Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

collins82002

NVQ2 Window Cleaning
« on: March 13, 2009, 11:52:27 pm »
Went on course today, 1 of 13 week was good any one else attend at Mathew boulton college?

Window Washers

Re: NVQ2 Window Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 11:53:59 pm »
Went on course today, 1 of 13 week was good any one else attend at Mathew boulton college?
Everyone else that i have spoken to thinks its pointless, more fool them, I was there, I was the one eatingthe biscuits with my coffee in green top and shirt  ;)

Ian
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

collins82002

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 11:55:24 pm »
It was good but thought that it was more concerntrated on crane, cradle lift type cleaning rather than WFP or Trad.

Window Washers

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 11:58:21 pm »
It was good but thought that it was more concerntrated on crane, cradle lift type cleaning rather than WFP or Trad.

100% agree, but something im looking at so all good  ;D
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

collins82002

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 12:01:43 am »
Yeah ya never know when that sort of work is gonna come along,  Good knowledge to know i suppose?
It the legal stuff next time will be interesting. What do you recon to them coming out to assess you on trad style?

Window Washers

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2009, 12:10:06 am »
Yeah ya never know when that sort of work is gonna come along,  Good knowledge to know i suppose?
It the legal stuff next time will be interesting. What do you recon to them coming out to assess you on trad style?
that should be fine I had done it long enough, but I know right now I will brush up just before hand as I dont trad anything any more personally lol

collins82002

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2009, 12:14:09 am »
just get them to visit at the right time and house makes it easier.  Get the customer to make statement for you, Goes towards evidence to pass. LOL

Dean Taberner

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2009, 07:07:54 am »
Been on it in watford with the jv price boys,

As ive said before its free so it cant be bad.

Its about time our industry had a reconised NVQ qualification.

I love the look on my customers faces when I slip into the conversation that im undergoing a NVQ course. A few have thought that im re-training into a proper trade ;D ;D

The face of one bloke when I expained that I wasnt re-training as it was a window cleaning qualification was a picture ;D ;D ;D

Dean
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

Steve CM

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2009, 07:26:31 am »
Isn't NVQ2 level something that used to be offered on Youth Training courses? doesn't it sound a bit budget and naff?!

ftp

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2009, 07:28:38 am »
 ::) of course it's not naff! It's how to remove dirt from glass - takes years to master.

ducky

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2009, 07:29:40 am »
i have got svq level 2 in window cleaning. i have had it for 8 years.
if it cleans we will clean it

trevor povey

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2009, 07:30:27 am »
Stick to what you know best lads ??? ???

ducky

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2009, 07:31:01 am »
we were the first in scotland to do the svq  :)
if it cleans we will clean it

Steve CM

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2009, 07:42:54 am »
::) of course it's not naff! It's how to remove dirt from glass - takes years to master.

everytime i've ever seen an NVQ in whatever it may be i've always thought it was for people that didn't have a proper education as it was mostly for people that never went on to any main further education

Dean Taberner

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2009, 07:51:25 am »

everytime i've ever seen an NVQ in whatever it may be i've always thought it was for people that didn't have a proper education as it was mostly for people that never went on to any main further education

Well im taking a degree in window cleaning next year.

Its a 3 year full time course.

When its finished I wont have a business left and ill be divorced and homeless.

Atleast ill have letters after my name. Dean Taberner i.d.o.t  ;D ;D ;D

Dean
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

Steve CM

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2009, 07:54:50 am »

Well im taking a degree in window cleaning next year.

Its a 3 year full time course.

When its finished I wont have a business left and ill be divorced and homeless.

Atleast ill have letters after my name. Dean Taberner i.d.o.t  ;D ;D ;D

Dean

my point is whats the point of an NVQ? no need for the sarky comment just healthy debate ;)

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2009, 08:08:48 am »
I guess it help you clean windows to a professional standard.  ;D

ftp

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2009, 08:10:43 am »
The point is it gives the NVQ trainer/assessor a job i suppose.

I can't help but be negative after experiencing the system in the print trade where it was utter bull. But as it replaced the apprentiship it's the only way of obtaining a qualification.

The whole point of an NVQ seems to be to take a simple task that can be handled with common sense and dress it up to be something mind blowingly complicated even to the extent of inventing their own language. For example paper in the print trade had to be termed 'substrate' and so on.
Bird poo now becomes 'impacted soilage' etc.

Steve CM

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2009, 08:41:21 am »
I guess it help you clean windows to a professional standard.  ;D

so does buying your own tools and experimenting on your own windows ;) i just can't help thinking its about as useless as the paper it is written on!

ftp

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2009, 08:51:36 am »
No, an NVQ paper would go something like this:

Applying Solution To The Vertical Glazing Panel:

The substrate is dampened with a liquid solution containing a small percentage of surface tension reducing properties and a proportion of friction reducing chemical suspended in an H2o compound. This is applied using an advanced microfibre sleeve designed to hold the maximum quantity of liquid per surface area using an ergonomically designed tool to reduce rsi and associated problems.

Then the multiple choice exam paper would be like this:

Pick the correct tool for removing impacted soilage from the list below:

1. A lump hammer
2. Emery cloth
3. Chisel
4. Scraper blade and solution.
 ::)