This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

d s windowcleaning

is there a way
« on: April 02, 2009, 03:29:11 pm »
is there a way a pressure switch can be checked to see if its still working it on a shurflo pump ?
where theres muck theres money

Central Window Cleaners

Re: is there a way
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 03:42:29 pm »
Not sure how you can test it but the switch itself can be replaced for £1.50 from Maplins.

Only took 10 minutes to replace, just be careful when you take it apart cos the springs popout.

EZclean

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 03:56:35 pm »
have you got a link or product/part number? think i need one. but i'm not sure, worth a try for a coulpe of quid. dont fancy paying 25quid delivered for shurflo one
EZclean - Cleaner Than Water

pjulk

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 03:57:39 pm »
I had that the spring pop out on my flojet and i think something else did too never did find the bits so now i have a pump i can't use  >:(

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 04:31:54 pm »
I took the top off a pump and it all went pinging everywhere.
So I threw it in the air and bought another one. ;D

I've got a few bust pumps in my van which probably all perfectly fixable.

john tomkins

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 04:48:33 pm »
is there a way a pressure switch can be checked to see if its still working it on a shurflo pump ?

Shut the flow off on the outlet from the pump and the pump should stop when the pressure builds up, if it's don't it's knackered

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 05:01:14 pm »

Shut the flow off on the outlet from the pump and the pump should stop when the pressure builds up, if it's don't it's knackered

would the pump still work even if the pressure switch is no good ?

john tomkins

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 05:21:00 pm »

Yes, all it does is stop the pump once the cut off pressure is reached, if it don't cut off then it will probably blow all your connectors

EZclean

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 05:30:11 pm »
what if the pump cut off in mid flow of a clean, and then did a squirt every few seconds, then after maybe a minute it started again, but sometimes have to turn flow controller off and on to restart it. ? could that be the pressure switch also  ???
or something else

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009, 05:35:01 pm »

Yes, all it does is stop the pump once the cut off pressure is reached, if it don't cut off then it will probably blow all your connectors
im getting nothing at all from my pump checked all the wires , fuse ect and theres nothing at all so have you any idea what the problem could be ?

twt

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2009, 06:07:38 pm »
what if the pump cut off in mid flow of a clean, and then did a squirt every few seconds, then after maybe a minute it started again, but sometimes have to turn flow controller off and on to restart it. ? could that be the pressure switch also  ???
or something else
This sounds like your battery needs charging.

john tomkins

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2009, 06:08:29 pm »
Could try just connecting the pump straight to the battery. If it works then the pressure switch is faulty

dai

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2009, 01:50:17 pm »
or something else
Are you using the digital Varistream? I had a similar problem caused by setting the pressure too low.
Selecting A will not work on my system without giving the problem you described.
Selecting B with a flowrate of 5 works perfect on my system.

wightsurf

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2009, 04:41:55 pm »
Has anyone found the pressure switch at maplins ? As i have had a look and can't find it.

john tomkins

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2009, 05:35:46 pm »
Has anyone found the pressure switch at maplins ? As i have had a look and can't find it.
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=6453

wightsurf

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2009, 07:28:17 pm »
Thanks John

wightsurf

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2009, 10:36:34 pm »
I have had a look at these switches and which one do i get? I have a 100 psi pump. Also is it very hard to put one of these switches in.

Thanks for any advice.

EZclean

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2009, 12:31:38 am »
or something else
Are you using the digital Varistream? I had a similar problem caused by setting the pressure too low.
Selecting A will not work on my system without giving the problem you described.
Selecting B with a flowrate of 5 works perfect on my system.

i'm using an ecoflow, much like the variflo but blue. it acts very strangely like its a mind of its own. sometimes well nearly a couple of times everyday, it'll go full pelt. not normal full like when getting rid of airlocks, this is like a turbo. it goes mad! then when its turned down it doesn't slow down till you get past half way, then it kind of switches on and off really quickly while still throwing loads of water out. i'm thinkin i need to replace it wth a digital like yours dai