Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mr Sparkle

Cloth doors
« on: March 14, 2009, 05:08:47 pm »
I've had quite a few customers latley saying water is leaking in through there doors.
I wfp the doors normally but think i'm going to have to start clothing them to be safe,
Do any of you guys get custies telling you this? Do you cloth instead of pole.

john tomkins

Re: Cloth doors
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 05:24:20 pm »
Depends where it's coming from......
Two likely places are letterbox and drain channel at bottom of door.

The letterbox problems usually occur with the push in type as water just runs in, I usually stick a couple of strips of 2" wide tape across them.

Bottom of door problem is usually blocked drain holes so water fills channel up and runs inside, get a short length of wire and unblock them.

Can't stand doing doors with cloth as its a poor result due to all the fancy bits and mouldings you just can't get a cloth into..... WFP the lot ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 06:07:03 pm »
Depends where it's coming from......
Two likely places are letterbox and drain channel at bottom of door.

The letterbox problems usually occur with the push in type as water just runs in, I usually stick a couple of strips of 2" wide tape across them.

Bottom of door problem is usually blocked drain holes so water fills channel up and runs inside, get a short length of wire and unblock them.

Can't stand doing doors with cloth as its a poor result due to all the fancy bits and mouldings you just can't get a cloth into..... WFP the lot ;D

UPVC Wfp
Wood and glazed generally scrim.
It's a game of three halves!

R W C

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 07:42:36 pm »
I've had quite a few customers latley saying water is leaking in through there doors.
I wfp the doors normally but think i'm going to have to start clothing them to be safe,
Do any of you guys get custies telling you this? Do you cloth instead of pole.

Ill tell you the cure to this, when custy shuts door only one lock keeps the door shut, so if you push the bottom of the door it will go in so if using wfp it will get wet on the floor, so when ever i do doors i always lift the handle and youll have a lock at the top and one about 4" from the bottom will come come out and into the frame.

Chris