This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

pjulk

For those who do both WFP and Traditional
« on: April 02, 2009, 09:43:02 pm »
I notice a lot of post come up about what detergents the best for traditional and fairy always springs up in there somewhere.

I was wondering those who use both methods do any of you use fairy.

I might change back to fairy for traditional as i prefer it but sometime if im low on water i will clean downstairs traditional and next time WFP.

Now if i was to use fairy would this leave spotting as im sure i seen on here a while back that it would but im not so sure.

macmac

Re: For those who do both WFP and Traditional
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 09:45:50 pm »
Paul
You say you prefere fairy so what are you using now?

kris martin

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 09:50:02 pm »
there is no contest fairy is terrible, you want to get some persil and second choice would be morning fresh

darragh windows

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 09:52:26 pm »
stardrops is good for changing from wfp to trad and back
jamie

kris martin

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 09:54:22 pm »
i find if you have used soap the time before then it just needs a better rinse this time around

pjulk

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 10:09:50 pm »
Macmac said -
Paul

Im using squeegie off at the moment but have also used GG3 + 4  and unger liquid and i'm sure there was another one i tried but can't remember the name.

and i just prefer fairy.

pjulk

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 10:12:14 pm »
darragh windows said -
stardrops is good for changing from wfp to trad and back

Thanks darragh i will get some this weekend when i take the wife shopping and give it a go.

macmac

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 10:15:22 pm »
Macmac said -
Paul

Im using squeegie off at the moment but have also used GG3 + 4  and unger liquid and i'm sure there was another one i tried but can't remember the name.

and i just prefer fairy.

Try this Paul (if you have them)
25ml of squeegee off + 5ml of GG3/4 in 8 to 10 ltrs of water.

I used to use fairy but couldn't go back to it now. I did revert back to it once when I left my bucket at home & had to cadge some from a custy, it just confirmed my thoughts. ;)

DaveG

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 10:17:54 pm »
I only do a very small amount of trad work these days, but when i do i just use whatever washing up liquid is available.

At the moment im using Asda own brand and its just as good as Fairy in my opinion..

Ive used that GG3 in the past but, like i said, i only do a very small amount of trad work and its not worth shelling out loads of money for it!
You can't polish a turd

pjulk

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009, 10:25:25 pm »
Macmac
I will try that i will have to get somemore glass gleam though as when i ran out i didn't replace it.

macmac

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2009, 10:30:48 pm »
Macmac
I will try that i will have to get somemore glass gleam though as when i ran out i didn't replace it.

I can't use GG3 on it's own (unless i put the whole bottle in) as there's not enough slip. Squeegee off has enough slip but lacks a tad of shine. Add them together & it makes for a super & very usable solution. ;)

mci services

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2009, 10:35:10 pm »
i honestly think we worry to much, i use fairy trad and wfp, and have on occasion did a job or two trad that would normally be wfp, and never had a complaint when going back to wfp

pjulk

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2009, 10:37:55 pm »
I totally agree gg3 and 4 are good but like you said not enough slip unless you put loads in but does have a good shine.

And i agree with the squeegie off also excellent slip but does lack a bit of shine.

I did add some fairy to GG4 once but was not that impressed.

So that will probably make the perfect solution...
Now why didn't i try that before  >:(

macmac

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2009, 10:38:51 pm »
i honestly think we worry to much, i use fairy trad and wfp, and have on occasion did a job or two trad that would normally be wfp, and never had a complaint when going back to wfp

I agree with that too, I regularly do trad then wfp after & did so when I used fairy too, never had a problem.

pjulk

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2009, 10:40:07 pm »
stu-mac said

Exactly what i thought.

and if you run out all shops sell it.

dave0123

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2009, 11:11:56 pm »
Is that stuff they sell in B & Q squeegee off? its an own brand now but it looks the same?
Dave.

mci services

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2009, 11:26:04 pm »
stu-mac said

Exactly what i thought.

and if you run out all shops sell it.
i converted 50% of my round from fairy to wfp without a problem the other 50% i still do trad but slowly converting that as well but to be honest i couldnt care what liquid i use they all do the same thing and as you say just buy it from the local shop ;D

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2009, 01:07:58 am »
Is that stuff they sell in B & Q squeegee off? its an own brand now but it looks the same?
yes its the same , as is ecover washing up liquid except theres no colour in the ecover give it a try .
where theres muck theres money

Londoner

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2009, 07:38:04 am »
Fairy has lanolin in it ( for the hands not the dishes) which stays on the glass and so the windows get dirty again quicker.

This is either good or bad according to your point of view.

I used Squeegie Off for years but last time I went to get some my supplier was out so I bought Unger Liquid instead and I have been very pleased with the results.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2009, 09:01:43 am »
I've a few shops that I normally WFP, but if parking isn't available I have to trad. I tried fairy on them, and the next time I WFP'd them it took twice as long rinsing all the bubbles away. I've gone back to GG3, but found of all the washing up liquids, the ecover one seems to leave the least residue.