Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

richywilts

Re: going fully legit????
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2009, 03:08:24 pm »
i never had two jobs to begin with, like someone mentioned in an earlier post i set out in august with the intention of goin legit after 3 months which i thought was allowed because i thought by then id be earning enough etc but had quite a lot of setbacks van stolen with setup, house burgled number of times and moving back to parents and a relationship breakup, and it just snowballed from there where i didnt really pay much attention to the business side of things even tho i was doin the odd few jobs id picked up mainly on 8 weekly.

i now feel ready to go legit etc n put 100% effort into actually building the round up as iv done all the nessesary advertising websites leaflets van signwritten.

iv got no qualms about going legit i know it needs to be done and thats why i asked how to go about it as im away on holiday for a week then once i get back i want to go for it 100%
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

richywilts

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2009, 03:14:31 pm »
who the hell dya fink you are rhys i give window cleaners a bad name, iv asked for advice so that i can go legit im not tryin fiddle anyone iv not got a lot of customers at all i want to run a professional window cleaning business and iv gone down as many routes as possible to ensure this, just i havent got round to giving a start date to taxman coz iv not really been running it properly.
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2009, 03:18:39 pm »
I was hoping rhys just forgot to put a smilie at the end of his statement. if you go to the tax office explain what happened and that with the thefts and stuff it just went out of your mind and you want to sort it they will be ok with you, but if you leave it someone will stick you  in it, cause some people are just like that ;)

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2009, 03:19:07 pm »

also im not a dole cheat etc i dont sign on.

any advice would be appreciated

cheers richy

he is looking for advice, he has already stated he does NOT sign on...maybe he got his dates mixed up, so what!

Benefit of the doubt. 8)

matt

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2009, 03:21:34 pm »
i can hear people gathering some rope and making a structure out of wood right now ( i am not sure what it is yet, looks like a hanging basket bracket at the mo  ;))

just wait till a few get home from work, the pitch forks will be being sharpened aswell

;)

williamx

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2009, 03:23:49 pm »
The problem you are in is the taxman does not care how you run your business, all they want to know is how much money you have earned in the tax year, so you can pay what is owed.

If they where to allow people not to pay their taxes because they are not running their businesses properly, then nobody would pay tax.

If they catch you and it is very possible they will, the judge is not going to be very swayed by your argument for not paying your taxes, he will still send you to prison if you are unlucky.

macmac

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2009, 03:24:41 pm »
i never had two jobs to begin with, like someone mentioned in an earlier post i set out in august with the intention of goin legit after 3 months which i thought was allowed because i thought by then id be earning enough etc but had quite a lot of setbacks van stolen with setup, house burgled number of times and moving back to parents and a relationship breakup, and it just snowballed from there where i didnt really pay much attention to the business side of things even tho i was doin the odd few jobs id picked up mainly on 8 weekly.

i now feel ready to go legit etc n put 100% effort into actually building the round up as iv done all the nessesary advertising websites leaflets van signwritten.

iv got no qualms about going legit i know it needs to be done and thats why i asked how to go about it as im away on holiday for a week then once i get back i want to go for it 100%

All you need to do is inform HMRC within 3 months of starting your business. All the rest about tax etc comes later.

It is up to you if you want to declare any earnings from last august to now. If you've just done the odd job then maybe not, if you've earned quite a bit in that time then it might be worth considering fessing up. IMO regarding the tax man hunting you down via this forum is laughable ;D you are the size of a sperm on a football pitch regarding that. Your intensions are right though & you must go legit from now.

To avoid the conflict from the "whiter than white" brigade, go see an accountant, it won't cost you much & could put your mind at ease. ;)

matt

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2009, 03:27:49 pm »

To avoid the conflict from the "whiter than white" brigade, go see an accountant, it won't cost you much & could put your mind at ease. ;)

i trust you know that mob are gathering and the wooden structure is allmost complete now, they are deciding on the breaking strength of the rope, health and safety says it must be THREE times the body weight, some1 has gone to get a set of scales, it pays to be a " safe lynch mob" now, they even have a badge

williamx

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2009, 03:29:47 pm »

i trust you know that mob are gathering and the wooden structure is allmost complete now, they are deciding on the breaking strength of the rope, health and safety says it must be THREE times the body weight, some1 has gone to get a set of scales, it pays to be a " safe lynch mob" now, they even have a badge

And if they come from Scotland they are licenced as well ;D

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2009, 03:31:36 pm »
get onto an accountant straight away rich, and forget most of the comments that you have read on here, not useful advice at best ???

if you havent run your biz properly then the chances are your profit will have suffered also, so there should be no real need to fear the tax man, just make sure you know your actual start date, they will ask that much i know, get as much info as possible ( leave out the personal circumstances, they aint interested) and word it along the lines that you had teething troubles at the start of your new biz and have had to regroup and implement changes that will bring about a more viable biz (blah blah)

1st thing to do is accountant ( why do i ramble on so much, just get to the point scrimmy >:()

kenaltobelli

« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2009, 03:32:31 pm »
if you do get in bother just say i like a few drinks and i do lots of drugs for gods sake dont say
im a decent law abiding person then they will hang you.
this is how a lot of self employed start not quiet shure how to go legit myself i was working for myself
on a milk round so lumpt my first year in with that but it cost with accountant.
as i have said before if yours is to busy get another but keep all paperwork

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2009, 03:34:52 pm »

And if they come from Scotland they are licenced as well ;D

licensed hangman?...now theres a credit crunch bustin side line 8)

macmac

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2009, 03:38:49 pm »
Yeah, I think the guy's had a rough enough time over the last 6 months as it is, he needs a break, some advice not bombarded with crap from people who think they are bigger/more important than they ever will be. There is a word for them, oh yeah- word deleted

richywilts

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2009, 03:40:39 pm »
i understand what everyone is sayin but dont forget we had all that bad weather etc too so i never worked when all you didnt either iv had a hindered beginning to starting out on me own and im still keen to carry on and make a go of things after all my knocks some are right there are too many negative posters on here these days.

cheers scriman and the others who are trying to help me.
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

matt

« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2009, 03:41:10 pm »
my advice

i dont see the need for a accountant ( yes i have a accountant myself, but thats for my tax return )

just phone your local tax office and say you are starting on as a window cleaner, they will send you a few forms, job done

kenaltobelli

« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2009, 03:42:40 pm »
matt id second that advice its a good start.

jonisondell

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2009, 04:10:45 pm »
I think he should be reported its people like him give us full time tax paying window cleaners a bad name.
dont be such a girl, give the bloke a break hes just trying to get himself started, do you remember when you first started

are you saying you declair every penney that you earn to the tax man, i think not!!!

its not like hes selling drugs or breaking into cars, hes tring to make it alone very hard and good luck to him

rhys11

« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2009, 04:16:13 pm »
I think he should be reported its people like him give us full time tax paying window cleaners a bad name.

;D ;)
rhys

foxy

« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2009, 04:30:49 pm »
i pay my dues and if he is struggling to get by i'm not really bothered if he pays full whack tax or not.

in light of how the economy is being run and the absolute fleecing of the nation i think that the tax man has bigger fish to fry than chase some shiner trying to make ends meet.

and if someone were to report him i think they are wasted and would be better suited as a policeman or special constable.

imo.
traditional cleaner, shop windows and some pubs.

foxy

« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2009, 04:32:16 pm »
rhys11 - sorry mate, just scrolled down the page and didn't see the  ;)

;D
traditional cleaner, shop windows and some pubs.