Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

andyatkinson

nvq
« on: March 14, 2009, 06:13:23 pm »
if you can do nvq's for windows now to become a fully qualified...... glass hygeine technician, does that mean we can take on an apprentice? coz apparently theres some really good incentives for having an apprentice at mo, i heard gov pay the wages and tuition etc and more...... any one know?thanks

AuRavelling79

Re: nvq
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 06:15:19 pm »
if you can do nvq's for windows now to become a fully qualified...... glass hygeine technician, does that mean we can take on an apprentice? coz apparently theres some really good incentives for having an apprentice at mo, i heard gov pay the wages and tuition etc and more...... any one know?thanks

I dunno - but as apprenticeships can last four years then what are you gonna do after you've taught them the basics and they've got 3 years and 51 weeks to go with nothing else to learn! ;D
It's a game of three halves!

andyatkinson

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 06:21:28 pm »
make them wash my car, prepare my butties, canvassing, leaflet dropping, oh and a lot of windows, reel in the hose pipe, sneeze with permission and have contracted their little lives away to never work for anyone else again ever, then and nearly then i willown their little window cleaning soul.

seandyer2003

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 07:42:22 pm »

I dunno - but as apprenticeships can last four years then what are you gonna do after you've taught them the basics and they've got 3 years and 51 weeks to go with nothing else to learn! ;D

How many kids are gonna want a wc nvq haha

But if you think about it, In a proper business environment, they can learn health and safety , procurement, marketing, risk assessments method statements, quoting, the actual cleaning, customer service, theres lots to teach them and the govt pay for the courses....

andyatkinson

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 09:23:12 pm »
plus they could wash the car

Window Washers

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2009, 11:54:25 pm »
The people that knock it are the people that are without it, is it good is it not who knows, people without it certainly cannot comment in a bad way as it is something they dont have. It is better to have it than not do you all not think?.

Will it make millions more in business probs not.

If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

NWH

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2009, 12:20:44 am »

For certain work some of the above are required.

How many kids are gonna want a wc nvq haha

But if you think about it, In a proper business environment, they can learn health and safety , procurement, marketing, risk assessments method statements, quoting, the actual cleaning, customer service, theres lots to teach them and the govt pay for the courses....