This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

groundhog

Re: Man iv lost all motivation
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2009, 06:24:19 pm »
For the last 3 weeks I have decided to work a three day week, I then really focus all my efforts on those three days, Tues, Weds, Thurs, and its amazing what you can get done when you know that you only have those three days to get the work done, in fact I have been earning more than when I was working five days!! Then you have a nice 4 day weekend to look forward too, and do the things that you want to do!!! It works for me!  ;) Give it a try!

martinsadie

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2009, 06:34:52 pm »
wouldnt mon to wed be better in case of bad weather thurs fri  ;D ;D

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2009, 07:51:05 pm »
We've all done the spin your work out over 5 days thing, life's better (for me anyway) if I cram all my work in 4 hard days, and then take 3 off, I could coast along but then I wouldn't have any freedom.
I put my head down and work like stink for 4 days, focusing on the prize of friday off.
Love it

NWH

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2009, 08:33:11 pm »
For the last 3 weeks I have decided to work a three day week, I then really focus all my efforts on those three days, Tues, Weds, Thurs, and its amazing what you can get done when you know that you only have those three days to get the work done, in fact I have been earning more than when I was working five days!! Then you have a nice 4 day weekend to look forward too, and do the things that you want to do!!! It works for me!  ;) Give it a try!
How`s it going with your new employee.

groundhog

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2009, 08:51:20 pm »
Hi NWH, my employee is on a 3 Month trial at the moment. We are getting on well, but I have to say that he is struggling to keep up with me, and expects to have a break in the morning and afternoon, and a 45 minute lunch break!!!! I keep telling him that breaks are for wimps, and time is money! but he dosn't seem to get it! But he seems quite happy to plod along on £10 an hour, although I would happily pay more for more productivity! At the end of the day I get a little bit more done with him there and he does a good job, I'll have to do the sums to see if its worthwhile keeping him on.  :-\ 

Window Washers

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2009, 09:10:16 pm »
Hi NWH, my employee is on a 3 Month trial at the moment. We are getting on well, but I have to say that he is struggling to keep up with me, and expects to have a break in the morning and afternoon, and a 45 minute lunch break!!!! I keep telling him that breaks are for wimps, and time is money! but he dosn't seem to get it! But he seems quite happy to plod along on £10 an hour, although I would happily pay more for more productivity! At the end of the day I get a little bit more done with him there and he does a good job, I'll have to do the sums to see if its worthwhile keeping him on.  :-\ 
drop his wage to basic plus comission he will soon work faster  ;)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2009, 09:14:52 pm »
Whats your turnover of staff been like in the last year ww?

Window Washers

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2009, 09:23:22 am »
Whats your turnover of staff been like in the last year ww?

Their work output or people I have employed ?
if it is the first then 1/3 up, the second I still have my staff, also have 2 more people wanting a job so all good

My motivation is money and time management.
I get days where I ask myself if it is worth all the hassle, and I still do it seems to happen every year
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

chrismroberts

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2009, 09:34:37 am »
Sheer desperation for cash has been my motivation for the past year or so  :P Have been completely skint, and only really dawned on me a year or so ago that if I actually work a bit harder, I don't have to float around in the doldrums, barely paying my bills....

Set yourself targets... for example, an earning target for the end of the year, a posh holiday, a new car... something that needs saving up for, and tell yourself you'll buy it with cash, can keep you going!