Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tosh

Re: going fully legit????
« Reply #140 on: March 30, 2009, 06:49:12 pm »
lol me too, that why I leave it to the accountants, capital allowances? - that the tax offices way of not giving your all your tax back on a 10k car right away and giving it over a number of years?

Should we not get interest for that loan  ;D

Capital allowances make sense.  If you buy an item with a life expectancy of two-years; you should deduct the payment over two years.  I can see the 'method behind the madness' with capital allowances.

« Reply #141 on: March 30, 2009, 06:52:06 pm »
I know, but then you sell it before its life expectancy is up and blashhhivvffficupp.

williamx

« Reply #142 on: March 30, 2009, 07:03:44 pm »
that will never happen mate  :D

Never say never ::) especiially with the taxman.

When I first started out, my local tax office wanted me to get my customers to sign a reciept book confirming how much they have paid me including tips :o

I told them to get stuffed ;D I have not heard from them since.

Also the tips thing is a real rip-off, I have to declare all my tips yet I cannot claim for the christmas gifts I give my customers, unless it promotinal material like pens and so on.

« Reply #143 on: March 30, 2009, 07:18:40 pm »
Most old people are reluctant to use bank as it is never mind online bank transfers or cheque books. Also cheques might not suit people when they don’t know exactly when it’s coming out.

The government has had plenty of bad ideas in the past, but that would take the biscuit.  :)

kris martin

« Reply #144 on: March 30, 2009, 08:34:15 pm »
The taxman and the goverment are considering outlawing customers paying cash, instead they want them to pay by cheque or bank transfer.
that will never happen because there are far to many businesses out there where cash is the only option.

seandyer2003

« Reply #145 on: March 30, 2009, 08:37:40 pm »
The taxman and the goverment are considering outlawing customers paying cash, instead they want them to pay by cheque or bank transfer.

Couldnt happen and would only encourage illegitimate businesses

seandyer2003

« Reply #146 on: March 30, 2009, 08:39:18 pm »
Do you know how many businesses would go under from having to use a odq machine!! It takes 2-3 % of what goes through, some businesses like salons, and suntan places etc couldnt manage with that!

kris martin

« Reply #147 on: March 30, 2009, 08:41:56 pm »
do you know what i wouldnt mind having one of those machines for my business for all them i havnt got any CHANGE people.

richywilts

« Reply #148 on: March 30, 2009, 09:42:25 pm »
you will all be pleased to know that iv been to my accountant today and we have a meeting on friday morning, was worth goin as my tax rebate was there for £1400 from when i fitted fascias ;D ;D ;D

so hopefully everything can be put in place ready for when i return off holiday for a new start.

cheers for all the positive comments im glad you all stood by me and can see that im trying to get my head round things!!
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

Chris B

« Reply #149 on: March 30, 2009, 09:49:13 pm »
Good luck richy ;)

seandyer2003

« Reply #150 on: March 31, 2009, 09:22:28 am »
you will all be pleased to know that iv been to my accountant today and we have a meeting on friday morning, was worth goin as my tax rebate was there for £1400 from when i fitted fascias ;D ;D ;D

so hopefully everything can be put in place ready for when i return off holiday for a new start.

cheers for all the positive comments im glad you all stood by me and can see that im trying to get my head round things!!

Lucky B*****D, wish i got a rebate :(

Helen

« Reply #151 on: March 31, 2009, 11:51:39 am »

Just being inquisitive here. Am I reading this right that the rebate was with the accountant? If so why? All our rebates have come directly to us in one form or another. The rebate suggests that the fascia work was on self employment terms, or it would have come through a p.a.y.e. system, so if that's right, did you register as S/E then Richy, cos if you did and you haven't de-registered since then you should be ok with that part and just need to catch up with your returns from last year.... :)

kenaltobelli

« Reply #152 on: March 31, 2009, 07:25:32 pm »
only posting to keep it going to 33 pages but good look richy keep the faith

matt

« Reply #153 on: March 31, 2009, 07:30:05 pm »

Just being inquisitive here. Am I reading this right that the rebate was with the accountant? If so why? All our rebates have come directly to us in one form or another. The rebate suggests that the fascia work was on self employment terms, or it would have come through a p.a.y.e. system, so if that's right, did you register as S/E then Richy, cos if you did and you haven't de-registered since then you should be ok with that part and just need to catch up with your returns from last year.... :)

good call

that 1400 rebate must be from S E status

thus you are regsistered with the tax office

richywilts

« Reply #154 on: March 31, 2009, 08:25:24 pm »
yeah i was on self employed terms when fitting fascias i deregistered about 18months back when we had no work coming in, i thought there was more too it when actually running a business of your own this is one area which is my negative point knowing the law etc and taxes the lads i worked with took me thru setting up my last self employment status etc.

but it will all be getting sorted on friday,cant wait to get going fully and hope this holiday perks me up could to do with nice bit of sun missed a holiday last year with me son being born!!
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

rhys11

« Reply #155 on: March 31, 2009, 09:33:54 pm »
not untill we hear what the accountant said :o ::) ;D

lol ;D
rhys

AuRavelling79

« Reply #156 on: May 30, 2013, 05:22:00 pm »
i set out and began last august but had a few setbacks along the way and havent really ran things full time yet i.e not earning a regular weekly wage that i could live off. i was planning on going fully legit paying taxes etc at start of april beginning of tax year, wat things do i have to do to be a fully legitimate business what pointers do you all suggest,im meant to be seeing accountant but hes been busy with all the tax returns etc.

iv got no excuses im all set to go this year got website done, new leaflets and vans getting signwritten next few weeks.so i should begin to pick up regular amounts of work to push me towards becoming a full timer.

also im not a dole cheat etc i dont sign on.

any advice would be appreciated

cheers richy

:-X
It's a game of three halves!

Ste b

« Reply #157 on: May 30, 2013, 06:15:38 pm »
Gold if window cleaning stops working out youd be a good private detective  ;)

Well spotted tho , does say it all realy
The purpose of life is to have a life full of purpose

JamesAJF

« Reply #158 on: May 30, 2013, 11:08:58 pm »
if u earn less then 9 grand a year u wont get tax and if u do u will only get taxed on what u earn over this.
bish bash bosh

G Griffin

« Reply #159 on: May 30, 2013, 11:16:07 pm »
if u earn less then 9 grand a year u wont get tax and if u do u will only get taxed on what u earn over this.

What time does Tokyo open, James?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐