getting a double pole switcher