Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cybersye

wcw backpack problem
« on: April 02, 2009, 07:39:14 pm »
just took delivery of the backpack yesterday
have had it on charge for 24 hrs as per instructions
charger has 2 lights, says charge in red and stop in green
when i plugged it in to charge the light went straight to green
I've left it 24 hrs and unplugged it , no power !
plugged it back in, light still green switch it on and pump works and the charger light goes red !  ???
Whats wrong with it ?
not impressed  :'(

tomy jackson

Re: wcw backpack problem
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 08:52:10 pm »
lose wire

cybersye

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 09:02:25 pm »
yeah maybe
it just does'nt seem right and brand new, should'nt the light go red for charging and green when its charged ? When its plugged into the charger the pump works  ???
I know I can dismantle it and check the wiring but I'm reluctant to do this as its new. I'll ring wcw tomorrow when theyre open but just wondered if someone with the backpack on here knew what the problem was.
cheers
Simon

Darren O

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 09:34:23 pm »
When i charged mine for the first time plugged in the charger then connected it to the backpack the red light came on left it for over 24hrs and it was still red never went to green but its working fine but its anoying you dont no if its fully charged or not.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 09:39:47 pm »
They are simple to open up and repair. Prob just the connector come off a battery terminal.

cybersye

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 10:02:08 pm »
thanks everyone, its sorted  ;D
took it apart and yes a wire had come off the battery  ::)
I'm not normally such a numpty but when somethings new you expect it to work out the box !
Can't say I'm overly impressed. Think I'll be buying some better spade connectors for it, the last thing I want to be doing is taking it all apart whilst out working to reconnect something. Also the screw top lid does'nt seem to thread on very well. Guess its the same old "you get what you pay for".
Time will tell but fortunately its only for occasional access problems.
cheers
Simon

macmac

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 10:07:56 pm »
I'm not normally such a numpty but when somethings new you expect it to work out the box !
Can't say I'm overly impressed. Think I'll be buying some better spade connectors for it, the last thing I want to be doing is taking it all apart whilst out working to reconnect something. Also the screw top lid does'nt seem to thread on very well. Guess its the same old "you get what you pay for".
cheers
Simon

Just read this & then looked at your statement at the foot of your posts! ;D

cybersye

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 10:17:09 pm »
cheers
Simon

ha ha  ;D
never said I was a good workman though  ;D

macmac

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 10:32:53 pm »
cheers
Simon

ha ha  ;D
never said I was a good workman though  ;D

Nice  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Craig 72

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 08:27:50 am »
I got my wcw backpack saturday and had the same kind of problem.This time a wire had been cut with what can only have been snips.Don't know if anybody from WCW comes on here but maybe they should look into this.I'll be ringing them later anyway.Sounds like they might have somebody in their midst playing silly buggers.

MNWC

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2009, 03:25:41 pm »
got mine a couple of weeks ago ....it works great  ;D

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2009, 05:46:08 pm »
I got my wcw backpack saturday and had the same kind of problem.This time a wire had been cut with what can only have been snips.Don't know if anybody from WCW comes on here but maybe they should look into this.I'll be ringing them later anyway.Sounds like they might have somebody in their midst playing silly buggers.

I got 2 of these backpacks from spectra tools, and had the same problem with one. 5 minute fix,.. but its the guys in China messing up, not WCW staff!
:)

tacky

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2009, 08:43:10 pm »
ar they any cheaper from spectra tools

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2009, 10:52:55 pm »
They were last year,.. not sure now as the exchange rate  has affected prices.

cybersye

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2009, 06:57:38 am »
so were the hudson ones available on e bay although they no longer seem availble there.
Will be out using mine this morning for the first time, whoop  ;D