Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

m b shaw

ionics brochure
« on: March 13, 2009, 03:21:01 pm »
just recieved one today and just flicking through it i,m amazed at some of their prices. this is from someone who runs a pro 5 ionic system and has sometimes defended them on this site.i have never had a system problem only areel break which they replaced without question.i,m starting to think they price according to what others charge i e glyder pole slx pole much the same.you would think they might want to be a bit more competitive,but no,just see how many we can sell at this price.at a time when a lot of w/c s are waiting to see what happens next it would be a good time to encourage firms to try their products. on the plus side for me,three or more firms selling poles,lets see who wants our cash.cheers mick

LWC

Re: ionics brochure
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 04:13:58 pm »
Very impressive catalogue i must say.

Window cleaning has come a long way.

tomy jackson

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 04:33:43 pm »
and a diy hot ??????????????

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 04:37:50 pm »
Well, in some ways I can see why Ionic charge what they do, they are a premium window cleaning supplier, selling at premium prices!!

I run my own window cleaning firm in a similar way, attracting premium ( richer ) customers who are willing to pay that bit more, if theyre not, I simply dont clean there houses! Many of us do this, so I suppose we should simply expect it . Though I do believe a few of there items are over priced.
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 05:15:53 pm »
I got one today too...

In all things I think it's the case that if you supply something 10% better you can charge about 40% more.

I am a self confessed skinflint as far as work stuff goes, so I would probably never buy from them, but I can see it looks very good, and if people are willing to pay £1000s for something cos it looks better then that's up to them.

All my gear works very well, and it's as ugly as can be, and my profit margin is very healthy thank you.
Though probably nothing compared to Ionics.... ;D

ftp

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2009, 05:22:35 pm »
I thought their poles were reasonably priced but everything else was a joke - especially the swivel head they sell.  :o

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2009, 05:24:28 pm »
I thought their poles were resonably priced but everything else was a joke - especially the swivel head they sell.  :o
I agree actually the poles were ok I will think about them, a mate of mine has bought a new pole, so I'll see what that's like first

Jason Atwell

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2009, 05:26:18 pm »
You also need to add V A T  to those prices i think!
Fleetwood Window Cleaning Services

FRESHER

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2009, 05:51:55 pm »
What about these guys Concept 2O? http://www.clearviewplus.com/products.html
Im looking to start window cleaning,, and its going to be basic, or 2nd hand kit to begin with,,, but other than poles being lighter, and aesthetics, what i sthe difference in the actual jquality of work done,, can all systems produce the same results?  Is it time taken?  what makes a good system and what makes a bad system?
I did not become someone different
I did not want to be

But Im new here
Will you show me around?

gary999

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2009, 06:04:38 pm »
glyder poles looked impressive wished i made the effort to go
to cleaning show to have a closer look

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2009, 06:50:20 pm »
I thought their poles were reasonably priced but everything else was a joke - especially the swivel head they sell.  :o

Yeah, I picked that up, did you see the price of a nut off one of their systems.......... 8 pence

8 PENCE!!!

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2009, 07:05:32 pm »
just recieved one today and just flicking through it i,m amazed at some of their prices. this is from someone who runs a pro 5 ionic system and has sometimes defended them on this site.i have never had a system problem only areel break which they replaced without question.i,m starting to think they price according to what others charge i e glyder pole slx pole much the same.you would think they might want to be a bit more competitive,but no,just see how many we can sell at this price.at a time when a lot of w/c s are waiting to see what happens next it would be a good time to encourage firms to try their products. on the plus side for me,three or more firms selling poles,lets see who wants our cash.cheers mick

I did better than you.  I got THREE of their brochures today.  It seems I am on their database under slightly different spellings.

ftp

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2009, 07:18:07 pm »
Swivel - £132 upwards  ???

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2009, 09:54:53 pm »
I did better than you.  I got THREE of their brochures today.  It seems I am on their database under slightly different spellings.

Seems I'm on their database as blacklisted ;D
Like I give a %&£$ over rated, over hyped, over priced
And since when did 9 sections of 6 foot poles allow you to reach 65 foot (do the maths) ;D

rhys11

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2009, 10:01:33 pm »
im fedup with geting junk mail from ionics they suck
over priced monkeys

rhys

P®oPole™

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2009, 10:12:35 pm »

Progression and innovation are vital elements that move business’s forward. To instantly dismiss new ground breaking products is immediately limiting some to a certain level or barrier.

73ft Pole, Upkeeper, ZERO R.O, Pro10! The investment Ionics put on R&D and safety is unmatchable. Who else has laid down £100,000.00 on a recognised test at the world renowned Tatcham centre. Not many could emulate that!

I will not comment further on this topic.

Pro

Window Washers

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2009, 10:32:45 pm »

Progression and innovation are vital elements that move business’s forward. To instantly dismiss new ground breaking products is immediately limiting some to a certain level or barrier.

73ft Pole, Upkeeper, ZERO R.O, Pro10! The investment Ionics put on R&D and safety is unmatchable. Who else has laid down £100,000.00 on a recognised test at the world renowned Tatcham centre. Not many could emulate that!

I will not comment further on this topic.

Pro

upkeeper I looked at in the us about a year maybe 2 could even be three years ago,  they import it aqnd over inflate the price, nothing more to say on that subject apart from uk gutters are not the same and seems to have been over looked by ionics ::)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2009, 12:26:38 am »
A reliable setup, enough pure water and a light rigid pole does the job for me, and that can be done for a fraction of their price.

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2009, 07:44:17 am »

Seems I'm on their database as blacklisted ;D
Like I give a %&£$ over rated, over hyped, over priced
And since when did 9 sections of 6 foot poles allow you to reach 65 foot (do the maths) ;D

Must be one those those poles where they add a bit on for reach.  11 foot though  ?   :)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2009, 01:53:40 pm »
Just had a chance to have a look over their new brochure and I have got to say that as a brochure it is a very smart piece of work. I like the black base, the matt/gloss contrast and the layout.

Top marks to Ionics for a fantastic representative brochure for the product range. If I were able to feel emotions like jealousy then maybe this might trigger it!