This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jr windows

Eberspacher or L5
« on: March 15, 2009, 08:18:22 pm »
Hi All,
Still looking at hot. Would you use Eberspacher or L5, and how easy are they both to fit.
I have a Eberspacher D5w in my garage but it needs the controller unit and pump I think.
Cheers Jason

tomy jackson

Re: Eberspacher or L5
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 09:07:58 pm »
L5 is the plug & play

Window Washers

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 09:09:54 pm »
and the first one is a quality unit, not that im knocking the l5 it is cheap as chips
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

jr windows

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 09:22:04 pm »
I was a bit concerned about gas in my van? But people with motorhomes have it in. Does anyone have experience in fitting an Eberspacher or similar?

Cheers jason

NWH

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 09:23:44 pm »
The L5 is from the far east and toy like if you ask me,and yes you will have to have gas in the van which i didn`t want.

Window Washers

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 09:26:20 pm »
I was a bit concerned about gas in my van? But people with motorhomes have it in. Does anyone have experience in fitting an Eberspacher or similar?

Cheers jason
I have seen an l5 first hand, very small and works very well, I have an eberspacher hear fitted in my tranisit, aint got a clue how it is done though so no help to you sorry. Only ting about the l5 you have to turn it off every time you move, to me that would waste the time saved on the job. My thoughts only so people wanting to jump on me dont bother, i am only saying what i think, and i could be wrong  ;)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

tomy jackson

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2009, 09:31:44 pm »
L5  stop the flow and its off till you tearn it on so no nead to tern it on and off when you move

jr windows

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2009, 09:32:14 pm »
Hi Ian,
Could I ask what sort of money did the Eberspacher cost? And does it warm your water and the van ie I put electric rad in van at night to stop system freezing.
Cheers

NWH

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2009, 09:55:55 pm »
L5  stop the flow and its off till you tearn it on so no nead to tern it on and off when you move
No need to turn it off when you move eh lol oh dear i hope i don`t see you on youtube,in order for it to be in anyway safe you should disconnect the regulator everytime you`ve finnished a job.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2009, 10:02:21 pm »
No need to turn it off when you move eh lol oh dear i hope i don`t see you on youtube,in order for it to be in anyway safe you should disconnect the regulator everytime you`ve finnished a job.

Do you disconnect the diesel supply to your heater after every job?

Personally I flip the valve on the gas regulator (Turning off the gas) when I'm putting the pole back in the van,.. simply good practice,.. but the heater in a normal installation (in an RV or caravan) would have a constant gas supply and this wouldn't be a problem.

NWH

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2009, 10:04:25 pm »
Caravans disconnect there supply before and after they travel so that`s rubbish,i know a bloke that owns a caravan center and do the windows so i know that`s wrong what you`ve said.

tomy jackson

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2009, 10:17:45 pm »
no youl not see me on u tube , as i dont use a vid camreer ,  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D we nowe that you slag gas at every opertunety

NWH

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2009, 10:18:51 pm »
 ;D :-*

martindrz400

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2009, 10:35:54 pm »
you simply turn the gas off, less than a second .  when speaking to my insurance about my gas heater they was fine, when i mentioned about a desiel heater being linked to my fuel system they started asking questions, as iv just brought a webasto heater (hot box) this week

Window Washers

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2009, 11:05:52 pm »
you simply turn the gas off, less than a second .  when speaking to my insurance about my gas heater they was fine, when i mentioned about a desiel heater being linked to my fuel system they started asking questions, as iv just brought a webasto heater (hot box) this week
Have you ???

martindrz400

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2009, 11:17:03 pm »
when i say hot box i mean a webasto heater which my fatheri n law made into a hot box looks good not tested in van yet but have tested it at my inlaws factory and seems to work ok

trevor perry

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2009, 07:27:20 am »
when i say hot box i mean a webasto heater which my fatheri n law made into a hot box looks good not tested in van yet but have tested it at my inlaws factory and seems to work ok
how much did it cost to set up and is the heat adjustable.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt