This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

pjulk

Professional Indemnity Insurance
« on: April 03, 2009, 12:11:21 pm »
I have won a contract with my local council.

And they sent me the contract to look over before i sign and in one section it says.

The contractor shall procure and maintain Professional Indemnity Insurance to cover its liability under the contract in respect to the service with a minimum level of indemnity of £250,000 per claim or series of claims.

They also want to see my public liability which is fine.

Now can someone tell me is this Professional Indemnity Insurance a differant insurance to public liability.

pjulk

Re: What is Professional Indemnity Insurance
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 12:27:08 pm »
Thanks matt looks like i'm not covered then  >:(

Arrhhhh

Trying to get this sorted with simply business and go through the quotes and select Professional Indemnity

Then it just come up with public liability and say Professional Indemnity Insurance not covered  >:(

Must get back to work try and get this sorted tonight

GWCS

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 03:19:20 pm »

Arrhhhh

Trying to get this sorted with simply business and go through the quotes and select Professional Indemnity

Then it just come up with public liability and say Professional Indemnity Insurance not covered  >:(

their website always pee's me off, i tried that for van insurance once and kept getting PL insurance..phone them instead..

pjulk

Re: Professional Indemnity Insurance
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 08:39:11 pm »
I have spoke to simply business and they said that  Professional Indemnity Insurance is not relavant to my business so will have to contact the council monday and see what they have to say.

Strange the council asked if it's not relavant

Window Washers

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 10:08:10 pm »

Arrhhhh

their website always pee's me off, i tried that for van insurance once and kept getting PL insurance..phone them instead..
little tip, is add a load of other things in there, and they call you. I use them myself and they called me  ;) as I got the same hassle, wanted to make sure take was covered as not on there dropdown menu
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)