Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ZaNo

Man iv lost all motivation
« on: April 03, 2009, 04:04:22 pm »
For the past couple weeks i cant motivate myself. Seriously i go out and sit in the van for hours before doing anything IF i do anything, and theres all this nice weather, what the hell do i do to get it back! Btw most days im canvassing n cant find my motivation back for that. If im W/C i cant get out the van no probs n crack on. Dam it!!!!!

p1w1

Re: Man iv lost all motivation
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 04:15:12 pm »
i have weeks like that mate i reckon everyone does..it's hard when your working by yourself all the time to keep motivation going if i get like that i will take a couple of days off (whether i'm up to date or not)  and just forget about work then it generally comes back, if its taking ages to get out the van and your not doing much then just take a few days off and recharge the batteries..hang in there

paul

ftp

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 04:18:04 pm »
Same here, cavassing is a horrible part of the job but if you can't get motivated to clean in this weather then you've gone beyond all help.  ;D

JSMC

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 04:31:43 pm »
mate felt like this the other week but was speaking to a membe ron the phone and within the hour i wa supbeat and pout sorting all my wfp and had  a good week this week.

Helen

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 04:38:29 pm »
"I want to be able to buy what i want when i want (with in reason) and not cack my pants wonderin if my cards gonna get declined and then say its the banks fault n walk off.

also id like to treat £100 like its pocket change! "

You wrote it and that should be your motivation ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 05:28:33 pm »
If you act enthusiastic generally you will soon feel enthusiatic - so fake it! ;D
It's a game of three halves!

johns window kleen

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 05:53:12 pm »
Buy a new bit of kit. A good pole or something that you want to try out.
Works for me.
Might bring the spark back.

Just keep goin, dont quit.
 ;)

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 06:11:52 pm »
For the past couple weeks i cant motivate myself. Seriously i go out and sit in the van for hours before doing anything IF i do anything, and theres all this nice weather, what the hell do i do to get it back! Btw most days im canvassing n cant find my motivation back for that. If im W/C i cant get out the van no probs n crack on. Dam it!!!!!

That's usually an early warning sign that I need some sort of holiday.  Doesn't have to be expensive for me.  I've driven 300 miles beforee now and spent a few days in a friend's spare room.  Change of scenery did me the world of good.

simon knight

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 06:37:12 pm »

Aaah! Motivation.

Tough one for me as well (cos' deep down I really hate this job).

I tend to leave home at 8.30 and swear on a stack of bibles that I won't return until 2.30 (earliest)...and being a God fearing man this keeps me on the streets...and funnily enough being out on the streets you DO earn...almost impossible not to!

That said; on Wednesday I did an early (for me) 8am job and driving back home I thought: "It's a beautiful day, my daughter is on holiday...let's spend the day together."

We drove down to Brighton, spend a few hours in the Lanes, ate ice-creams, doughnuts and whelks (urgh!), had a superb fish lunch on the pier, played the "slots"...and lost! and drove back in time to cook a spag bol for dinner (Mrs K most impressed).

Actually thinking about it I don't hate this job...it rocks? ;D ;D

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2009, 06:48:13 pm »
I do understand at times this is a dull, dull job.

How about if you imagine all that dosh that's waiting for you, just waiting?
Commit yourself to just doing 2 hours work and try and see how much you can get done it that time, you'll soon get the buzz back.
Or alternatively think of all those hungry newbies who want your work, and if you don't do it...

ZaNo

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2009, 06:55:29 pm »
Yeah, i Just dunno what it is, Its mainly when i gotta canvass, but the thing is imo im great at it! so its not that, that getting me down, i just feel that i dont want to have to stoop that low as to knocking onto someones door beggin for work. i mean thats just the way i see it, i understand its the way to build your business, its just my van seat feels, well... you know....alot ''better?''

jefftemperley

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2009, 07:11:37 pm »
bottom line is window cleaning is a boring , solitary job for us,  however the upside is days like ive had today,

i earnt very good money by 12 oclock
i went home and took my baby (20mths) girl on a bike ride had a cracking pub lunch with her in the sun and went to the park.

this job gives freedom most people never experience in their working life.
it can pay better than most trades (i was a bricklayer )

if you stick with it or even promise yourself to do at least 4 hours a day you can still do as well as being  ''in a proper job''

never think your lowering yourself with doorknocking or cleaning windows, you are in business, your in charge, no-one can say anything to you to get you sacked.
most people in proper jobs have to bow down  to someone somewhere ......... ,isnt it nice that if anyone pees you off we dont have to lower ourselves by taking crap from anyone?

i dont enjoy cleaning windows
but i love the benefits  focus on them to keep motivated
bad weather always looks worse through dirty windows

weetot

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2009, 07:35:35 pm »
Ive went through this stage for 26 years of windowcleaning, you just got to get out the van mate, its just a phase.

I usually take a week off to recharge and get me head straight!!   Good luck
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

peter holley

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2009, 07:57:26 pm »
stop moaning! go and get a proper 9-5 job ....listen to ur new boss and keep hiting the targets given....you have to as the ones who dont perform are losing their jobs....
you may even get that promotion to £25k a year ....lol ::)

sorry about the sarcasm .... i struggle with the boredom sometimes....
i moved to a nice new developement last year... nice 4 bed detached houses... my new neighbours are police men, teachers, asccountants etc.... their wifes have to work full time,

.i work school hours, and my wife works only 10 hours a week. im home long before all my neighbours , they dont get home till late,.... they must often wonder how a window cleaner can live in the same area , working half the hours and have a misses  just working part time.... lol :-*

this job is about being rich in other areas....quality time with family, getting out of the rat race....having time to do things...

STICK AT IT . WORK HARD . THINK OF THE POSITIVES....ENJOY YOUR LIFE!

peter holley

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2009, 09:25:48 pm »
lol im not popular :) :D

Mr Formby

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2009, 09:34:24 pm »
What is there not to like about this job
You go out when you want
Charge what you want
Finish when you want
If you dont like a job  dont do it again.

mci services

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2009, 11:00:02 pm »
what motovated me was the sherriff officers at my door with a final  demand for council tax arrears :'( :'( i soon got motivated then as they wee threating bankruptcy and arresting my bank account etc. next day i did more work than i had ever done and continue doing so. sometimes you need to hit rock bottom before you realise this is a great job 8)

martinsadie

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2009, 11:06:17 pm »
get a mattress for the back of the van then you can lie down and get more comfy  ;D ;D ;D

pjulk

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2009, 11:36:32 pm »
If it's canvassing thats getting you down delivery leaflets instead it may take longer but you will be happier

pingu

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2009, 07:28:02 am »
Just get a stack of leaflets and break it all down into bite size chunks....

Promise yourself that you'll leaflet at least 20 houses (if there are that many) in every street you clean in..alternativly say knock on 5 doors and leaflet the rest each time you clean thus still doing the same thing but in smaller hits.

Got a hobby...is there that special widget thing that you can just not do without?...go out with the intention of not making the money for the business but getting that extra couple of customers just to pay for that new thingy.

This year I have got 1 customer that every time I clean it I put that money away every 8 weeks and when I get enough I'll get the g/f that special thing she has always wanted (no comments please gentlemen ;)).

Yep...this job is boring at times...I suppose I am glad I am pretty dense as I can at times switch off...

Cheers and good luck...

ps...if all this fails...I could really do with a Wii system...so get a customer and buy me one !!