This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

seandyer2003

Re: Anyone door knocked on a Sunday afternoon?
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2009, 07:28:33 pm »
never done it never needed to :P

thats good, but doesnt mean no one else will :)

others want to be bigger and better and have to knock at weekend when they have time :)

martinsadie

« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2009, 07:39:01 pm »

others want to be bigger and better and have to knock at weekend when they have time :)
buy more work its easier  ;D ;D

Steve CM

« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2009, 07:56:15 pm »

then you end up with a lot of underpriced kak work! build your own then you can earn more ;)

seandyer2003

« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2009, 08:02:26 pm »

then you end up with a lot of underpriced kak work! build your own then you can earn more ;)

Exactly , the last two bits of work i bought were absolute sh it

But i am glad - it taught me something - people only sell crap work unless they are retiring!!

So canvass your own!! How do you think the round you are buying came about to start with !! If you canvass a bit in one area, then get in there do a good job and leaflet drop regular you will pick it all up eventually, other window cleaners come and go and when they do its yours :)

kenaltobelli

« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2009, 08:09:13 pm »
and when they go and its all yours you can work 8 days  and nights to come to think of it why
 dont you just clean in the dark make more good business ;)

Lee Pryor

« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2009, 08:17:41 pm »
when it comes to working to live or living to work I see my business as more of a hobey than work that I build a little every day. although I went knocking today i will work from home tomorrow, Since starting as a window cleaner I have seen the weekend as just other days in the week. I only knocked today as I had a quote booked for 2.30pm then another at 5. as they were on the edge of the area we cover I didnt want to drive home then go back, so made use of the time. And Im glad I did, in fact i plan to do the same again next week. I didnt get a single rude person today either. I would have only sat at home doing nothing anyway which i hate.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

kenaltobelli

« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2009, 08:22:40 pm »
take up cycling or scooters or moter bikes or football maybe go to church
watch tv or go to pictures or go for a meal get your self a dog take up fishing
hang gliding even rest

martinsadie

« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2009, 08:22:53 pm »

Exactly , the last two bits of work i bought were absolute sh it

But i am glad - it taught me something - people only sell crap work unless they are retiring!!

what do you expect ,them to sell you good work and keep the bad, buy work and you are earning all the time if its bad get better then sell the bad,thats buisness ,sat on your arse waiting for good work doesnt pay the bills

kenaltobelli

« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2009, 08:27:00 pm »
do you ever see the shineing all work no play makes jack a dull boy/
all work no play makes jack a dull boy/ all work no play makes jack a dull boy

dai

« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2009, 08:34:17 pm »
When I was starting I canvased on Sundays, and very successfully too. No good knocking if they're out, Sundays the best day to catch them in.

« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2009, 09:04:18 pm »
so all you that dont mind what do you think when a jehoves witness lands on your doorstep
oh great nice to see you/ why do you think no one else does this on a sunday?
if you spent time with family may be youd control your children better not have your teenage daugters
coming home pregnant. live to work or work to live your choice in the end

What a strange and ignorant thing to say. ::) JW's have lower teenage pregnancy rates than the rest of society, and other religious groups. They are not perfect, but in general have a good family life, low divorce rates, and like them or hate them they seem pretty cheerful don't they?
But sometimes teenagers will do whatever the hell they want and forget the consequences.
We strive to protect our kids from all the rubbish other people just worry about, my kids don't have a TV for a babysitter, I spend nearly all my free time being a good Dad, not down the pub, or indeed knocking on doors.
Perhaps you are having a dig at an individual...It happens sometimes I'm sure.

And by the way a polite 'No thanks' will do the trick usually. :)

kenaltobelli

« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2009, 09:11:03 pm »
sparkle read it again i dont say jw get pregnant i say spend time with family
bring your kids up if you have them if you havent at least take up train spotting
just leave people to get on with life least you can do they have a hard week aswell
read better next time

« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2009, 09:17:34 pm »
bring your kids up if you have them if you havent at least take up train spotting
just leave people to get on with life least you can do they have a hard week aswell
read better next time

You're right that is what you said. I did mis-read. Sorry been a long day, not sure how I missed that...Just driven over 200 miles to see the wife's Grandmother, I guess half my brain is still on the motorway.

That is good advice for everyone, spend less time at work and more with your family. Make a living and then come home, neglect your family and it will probably end in tears...

I apologise I was wrong to jump down your throat for something you hadn't even said.

Window Washers

« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2009, 09:19:36 pm »
read better next time
What you are meaning to say is you dont want to go out on a sunday, dont dress it up fella, i dont work (as some would class it) weekends  but there is nothing wrong with it at all. I work 7 days a week, I have done the odd bit of canvassing when wife is at sisters for an hour as i would be bored earning extra instead of sitting being bored is good, my family life is very good i spend more time with my kids than most people i know that work, yet, oes this mean if you work 9/5 mon to friday it is better ? if you have staff that goes straight away, you still have to work to grow but you and not tied to the though patten of the 9 till 5 people  ;) if you work for yourself as a one man band you may choose to work hard for three days a week and canvass at weekends. I think you are saying what you think only m8, nothing wrong in what you think, but others are different from you!
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

kenaltobelli

« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2009, 09:21:58 pm »
no probs but ive wrote on here before and not been understood so i try to becarefull
how i word things

« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2009, 09:28:19 pm »
That's true actually when I had a 'normal' job I left the house at 6.30 got in about 6, too tired to do much. Whereas now I'm home more, and I do the school run Fridays to give the wife a break.

It's that old buzzword work-life balance. I could work 6 days a week, but I think you would miss so much.

The difference between being skint and having enough is far greater than the difference between having enough and having loads.

kenaltobelli

« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2009, 09:49:00 pm »
i used to do paint jobs sat sun next week draged never got half the work i do now
infact wifes started working sats hates it same thing dont get two days off you feel it
false ecconemy if you ask me but i admit i do think things have gone far too far infact 24 hour
work ethics no good i dont mind going to a shop staff know they work sun but i wouldnt
force myself on the public in there time like good fri easter mon who in there right mind would work
them days whats next xmas day ;
rant over been a great day today evry one deserves one day a week take my advice next time
you get bored get out to a tapas bar eat well and make sure you drink at least two jugs of sangria

martinsadie

« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2009, 09:53:51 pm »
when the kids were small 25 years ago i worked six and half days a week,and i was jaded,i would be out sat night and be falling asleep

Paul Golding

« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2009, 10:06:40 pm »
I love finishing about 3. Either me or my wife will pick our son up and then we get to spend the rest of the day together. It's great when you can say that your family are your best friends !!  ;D

ZaNo

« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2009, 10:59:51 pm »
I agree, why would you go out to knock on peoples doors on a sunday? Like door knocking through the week wasnt enough. I read somewhere some guys wife packed up and left him because all he ever thought about was his dam business, He made a post on a forum about it and gave his advice: ''Dont make the same mistake i did, i feel so alone.''

Really people is your business worth more to you then your family?
People have lost track of whats really important here.

But by all means, everyone to there own! My hat comes off to ya!  8)