This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

[GQC] Tim

Flocking DIY?
« on: March 15, 2009, 11:20:09 am »
Just wondering if I could somehow flock a brush myself? I've got a mono Ionics, but I only use it for other work than windows ie cladding etc, and I would like it a bit less "wire brushish", and maybe some more scrubbing power.

Any ideas how I could do this?

I would have spend money on a Flocked Super Lite, but money is tight atm.

Window Washers

Re: Flocking DIY?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 02:46:13 pm »
Just wondering if I could somehow flock a brush myself? I've got a mono Ionics, but I only use it for other work than windows ie cladding etc, and I would like it a bit less "wire brushish", and maybe some more scrubbing power.

Any ideas how I could do this?

I would have spend money on a Flocked Super Lite, but money is tight atm.
Razor each bristle a little maybe  :-\
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 03:35:08 pm »
Maybe a power tool with an attachment perhaps? Hmmm

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 03:54:03 pm »
well, to do each filament would be crazy, umm i may need to give this one more of a think, but some sort of destructive machine would probably do!!
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 04:24:12 pm »
well, to do each filament would be crazy, umm i may need to give this one more of a think, but some sort of destructive machine would probably do!!

Maybe Alex can tell what manufacturing process gives the flocked bristles.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 05:24:27 pm »
I've got no idea, I've never asked. I personally think that they get crushed.

Window Washers

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2009, 05:39:19 pm »
Maybe a power tool with an attachment perhaps? Hmmm
maybe a wire pad could work, would make a mess of the mono
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

ftp

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2009, 06:01:58 pm »
Smack the ends with a hammer on to a solid base. Be hard to get them all.  :)

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2009, 06:06:14 pm »
i think i know how the manufacturing process works, I think the filaments are crushed and kind of rolled with the crusher moving in opposite directions.
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

ftp

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2009, 06:11:08 pm »
I'll ask my missus - she complains of split ends.

jouk45

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2009, 08:25:00 pm »
i think its all done before they are fitted to the brush, bundled tightly packed together, then pushed into some burr machine, i think the bristles would have to much movement trying to flock it on the brush head,

dai

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2009, 08:46:58 pm »
I would think that the filaments come out of the machine depending on how many they want to put into each hole. I imagine a bladed roller crushes and cuts  as it revolves.
As for flocking a mono brush, well if you have good teeth, I suppose you could have a bit of a nibble when your watching telly.