This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ftp

Re: CLEANING SHOW 09 - IONIC GLYDER AND FACELIFT FUSION VERDICT
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2009, 05:31:35 pm »
It all comes down to stickers in the end.  ::)

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2009, 05:40:05 pm »
Youve got mail again Alex   :)
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Tosh

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2009, 05:41:52 pm »
I really dislike those, 'You've got mail' posts.

I always suspect you're talking about me.

Please don't do it, and please don't say what you've been saying about me.

I'd be far too-big-headed if I knew!

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2009, 05:42:24 pm »
Tosh, youve got mail  ;D ;D ;D
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Pj

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2009, 06:01:05 pm »
Tosh

You're not male!

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2009, 06:09:12 pm »
Innovation is interesting, and this is a good thread that captures the moment so to speak, but it should be remembered that they are all playing catch up with alex. In theory because they have larger markets because of exports they should be able use their resources to overhaul him.

ftp

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2009, 06:12:49 pm »
Innovation is interesting, and this is a good thread that captures the moment so to speak, but it should be remembered that they are all playing catch up with alex. In theory because they have larger markets because of exports they should be able use their resources to overall him.

I doubt if Alex would wear overalls!

NWH

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2009, 06:51:25 pm »
How long is the Glyder closed.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2009, 06:59:37 pm »
the same as the 25ft sl-x

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2009, 07:51:52 pm »
the same as the 25ft sl-x

Did you actually measure the closed length of the Glyder?

matt

« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2009, 07:53:06 pm »
How long is the Glyder closed.

i bet they are getting a few million of the goverment as they seem to be bailing out the car makers every day now  ;) i hear honda and going to have another shut down aswell

ftp

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2009, 08:04:17 pm »
Five foot sections on the glider so it's less than twenty five extended i would think. They give it a twenty eight foot reach so that must either include your arms or a very long gooseneck. Collapsed it should be reasonable.?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2009, 08:06:16 pm »
Five foot sections on the glider so it's less than twenty five extended i would think. They give it a twenty eight foot reach so that must either include your arms or a very long gooseneck. Collapsed it should be reasonable.?

It is 24' 4" extended, I just wonder what is the actual closed length. I'm guessing about 5' 10".

s.w.c

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2009, 08:12:10 pm »
but i thought that is what you are trying to do Alex , to be a window cleaner yourself so you should be able to come up with the perfect product for us,

like Andrew did with the freedom trolley as trolleys go its perfect, even ionics sell a trolley now, even ionics see the use of a trolley in our market, not just van systems.

Ive shopped with Alex over two years now and i find his service and products very good, never had to return a product,

so really if Alex keeps at the inventions he should come up with some future interesting products,

it takes a lot of time and effort to try and test theses products out and also can cost some real investment to come up with the final products.

matt

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2009, 08:17:07 pm »

like Andrew did with the freedom trolley as trolleys go its perfect, even ionics sell a trolley now, even ionics see the use of a trolley in our market, not just van systems.

didnt andrew just take the sack truck design, make a folding sack truck with a metal box attached to take the pump and battery

it had been done DIY years earlier, hardly a design classic

matt

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2009, 08:36:40 pm »

People keep comparing them to sack trolleys, but they bear no resemblance just similarities.

your right

both carry a barrel

both carry a pump

both carry a battery

both have wheels

need i go on  ::) ::)

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2009, 09:08:55 pm »
It is 24' 4" extended

Its 26.312ft extended ( states 8.02m in catalogue ) and advertised as a 28ft reach. I didnt actually measure it, but pretty sure its nearly the same closed the 25ft sl-x

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2009, 09:17:02 pm »
It is 24' 4" extended

Its 26.312ft extended ( states 8.02m in catalogue ) and advertised as a 28ft reach. I didnt actually measure it, but pretty sure its nearly the same closed the 25ft sl-x

Someone on another forum has quoted the catalogue as 24' 4" extended. I will have to get one measured and see for myself!

NWH

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2009, 09:22:48 pm »
5ft closed is what i would say everyone is looking for IMO that would be ideal,perfect in fact.

« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2009, 09:30:15 pm »
we all need a fresh approach, it's easy to get closeted inside your own ideas, and actually ewan, alex, matt and luke are all good examples of this in their own way.(And you never thought you had anything in common with ewan , matt!)

But alex is the main one, and i look forward to his new outlook on window cleaning once he starts using his new van and new kit.When he starts actually using the stuff in a pro way he will arrive at solutions faster.

A good pole is important, but so is van layout and an electric reel. The more of our job that is automated or made simpler the better.