This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Window Washers

Re: Anyone door knocked on a Sunday afternoon?
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2009, 06:30:21 pm »
not at all to much intrussion into others space.
you need time off to charge up; you find if you work hard through the week the weekend
is important. youl get us a bad name like double glazing sales
folk dont want retards on there doorstep on a sunday :)
I think you will find people really dont mind, it is the small minded people that are a minority, nothing wrong with it at all imo

Ian.

p.s Lee you dont sound like a retard to me, more of a clever business man
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

martinsadie

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2009, 06:33:02 pm »
i mind people pestering at the door specially if footballs on
nothing worse than when you just sat down to your tea and you get a cold caller on the phone  ;D

prestigeclean

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2009, 06:33:55 pm »
well done lee , there really are some idiots on here regards alan

simon knight

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2009, 06:43:36 pm »
nothing worse than when you just sat down to your tea and you get a cold caller on the phone  ;D

Actually it's not legal for telesales people to operate on a Sunday. 9am to 9pm Monday to Saturday is the law.

martinsadie

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2009, 06:49:34 pm »

Actually it's not legal for telesales people to operate on a Sunday. 9am to 9pm Monday to Saturday is the law.
i meant during the week with the phone,so thats why we dont get calls Sunday,maybe that law applies to door knocking because the crews that pester you to change gas suppliers dont operate on Sundays  ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2009, 06:52:37 pm »

I did this for years opps ::), but made a packet in that time working for a telesales business  :-\ So I would like to see the law on this
weekends seemed to be the best time 4 till 8pm
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

kenaltobelli

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2009, 06:52:51 pm »
so all you that dont mind what do you think when a jehoves witness lands on your doorstep
oh great nice to see you/ why do you think no one else does this on a sunday?
if you spent time with family may be youd control your children better not have your teenage daugters
coming home pregnant. live to work or work to live your choice in the end

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2009, 06:55:58 pm »
so all you that dont mind what do you think when a jehoves witness lands on your doorstep
I find the majority of people don't mind, and are quite pleasant ;)

simon knight

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2009, 06:57:41 pm »

I did this for years opps ::), but made a packet in that time working for a telesales business  :-\ So I would like to see the law on this
weekends seemed to be the best time 4 till 8pm

I did a course years back and I definately remember that it's 9-9 Monday to Saturday. Mind you it could have changed since then.

simon knight

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2009, 07:02:16 pm »

JWs are absolutely harmless. Rather them than some soap-dodger trying to sell dusters at £5 for a pack of 3 out of a suitcase.

martinsadie

« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2009, 07:03:20 pm »
if you spent time with family may be youd control your children better not have your teenage daugters
Jehoves make me laugh i clean near one of there churches and 9 am they all turn up and then set off door knocking,they do the same streets,miss the houses were people are in and knock on doors where nobody is in,they do this in 2s and just spend the morning gossiping  ;D

martinsadie

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2009, 07:04:09 pm »

JWs are absolutely harmless. Rather them than some soap-dodger trying to sell dusters at £5 for a pack of 3 out of a suitcase.
soap dodger LOL

kenaltobelli

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2009, 07:05:51 pm »
when you think about it you dont even get calls from india on a sunday
i get them all the time through the week but i recon im a top business man and have never
had to graft on a sunday must be doing something right? even though i may be dim

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2009, 07:08:13 pm »
and you will find that it's not just sundays that no one else does it :)

Steve CM

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2009, 07:10:00 pm »

JW's are good for a cup of tea and a chat. ;)

as for working to live and not living to work your right but just cause a sunday could be canvassed it doesn't mean the other 6 days are all being worked to ;) this week i've had a brand new bathroom fitted. i have worked 2 days out of seven, watched my bathroom be fitted ;D and took my kids to a 3 hour party today. i think that qualifys as working to live. even though there wasn't much work done! ;D ;D

martinsadie

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2009, 07:14:27 pm »

as for working to live and not living to work your right but just cause a sunday could be canvassed it doesn't mean the other 6 days are all being worked to ;) this week i've had a brand new bathroom fitted. i have worked 2 days out of seven, watched my bathroom be fitted ;D and took my kids to a 3 hour party today. i think that qualifys as working to live. even though there wasn't much work done! ;D ;D
didnt you trust the plumber on his own  ;D

Steve CM

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2009, 07:15:31 pm »

didnt you trust the plumber on his own  ;D

i was paying him so i thought i'd watch ;D my custies do it to me when i work so i thought i'd do the same ;D ;D

seandyer2003

« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2009, 07:15:37 pm »

its till 8 actually mid week, and cant remember what time sunday but it isnt illegal at all, and most of them times are for big companies... freeness of speech - you can go where you want as long asyou leave when thet say so!

and 99.9 % are fine with you calling... i bet all you who dont like the idea dont even door knock and have never tried doing it on sunday- get your pitch right and its a good day to catch people in a chilled mood!!

lees success today proves it - bad experiences door knocking are mostly down to you not the householder - its how you deal with them!!

:)

kenaltobelli

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2009, 07:18:51 pm »
never done it never needed to :P

martinsadie

« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2009, 07:19:44 pm »
never done it never needed to :P
same here  ;D ;D