Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

as above

every 4 weeks
52.7%
68 (52.7%)
every 6 weeks
24%
31 (24%)
every 8 weeks
10.1%
13 (10.1%)
every 12 weeks
0.8%
1 (0.8%)
other
12.4%
16 (12.4%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Lee Pryor

what frequency do you clean?
« on: March 30, 2009, 06:39:07 pm »
what is your most common frequency?
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Re: what frequency do you clean?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 06:45:44 pm »
I let my custies decide, most are 4 weeks but I have weekly jobs 2 weekly, 3,4,6,8 and even 3 monthly. prob about 85% are 4 weekly.

elite mike

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 06:48:21 pm »
depends on the weather etc

but used to be 6 to 8 weeks

but since wfp , i can fly round ;)

andyatkinson

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 06:52:16 pm »
99.9% 4 weekly, dont understand 6 weekly maybe im missing somethin but i cant be arsed drivin back to an area for 1 house or so , 8 weeks is esy coz u miss it one time and do it the next time when you are there anyway. i never ever mention frequency options to a new customer i tell them i come every 4 weeks if they ask for 8 thats fine but if i mention it first it gives them the option and id rather not. i just word it, " would you like me to come every 4 weeks when i do the others?" they nearly always say yes, noone wants to be the odd one out :)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 06:52:56 pm »
I've been 4 weekly since I started, but now 80% of jobs I pick up want it 8 weekly.

Monthly is too often for people these days.
I want to fill out my round so that I can go 6 weekly.
The alternative is 12 weeks, and that's a bit long, so i reckon it will suit most.

One area I've picked up I started them at 6 weekly, which wasn't easy before I used George to remind me!

cozy

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 06:59:23 pm »
I've been 4 weekly since I started, but now 80% of jobs I pick up want it 8 weekly.

The alternative is 12 weeks, and that's a bit long, so i reckon it will suit most.

One area I've picked up I started them at 6 weekly, which wasn't easy before I used George to remind me!
Sqeak,
Is that a sign of the times or what?

Tosh

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 07:00:27 pm »
I clean calandar monthly for most of my accounts, but as Squeaky says (and I agree with him which is a rarity), I find this is a bit too frequent; especially if the accounts are 'well priced';  so I'm normally late; maybe 5 weeks.

For bigger stuff I price the account well and do it every-other-month.  I find this keeps the account well paid and keeps the customer happy.

Tosh

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 07:01:57 pm »

Sqeak,
Is that a sign of the times or what?

No, I think it's the amount you charge.  There's still guys here who clean every two weeks and charge a small amount.

But if you charge a larger amount, the customer won't want to see you too frequently.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 07:02:04 pm »

Now my round is "full" I offer monthly or two monthly
It's a game of three halves!

GWCS

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 07:04:25 pm »
99.9% 4 weekly, dont understand 6 weekly maybe im missing somethin but i cant be arsed drivin back to an area for 1 house or so , 8 weeks is esy coz u miss it one time and do it the next time when you are there anyway. i never ever mention frequency options to a new customer i tell them i come every 4 weeks if they ask for 8 thats fine but if i mention it first it gives them the option and id rather not. i just word it, " would you like me to come every 4 weeks when i do the others?" they nearly always say yes, noone wants to be the odd one out :)

yeah same, and if they do ask for 6 weeks, i just say i'll do it 8 weeks. My old 6 weeks are now 8 weeks anyway.

andyatkinson

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009, 07:05:17 pm »
agree with u on that tosh although i only really do every 4 weeks i do feel more comfortable turnin up a week late every now and then as 4 weeks does go fast!

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2009, 07:11:43 pm »
Most of my resi work is 4 weeks in theory, but I always runa a week or two late, cos of my commercial work. Which I think works well, never get a 'Not today thanks' cos they are waiting for me to come.
 ;D
That is one issue with WFP it does such a good job that some people think they only need it doing every two months....

bad trippy

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2009, 07:37:06 pm »
Spot on in everything you have said
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

Darren O

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2009, 07:57:10 pm »
99% every 2 weeks.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2009, 08:13:48 pm »
every five weeks.
hi to everybody new to this forum ;) ;)

Tosh

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2009, 08:23:33 pm »
every five weeks.
hi to everybody new to this forum ;) ;)

Welcome to the forum Bigpole!  We've all got big pole's these days though mine's not as big as Jeff Brimble's.

I hope you're not a Troll!  ;) ;)

kris martin

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2009, 08:27:44 pm »
half 2 weeks and half 4, at 4 weeks there windows are very dirty so when i do my fortnightly's im not a window cleaner im a window keep cleaner  :)

pingu

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2009, 08:48:25 pm »
8 weekly and each clean is scheduled to the day..

kris martin

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2009, 08:54:11 pm »
half 2 weeks and half 4, at 4 weeks there windows are very dirty so when i do my fortnightly's im not a window cleaner im a window keep cleaner  :)
my work runs like clockwork and has done since christmas, so not missed a thing this year..   shouldnt of said that (spoke to soon as the saying goes)

The Seven Bays Window Cleaning Company

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2009, 03:42:15 am »
Just moved everyone to 5 and 10 weekly from 4 to 8 weekly cleans.

Everyones happy, and it allows me to take on more customers :)
THE SEVEN BAYS WINDOW CLEANING COMPANY