Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: going fully legit????
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2009, 04:55:57 pm »
If the window cleaning doesn't work. i hear HBoS are looking for someone with your business experiance ;D ;D ;D

jonisondell

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2009, 05:12:22 pm »
i think hes robert maxwell's son ;D

foxy

« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2009, 05:14:29 pm »
where has helens post gone?
traditional cleaner, shop windows and some pubs.

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2009, 05:18:54 pm »
So....You can afford a van,A website,Signwriting, Leaflets and you are now going on a holiday.

But you have not paid tax's ect.

Be very carefull :o

Bob
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2009, 05:20:12 pm »
Hope that all goes well with the re-launch.

Just bear in mind if your start date is April 09 you wont be able to claim any expenses before this date, so everything you have bought you wont get tax relief on.

Remember to put the filter on when taking advice too. Some like the sound of their own voice.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2009, 05:26:11 pm »
Its quite simple really, If you have earned money from self employment you have to declare it and pay tax on it.

It doesnt matter if it is £10 or £10'000, you have to pay tax on it.

My advice would be to go and see an accountant on Monday and tell him everything including that  you have told everyone on a public forum you have undeclared income.

trevor povey

« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2009, 05:28:13 pm »
OK I use to do a bit of private detective work during the last recession so I,ve been doing a bit of head scratching and heres my take on this rather bizare admitance.

Richy Wilts...this is your get out of jail card.... your lass has  obviousley  caught you with your pants down with her mother/sister/brother or german shepherd the whole things gone completley pear shaped, shes kicked you out to spend a night in the van...shes then cracked your password for CIU  and started this thread....So basically we need to hear from YOU to confirm something along these lines to clear the matter ..just don,t admit to the dog :-\  :-\ :-\ woof woof.....Povey

« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2009, 05:33:50 pm »
richywilts has quite sensibly been conducting market research and investigating his local market with due diligence before he commits himself, and his tax position for the forseeable future.

He has done nothing wrong.This is called test marketing and big biz does it usually at a loss with no tax consequences at all. A website owner is hardly someone trying to hide from the taxman.

When a turnover is very low, such as might be expected from someone trialing a new business venture prior to a full launch full disclosure is not required. It has cost him more in website and van signage and ladders than he has earned, and he may yet decide not to proceed.

« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2009, 05:48:44 pm »
Its quite simple really, If you have earned money from self employment you have to declare it and pay tax on it.

It doesnt matter if it is £10 or £10'000, you have to pay tax on it.

My advice would be to go and see an accountant on Monday and tell him everything including that  you have told everyone on a public forum you have undeclared income.

This is your best advice, you should have registered within 3 months, and as you said have not, even though you wont pay any tax, i.e. low earning and spend it all on van etc, you still need a tax return to show you may have technically made a loss. This isn't a big deal mate, you are not going to get strung up, if your intentions is to declare everything you have earned now, they will be quite happy, also someone said if you say you start now you cant claim tax back on what you have bought before that, but you can is called captal introduced. Also get an accountant because your van will go through as a depriaciating asset as you will then be bringing capital allowances into it, it gets complicated so its not as easy as just getting tax office to send you the forum if you are not sure what you are doing.

matt

« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2009, 06:13:25 pm »
right, i have been and checked

the gallows are ok, the rope is strung

they are ready for you

they have been kind enough to allow you a last meal, enjoy your tea

the lynch mob are ready  ;D ;D ;D

ftp

« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2009, 06:18:53 pm »
richywilts has quite sensibly been conducting market research and investigating his local market with due diligence before he commits himself, and his tax position for the forseeable future.

He has done nothing wrong.This is called test marketing and big biz does it usually at a loss with no tax consequences at all. A website owner is hardly someone trying to hide from the taxman.

When a turnover is very low, such as might be expected from someone trialing a new business venture prior to a full launch full disclosure is not required. It has cost him more in website and van signage and ladders than he has earned, and he may yet decide not to proceed.

;D i've been researching the market for the last two years now - I haven't earnt a bean - honest!

craig b

« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2009, 07:15:43 pm »
test marketing...i like it...

williamx

« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2009, 07:17:05 pm »
It very strange that the most of people who have responded are on his side.

Yet if he had said that he was claiming benefits while building his business to make it worthwhile to go legit you all would be up in arms.

If he wants to start a business and is worried about earning a decent living, he should have done the following few things which are legal.

1/  Build up a customers database without doing any work (you knock doors everyday for a month, you then start cleaning them the following month)

2/  You inform the inland revenue that your are now self-employed.

3/  You apply for working/child tax credits.

4/  You apply for Council tax and Rent Benefit.

5/  You work in a paid part time job until you are earning more.

The damage is already done now, he can either confess and hope that the taxman is understanding (they will properly only fine him £100 because he has come clean) or he can forget about the last year and hope that the taxman donot find out about it for the next 6 years.

and the next time a benefit cheat targets your work, be nice to him, because one day he might go legit.

kenaltobelli

« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2009, 07:30:26 pm »
its a great thread this one most are on his side or have empathy[understand helen]
because we have been there all started beat up cars not knowing the way ahead'
so i have tried to give good advice

Mike 108

« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2009, 07:51:34 pm »

It is up to you if you want to declare any earnings from last august to now. If you've just done the odd job then maybe not, if you've earned quite a bit in that time then it might be worth considering fessing up. IMO regarding the tax man hunting you down via this forum is laughable ;D you are the size of a sperm on a football pitch regarding that. Your intensions are right though & you must go legit from now.

To avoid the conflict from the "whiter than white" brigade, go see an accountant, it won't cost you much & could put your mind at ease. ;)

I think 'macmac' is probably right.

I particularly like the bit about the "whiter than white" brigade   :)

"Let him who is without sin, cast the first stone"  - and  that's not just confined to window cleaning!

Mike

williamx

« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2009, 08:04:10 pm »
I have just been reading some of richys prevoius posts.

After reading a few I would not recommend that he comes clean to the taxman, unlike what he has said on this post about him just doing a few jobs here and there, his previous posts say a different story, on one he even left hundreds of ££££ worth of cheques in his jeans which went thought the wash.

He is also a member of the FWC, I thought you had to be legal to join this trade body, maybe they have dropped their conditions on being a member.

He also states that he has many commercial clients, all of whom will have had reciepts from him, with all his details on them.

If everything that he has written on his website and this forum is true, then he has not just been doing the odd job now and then, instead he has been running a very busy and profitable business.

No I would not recommend he comes clean with the taxman, because if he does, they will check on the past year and then he will be able to quote for the inside cleaning of "strangeways".

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2009, 08:23:20 pm »
I have just been reading some of richys prevoius posts.

After reading a few I would not recommend that he comes clean to the taxman, unlike what he has said on this post about him just doing a few jobs here and there, his previous posts say a different story, on one he even left hundreds of ££££ worth of cheques in his jeans which went thought the wash.

He is also a member of the FWC, I thought you had to be legal to join this trade body, maybe they have dropped their conditions on being a member.

He also states that he has many commercial clients, all of whom will have had reciepts from him, with all his details on them.

If everything that he has written on his website and this forum is true, then he has not just been doing the odd job now and then, instead he has been running a very busy and profitable business.

No I would not recommend he comes clean with the taxman, because if he does, they will check on the past year and then he will be able to quote for the inside cleaning of "strangeways".

i will await richys response to that one 8)

« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2009, 08:35:37 pm »
i will await richys response to that one 8)

And there he was
Gone
Never to be heard from again ;D
I've seen some classic postings on here which involve digging holes but this one goes straight to the deep mining section.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2009, 08:57:56 pm »
By the looks of it, he has a £5000 plus system, as he is using the reach and  wash logo, also had time to attend a BWCA course.

Something doesn't smell right.

williamx

« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2009, 09:11:58 pm »
Richy

Read this link and be Afraid be very Afraid

http://www.inlandrevenuetaxadvice.co.uk/